April - Boom 18

Old 04-12-2017, 10:13 AM

Thank you girls I'll absolutely be checking in on the booms I hope in the mean time I don't miss any completed quilts. That would be a bummer.

This is something I have done for every boom I have to get one last look of all my completed blocks together. It's silly but it makes me happy to look at them up on my board. So of course I took every single one out and put them up on my board. Just for a picture hahaha. Some days it's good to be the last house on my letter carriers route it give me time to do stuff like this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]571396[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails last-look-.jpg  
Old 04-12-2017, 11:24 AM
Power Poster

Awesome collection, Billi! A little bit of everyone's vision there.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:50 PM

Here's my last block for this Boom! This is for Terriamn. Thanks again for your help! ((there will be a little goodie in your baggie as a thank-you))

[ATTACH=CONFIG]571405[/ATTACH]

It's the Cat's Cradle quilt block.
Attached Thumbnails boom-18-terriamn-cats-cradle.jpg  
Old 04-12-2017, 12:52 PM

Janice -

I'm mailing out my package today. Yeah!!! I put some extra $$ to cover the increase in postage cost.

Thanks for your wonderful leadership!!
Old 04-12-2017, 01:25 PM

What a lot of pix and posts! I've been working all day on taxes, uggg. (Why didn't we pay someone to do it?) Anyway, three more packages came in but I haven't opened them yet. I have a couple of others I haven't gotten to yet and probably won't until this weekend. Jclinganrey and Billi both said theirs will be in the mail so that only leaves Ibex who has said she'll ship in time for the due date. Sooo we are in pretty good shape for an on time mailing next week. I can say that this time it's unlikely I'll ship early. You know I try to do that whenever possible but I'm swamped so it should be the 20th when I ship per the original plan. BTW, kudos to jclinganrey for finishing on time. If you recall, her f8 package was delayed a couple of weeks so she had less time than everyone else. We talked about extending the due date a bit but it turns out she didn't need it. That's the boomer spirit! Thank you, Jane!

And good grief, I forgot to acknowledge Billi taking time off from the Booms. Well, the nerve, that's all I'll say. Seriously though, maybe we can entice her with a side swap or two occasionally if she isn't off traveling the world and having adventures! Best of luck, Billi.

Last edited by Janice McC; 04-12-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:58 PM

My blocks are at the post office. I have been insanely busy and made the decision not to turn on my computer except to email Janice to let her know I did not fall off the face of the planet. Most importantly, thanks to all of you I have completed another bunch of blocks. I apologize for the photo quality.... my camera phone is a basic one and has awful camera options so I hid in the bathroom and hoped that the flash would kick in so that the colors would show up. I enjoyed making all the blocks for you all. I planned them early on so putting them together was much less stress than my first Boom (17). Thank you for my beautiful blocks. I will be working on my Mardi Gras quilt before I work on my fairy quilt but I promise to post the quilts when they get done assuming, of course, quiltingboard.com is still in business. Much of the fun of the Boom is getting to read everyone's posts. It has been impossible for me to keep up with the board this time around. I miss you all. I will be going back over the board to watch your decisions and explanations for the blocks you chose. I learn so much from you!! Thank you!!!!
Old 04-12-2017, 04:09 PM

Ok. The grand reveal.

"Annie's Choice" for Marija
"Go Along" for Joanelizbay
a lotus medallion block for Marietta
"Disappearing Four Patch" for Sewbizgirl
"Disappearing Four Patch" for MollyMunchkin
"Clay's Choice" for Jclinganrey
a circus block for Bibliostone
an adaption of an unnamed block I saw in an old quilt magazine for LJDugas
"Betty's Delight" for Libster
"Hour Glass" for Jaba
Attached Thumbnails annies-choice-marija.jpg   bettys-delight-libster.jpg   butterflies-ljdugas.jpg   circus-block-bibliostone.jpg   clays-choice-jclinganrey.jpg  

disappearing-4-patch-mollymunchkin.jpg   disappearing-four-patch-sewbizgirl.jpg   flower-medallion-marietta.jpg   go-along-joanelizbay.jpg   hour-glass-jaba.jpg  

Last edited by ibex94; 04-12-2017 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:11 PM

Grand reveal continued....

"Indian" for Terriamn
a Leo block for All2Pieces
a Meow block for Billi
"Indian" in space for Muse&Sew
"Spring Basket" for Francie
"Summer Winds" for Nankathy
a giant heart for the love that Dia de los Muertos represents for MJPEncinitas
Attached Thumbnails indian-terriamn.jpg   leo-all2pieces.jpg   meow-billi.jpg   space-indian-musensew.jpg   spring-basket-francie.jpg  

summer-winds-nanakathy.jpg   heart-mjpencinitas.jpg  

Last edited by ibex94; 04-12-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:13 PM

Love my block, Ibex. Thank you.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:19 PM

Just to keep them all together, here are the two I posted earlier in this BOOM:

Fading Star for Traveling Gramma
Whirling Star for Kassaundra
Attached Thumbnails fading-star-traveling-gramma.jpg   whirling-star-kassaundra.jpg  

Last edited by ibex94; 04-12-2017 at 04:24 PM.