Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon >
  • April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

• April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

Old 04-25-2012, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
    I didn't mean to start anything with my suggestion, and by no means did I mean it as a directive -- only meant it as a suggestion for a tool for more ideas for me. For example -- if someone likes roosters, I would be more apt to send a table runner with roosters than a dramatic contemporary print. Would you make your best friend purple placements if you knew she had brown dishes? I have a rather healthy stash to use up, and I would rather make something I know would fit into someone's decor that they would be more likely to use and enjoy. Not that they wouldn't use and enjoy it otherwise, but at least I'd have a means of narrowing down my fabric choices. Not everyone has the same taste and interest -- I tend towards eclectic myself ... my kitchen is decorated in tela vera pottery and lizards and frogs, no roosters anywhere. My cousin decorates only in pink florals, which would never go in my burnt orange kitchen. I meant the suggestion in the same vein as the question of what kind of candy do you like or not like -- does that mean I HAVE to send candy? I'm just looking for a way to better please someone I don't know and am trying to get to know better. The more hints I have, the more info I have to make something that much more personal, aimed especially towards their likes. Like sending coffee to a coffee drinker rather a tea drinker, or sending a mystery book to someone who likes to read mysteries rather than romance novels, or sending a cookbook to someone who hates to cook. This was not meant as a directive or an expectation, just info gathering. Sorry if I offended anyone.
    Better said than what I said but what I meant, the more info you have the better you are able to make a decision, well said.
    Old 04-25-2012, 05:20 PM
    Power Poster

If anyone wants to add it it shouldn't hurt anything. Mine is farm animal related. mostly chickens.I have been sent several really cute chicken and farm themed items. I also have a frog pot holder ,a multi purple one and several others. I use them all and love each one.Soooooo the checkered ones would fit right in TOMM
    Old 04-25-2012, 05:41 PM

Faye my friend ~ You already know you are in my prayers along with your brother....thank-you for posting link to the video.
    Old 04-25-2012, 06:19 PM

okay so now that we have elcletic home aesthetics, kitchen/dining room accents (chickens, ducks, dogs, whatever)and more questions/descriptions headed for the swap template all worked out, is there an estimate of how many are still sitting on the bench for april? i saw a post that angel packages were already being dispensed.

while it seems like april just started and tax day was just yesterday, it's true that april is almost over (5 more days) and may is just around the corner. our few springlike days here have burned away into an early summer heat. yikes.
    Old 04-25-2012, 07:20 PM

There are approximately 4 still waiting because of my errors and not finding out about them until I started getting pms from people saying they sent to so n so and I had them down as sending to someone else so had to do so fast thinking but all 4 are in the mail. catpawski-hobbykat1955-luvmyash and reginaloves fabric. If your name is on this list and you HAVE received your package please let me know!! Thanks Lori
    Old 04-25-2012, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    There are approximately 4 still waiting because of my errors and not finding out about them until I started getting pms from people saying they sent to so n so and I had them down as sending to someone else so had to do so fast thinking but all 4 are in the mail. catpawski-hobbykat1955-luvmyash and reginaloves fabric. If your name is on this list and you HAVE received your package please let me know!! Thanks Lori

great that is not bad at all.

catpawski that red kitty fabric wont stop waving at me to do something with it.
    Old 04-25-2012, 08:30 PM

Thank you Onalee. Love you bunches!!!!
    Old 04-25-2012, 09:22 PM

Haveplenty I guess I need to settle this, the pot Holders are mine, all mine and perfect for my kitchen LOL.
    Old 04-26-2012, 02:57 AM
    Swap Hosts

Fayzer, so glad you're posting again. I think our insanity here will help get your mind off things if only for a minute.
    I think we all need to go to Mary's house this weekend and have a PS potholder sew in. I'm getting a little old for a sleeping bag, so I'll take your bed, Mary. I know you won't mind.
    Old 04-26-2012, 05:41 AM

Gosh, wouldn't that be fun if we could have a PS potholder sew in? Are we ready for May yet? Little beanchsitters, arent you glad it is spring and not winter? I think, I'll wait with you.

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Fayzer, so glad you're posting again. I think our insanity here will help get your mind off things if only for a minute.
    I think we all need to go to Mary's house this weekend and have a PS potholder sew in. I'm getting a little old for a sleeping bag, so I'll take your bed, Mary. I know you won't mind.