April - Boom 18

Old 06-03-2017, 08:11 AM

Terri I tried to quote your post but it didn't do it, anyway, are your floral prints going to be for donation quilts also, just curious?
Old 06-03-2017, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

Feeling your pain... professional exterminators should be able to get rid of them in one visit.

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas
Oh I'm so tempted.
Right now I'm dealing with fleas. We brought them back from our camping trip probably at the same place I fell. It is really a battle. I get bit but apparently my husband doesn't react to the bites. My husband says he's going to give me a flea bath.

We are supposed to do a house exchange to Hawaii starting Thursday. The couple knows we are in a flea battle. The professionals are coming Tuesday. After that we'll give them an update and they will decide. Fortunately it's confined
to one room.

The silver lining is if we don't go to Hawaii I'll be able to do the boom.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:32 PM

Kass since I love florals I think this will be a quilt for me. I'm thinking a theme of flower 🌺 garden

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
Terri I tried to quote your post but it didn't do it, anyway, are your floral prints going to be for donation quilts also, just curious?
Old 06-03-2017, 01:57 PM

Ohhh, that will get the juices flowing, a flower garden for Terri, let the google searching begin! lol
Old 06-03-2017, 04:08 PM

Okay, Terri, do you want just pieced blocks or can we do some applique?

MjpEncinitas, I know what you mean about the fleas biting you. I always told my DH I knew I was a dog in another life. They bite me when nobody else is touched. I hate those little critters! Just imagine how miserable our pets must be when they're being bitten by them. We would miss you in the next Boom, but I understand perfectly which choice I'd make if I had the chance.
Old 06-03-2017, 06:42 PM

Well my google search resulted in some definite possibilities won't know for sure until I see the fabric.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:53 AM

Kassaundra, how are you feeling these days?

BIL is doing great. Up walking, eating normally but there are lots of meds for now and PT begins soon. Looks like he's got a positive future ahead of him but quite painful for a few months.

We've got a day of thunderstorms so I might get some quilting time. I haven't worked on the blue & green floral in days.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:51 AM

Yesterday was my first day back to work. I'm doing better, my face still hurts a lot, but not enough to take pain meds for. Sleeping is still hard, I wake up a lot (not usual for me I usually sleep like the dead)

Glad your BIL is doing so well, getting up and around as soon as possible is very important.

I brought the pieces of Summer Citrus and Citrus Nights to work w/ me and took some pics I'll try and get them posted today.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:50 AM

Decided I needed 6 more blocks for my April black fabric.Managed to get them all cut out yesterday but doubt I get to sew this week. Today is picking up one grandson from his "mothers", taking one to ball game at 5, watching all 4 all night then one to football in am, other 2 to band camp, one to day care... Again Wed and Thur then thats it with ball games and band for the summer...I told DIL she was killing me! But if it allows them to both work its worth it! And gives me grandma time.. Ill get the sewing done as its the only one Im working on now..rest are finished waiting for quilter. Have a great weekend!!
Old 06-04-2017, 07:14 AM

Libster anything goes on my blocks, appliqué, Embroidery anything that says flower garden to you but prefer you pick the weeds first 😊

Great news on your BIL Janice, how long is hubby staying in Ca?

Supposed to be beautiful here next few days. I'm itchin to go home and sew but thought how dumb. Will stay another day or two. Have a table runner to hand sew the binding down on and a few more good book to entertain myself.