Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

• 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 07-20-2024, 05:33 AM

Default August Candies

WMUTeach happy to hear you're listening to your body as you heal! Sending good vibes for a full recovery soon!
    August candies are going out today! Hubby and I will be road warriors for a few weeks, so I wanted to get them mailed! We'll be flying into Seatac and visiting 6 National Parks during our journey through Washington, Oregon and NW California.
    Haven't checked for quilt shops, but I'm sure if we see one - we'll stop by!

Old 07-20-2024, 06:26 AM

Brenda sounds like you have a lovely vacation planned. Hubby and I love trips like you have planned.

WMUT thx for the info it really helps. If one is in town hubby can find something to do while I check it out then on a day if there is bad weather we could check the one out of town together. We absolutely love the UP to visit.
    Old 07-21-2024, 04:16 AM

Good morning every one. What a beautiful sunny Sunday in my mitten. It should be about 85 today which is normal for a summer day. I am looking forward to getting out of the house for church and a walk. By then it will be nap time. I spent some time yesterday cleaning out my craft box labeled 2.5 Birthday Swap.The things I kept. Silly me. I made up more envelopes and will sort more sets of 50. The squares are cut jut not sorted into sets. I have always stayed ahead of the game, but now it is a matter of use my time wisely and finish the final envelopes so all I have to do is add a greeting and address.

I hope your day is peaceful, warm but not too hot, cool but not too cool, and restful but filled with with activities that give you pleasure.
    Old 07-21-2024, 03:14 PM

Oops! Just found my two candy envelopes for the August birthday gals under a stack of paper in the kitchen. I could have sworn I put them out last week. In any case, they’ll go tomorrow. There should be plenty of time to arrive before the birthdays.

Hope you all have a pleasant week.
    Old 07-21-2024, 03:57 PM

No worries, Janice McC. Glad you found them now and not when they appeared to be missing in the postal system. I just dropped mine off at the post office after church this morning hoping to give them a head start on tomorrow's sorting of the mail. My fingers are crossed for our first birthday with 2.5 weeks (tee-hee-hee) time for delivery. Some days the farce is with me.

Old 07-21-2024, 09:00 PM

Default Thank you!

I recieved all my birthday cards and candies. Thank you all. I thoroughly enjoyed opening each one.
    Old 07-22-2024, 03:41 AM

Happy Birthday Have4Boys!! I am happy to hear that the candies were fun to tear into. I hope your day was filled with adventure and joy.
    Attached Thumbnails have4boys.png  
    Old 07-22-2024, 04:59 AM

Brenda W, your vacation is through my neck(s) of the woods! The Seattle area doesn't have a lot of quilt shops these days but there are several good ones in Oregon. My favorites were Finally together in Lebanon OR, Stitchin' Post in sisters, OR and Boersma's.in mcMinnville. Jordan fabrics is in grants Pass but s.tore not open to the public. I found that out the hard way on a trip down there...they are online only. Happy travels!

Old 07-22-2024, 05:15 AM

Happy Belated Birthday, Hav4. I hope your day was beyond your expectations and full of what makes you happy. Here are a few more packages just for you!
    Attached Thumbnails brightly-colored-wrapped-gifts-bows-770x565.jpg  
    Old 07-22-2024, 08:56 AM

Happy Birthday Hav4! Glad you enjoyed all your cards and candy. 🍬