April - Boom 18

Old 06-01-2017, 06:06 AM

Janice wishing BIL well on his surgery

Chiggers grrrrrr hate the buggers. To repel, dusting with sulfer always worked well with us (some people put baby oil around their ankles, waist and neck and behind knees , then dust shoes pant legs etc with the sulfer)...We used Skin so Soft for chiggers and mosquitoes at times when my girls were little that worked good. (its the deet in the chemical sprays that kills them when they get on you, so altho whatever you use might be good to repel them your still going to get a bite or two) Have friends who used lavender said it worked ok.
As far as the itching from them, calamine never did much good for us, we always used Vicks vapor rub, campho phenique or baking soda paste.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:13 AM

Kass can't wait to see your back with that teaser you sent

Did add the narrow border and one side of the wide border to "shock wave". Heading to lake today it is supposed to be a top 10 weather day. Think I will stop and buy ingredients for a thick veggie soup, seems strange for summer but love it year around. Going to pull weeds then spend the afternoon in my lawn chair with a good book
Old 06-01-2017, 08:31 AM

I'm going to have to get my fabric ready for the next boom (my first). It doesn't seem to be too far away. I'm excited to get started.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:34 AM

No, not to far away at all, klaws, not far at all! In fact, I was just working on the preliminary posts and emails, prepping them for when I'm ready to post.

We love "newbies" to the swap, those with a lot of experience, those who are fairly new to quilting and everybody in between. It always shakes things up when somebody new joins. Fresh ideas or new techniques or ??? We never know what will happen. And the repeat Boomers are the backbone of the swap. Not always the same people, although there are a few that keep re-upping, and they provide a kind of stability. The group is fluid and yet somehow stable. Two parts of a whole. Gotta love it.

Originally Posted by klaws
I'm going to have to get my fabric ready for the next boom (my first). It doesn't seem to be too far away. I'm excited to get started.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:35 AM

I love all the booms, but your first is always soooo cool!

I was sewing along on Citrus Nights (which is coming along spectacularly) anyway had a perfect 40 inch stitch line ....................................... except the big rats nest in the back!!!!! GRRRRRR I don't know which is worse having to rip it all or the waste of a thread I can't replace. (older line no label that tells color)
Old 06-01-2017, 10:15 AM

Uh, oh! A date with jack again? Too bad.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra
I love all the booms, but your first is always soooo cool!

I was sewing along on Citrus Nights (which is coming along spectacularly) anyway had a perfect 40 inch stitch line ....................................... except the big rats nest in the back!!!!! GRRRRRR I don't know which is worse having to rip it all or the waste of a thread I can't replace. (older line no label that tells color)
Old 06-01-2017, 10:59 AM

(older line no label that tells color)[/QUOTE]
too bad the LQS didn't have what the paint stores have where you could put your fabric in to scan, and then have your thread to match.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:27 AM

Oh TG that would be wonderful. Sitting on the deck, listening to an audio book enjoying the gentle breeze. A very unusual day at the lake. Just plain bliss
Old 06-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Power Poster

Prayers for your BIL, Janice. Praying all goes well and he heals without complications.

Kass... oh no. I hate to waste thread that way too. Funny idea, TG, about the matching thread computer!

I went through my scrap boxes last night, color by color, and pulled out the florals that might play well together in a scrappy Boom quilt. I have a stack of traditional florals, and then another one of modern florals. If we get two groups again, one will get the moderns and one the trads. Here they are, (not that you can see much). I'm probably going to let people just do whatever they think is pretty, with the exception of white and black. But I'll work that all out for my "request note".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573977[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc03681-small-.jpg  
Old 06-01-2017, 03:12 PM

SewBiz I wrote no black or brown with mine, maybe I should add no white also ?