April - Boom 18

Old 01-23-2017, 05:18 AM

Fantastic Kass! doing a happy dance for you and yorkie. What's his name?
And what's wrong with your ear? I'm having to make an apt with my ENT today for mine where I had the tube placed. The pain off and on during the day and not being able to hear is driving me crazy.
Hope yours gets better.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:21 AM

Kass great news on your little pup. Problem with such a tiny guy is finding the right amount of meds or supplements to give him. Our old girl has very dry skin and I put a dab of pure coconut oil on a teaspoon and let her lick it off. My dh has a fit when I try natural remedies and mentioned this to the vet. Vet tech piped right in started telling hubby all the positives of cocunut oil.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:19 AM

Thanks everyone. I have not heard of dinovite, I'll check into it. I have been considering trying coconut oil, been meaning to try it for us anyway.

His name is Bit, for short we started calling him "Little bit" b/c we really thought his people would be looking for him. Several months ago we found him in the front yard covered in fleas, w/ an infected eye and shivering and hungry. Talked w/ the local vets, placed ads, repeatedly called the local paper, no body claimed him, so guess he is here to stay. (Gary calls him "the bit of little")

I have an ear infection, first one since I was a child, I think it is finally getting better. I can sit on the sofa w/o wishing I had a seat belt today.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566502[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_1164.jpg  
Old 01-23-2017, 07:45 AM

The dinovite worked for us with a severe shedding problem. Fussy eaters might object without lots of encouragement. It mixes with food. My fussy eater got over it, she likes to eat too much.

Cute little dog. He must have heard by the grapevine that you were up for adoption and he came to check you out! ❤️

Last edited by GramE; 01-23-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:38 AM

Kass, how cute your little yorkie is!
I got my F8s today.
Everybody down South, please check in and let us know if you made it through these storms okay. We got about 3 inches of rain last night and the river is already flooding here. We're expecting all the wind this afternoon. I know Georgia was hit horribly by the tornados, 19 dead by the last count I heard. Everybody, stay safe. This weather is wild!
Old 01-23-2017, 09:57 AM

We have flash floods here in Southern California. Tree came down last night and messed up one of our outdoor pipes so water was gushing out. We didn't realize it till DH took a bath and found low water pressure. All his engineering friends are bringing their chain saws (for some reason they think using chain saws is fun) over next weekend and taking down the tree, cutting it up for firewood. Then DH will fix the water pipe problem and add a water regulator to the house. Glad the outside is his domain.

Today would be a great day to get those squares with all the gloomy weather here.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:29 AM

Sorry about your water problem, but happy to know that you and family are okay.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:08 AM

Adorable Yorkie Kass! So sweet of you to help him.

Yea! the F8's are starting to come. We have lots of snow currently & a big storm is supposed to come in the next 2 days. Hoping my squishie will have no problems getting here.

MJP sorry about the water too. Crazy weather for sure.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:09 AM

Just a note to our newbies...blocks you make for the Boom should be blocks you are generally comfortable with making. I would advise against starting a paper pieced block if you've never paper pieced, or applique if you haven't practiced it or even a block with several dozen pieces if you are used to working only with more basic, classic blocks. Please be true to yourself and your skills. I'm not saying don't try something new...please do...but don't make your first attempt at a new skill using someone else's fabric. Over three years experience with this swap has proven this can go wrong in many ways. Make what you are comfortable making, especially for your first round. You'll see we are all different skill levels so please do not look at this as a competition or feel a need to keep up with the Jones's.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:23 PM

Thank you Janice. I'm going to stick to the stuff I know. Here are three blocks I made to go next to the Day of the Dead blocks you send me. I also used these as practice blocks for the boom. I'm happy with these as they all turned out to be nice 12 1/2" squares. [ATTACH=CONFIG]566521[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566522[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566523[/ATTACH] I bet you can guess which one is going to be used for that beautiful fabric no one wants to cut into.
Attached Thumbnails 17-block-1-dod.jpg   17-block-3-dod.jpg   17-flower-block-dod.jpg