Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • April 2010 Doll Quilt Swap >
  • April 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

• April 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 05-13-2010, 04:38 PM
    Power Poster

so, i sent a doll quilt to studio-christine, but did not show everyone because i wanted her to see it first, i can only assume she has received it, it's been a month, so i'm going to show everyone now...if i can figure out how to get a picture here.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-64245.jpe   attachment-64246.jpe  
    Old 05-13-2010, 04:42 PM
    Power Poster

it took me 3 tries to make a doll quilt, made the 1st one all by hand, pieced, appliqued and quilted, showed it to my dh, and he said, it's nice, but I don't think its a doll quilt, so i hung that one on my wall and tried a totally different one, got the 2nd one done, went to the living room to show it and my dh said...nice placemat, you making a set? so, third times the charm... when i took this one out to him he said, now you've figured out what a doll quilt is :) boy, he's tough some times :)
    Old 05-13-2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
    it took me 3 tries to make a doll quilt, made the 1st one all by hand, pieced, appliqued and quilted, showed it to my dh, and he said, it's nice, but I don't think its a doll quilt, so i hung that one on my wall and tried a totally different one, got the 2nd one done, went to the living room to show it and my dh said...nice placemat, you making a set? so, third times the charm... when i took this one out to him he said, now you've figured out what a doll quilt is :) boy, he's tough some times :)
    Don't know how your husband defines "doll quilt", but this one is great. Your other two are probably spectacular too. Keep quilting - looks like you are a natural :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 05-13-2010, 04:54 PM

That is soooo cute! Great job and original idea! I wonder if your partner didnt receive it. I cannot imagine someone not letting you know. I always worry when I send my exchanges that they will be "lost" in the mail. It just costs so much to send registered return receipt. Did you PM her to see if she received it???

Maybe I need your husband to explain the difference to me about doll quilts, because I just make something in within the size range....I am not sure just what "qualifies" as a "doll quilt".

Margie :)
    Old 05-13-2010, 05:00 PM

Beautiful little clown quilt!!! I love the colors.

quilt4u, that is a gorgeous little quilt you did!!! Aren't these fun and wonderful!!!
    Old 05-13-2010, 05:17 PM
    Power Poster

thanks for the compliments, and yes, i have pm'd her, but she seems to have fallen off the site for now, she lives a long way away and i hope all is well with her, and hope she has received it. and i guess my dh decided this one was ok because it is more (juvenile) looking, the other two were more...traditional...i don't know, the first one i passed on as a gift for a different purpose and the recipient loved it, and the second one i think i am still going to use (the one he thinks looks like a place mat...i've been looking at it and think if i add a little applique it will still be able to pass as a doll quilt
    of course, all of us here see the quilts differently than an non-quilting man would i guess...he certainly has a very .... mind-set concept of the quilts, and is my biggest critic...if it doesn't cause him to catch his breath when i show it to him it just doesn't 'measure up' funny....
    Old 05-13-2010, 05:27 PM

lol ckcowl, sounds like your husband is a true critic! I love the doll quilt, the clown is darling. I hope you hear something from your partner in time. I am guessing you have not recieved your doll quilt either?
    Old 05-13-2010, 06:01 PM

Swimmer girl,
    Great quilt from quilt4u.
    Blue Bell
    Old 05-13-2010, 06:07 PM

What a darling little quilt!!! I love it!! It's really so great, it makes me smile every time I look at it. I hope your partner did get the quilt. It might take a long tome to reach her, but I'd think she'd answer a PM. Did you check to see if she read your PM?
    Old 05-14-2010, 12:16 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by ckcowl
    so, i sent a doll quilt to studio-christine, but did not show everyone because i wanted her to see it first, i can only assume she has received it, it's been a month, so i'm going to show everyone now...if i can figure out how to get a picture here.
    That is adorable! She must be very happy with her little work of art - I know I would be. :-) Thanks for posting. This is so much fun. :-)