Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • April Secret Pal Swap, Closes March 31st 4pm CDT >
  • April Secret Pal Swap, Closes March 31st 4pm CDT

• April Secret Pal Swap, Closes March 31st 4pm CDT

Old 04-19-2014, 03:43 PM

That's a great question! I always assumed it meant those bright 30s reproductions. It never occurred to me it could be other time periods, but that makes sense.
    Old 04-20-2014, 04:51 AM
    Power Poster

Happy Easter everyone! Received a wonderful package from Belfrybat. She sent me so many lovely fabrics for an I Spy quilt, some fat qtrs of my favorite colors, plus a cute book with baby quilt patterns, a needle holster, hot chocolate, a gift of faith box, stiletto,dessert decals, and my favorite peanut m&m's!! Thanks so much for everything, very much appreciated and will be used.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]472392[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]472393[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]472394[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Old 04-20-2014, 11:19 AM

I love 30's repro but I have a friend that does Civil War Repro...great question, Bellfry!!!!
    Old 04-20-2014, 10:25 PM

This is my parcel from Starshine. You can see she got me a McKenna Ryan pattern (which I seem to have started a collection of - how did that happen? ) which is even more special as it has a Red Cardinal, her state bird. As well as fabulous FQs, there's patterns from JoAnn's and a reusable bag.

You won't believe this, but I nearly put one of those bags on my 'One item'! I got one from Lauriejo last year but managed to tear it and my repair was pretty shoddy. Although I don't really collect them, I like dragonflies. Also, the pins you see were actually on my 'Watch' list on eBay! You don't see a lot of Dritz products here (or indeed much of anything, lol). There's also some lovely checked ribbon (think y'all call that plaid) and a little container for bobbins not in the photo. Thank you Tricia - love it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]472480[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_1139.jpg  
    Old 04-21-2014, 03:49 AM

Great pkgs coming in! I may have to bow out for the May SP Swap since I'm moving...again but its only for two yrs. We, my fiancee and I have a two yr plan on purchasing a home so I look at this as part of an obstacle that we will get through. I'll be lurking on the May swap to see all the wonderful goodies everyone receives!
    Old 04-21-2014, 06:21 AM

I received a wonderful package from Nancyw. You may not be able to count in the photo, but there are 15 patterns! I will be busy Thank you Nancy!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]472524[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]472525[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]472526[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails sp-april-2014-098.jpg   sp-april-2014-099.jpg   sp-april-2014-100.jpg  
    Old 04-21-2014, 06:36 AM

I'll be bowing out of May too - first time for two years! DH and I are off to Italy at the beginning of May. On a brighter note, we'll be visiting Venice so I should be able to get something nice for my June SP, although I doubt there'll be any quilt shops!
    Old 04-21-2014, 08:00 AM

My SP's package was delivered on Saturday. Sure she must be away for the weekend. Cannot wait to hear if she likes all I made for her. Tiem will tell.
    Old 04-21-2014, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat
    Great packages coming in, everyone.
    I have a question for future swaps. Lately two people I've sent to marked they liked reproduction fabrics, but did not list any particular era. Since I'm not into repros, I tend to send something that is rather a dull colour with a small print that looks old fashioned. Am I on the right track when someone doesn't specify? I hate to disappoint, but looking up reproduction fabrics on-line was not helpful as they are grouped according to time periods.
    It can be either 30s reproduction - ex: Aunt Grace or Civil War reproduction - ex: Barbara Backman's line of fabrics with Moda.

Ask Lori to contact the recipient to clarify for you.

Jane
    Old 04-21-2014, 11:36 AM

Look what I got from Deltadawn...I wasn't home when it arrived on Saturday so I had to go get it at the PO this morning. It was filled with great goodies: a Micron pen, a cloth box, swan pincushion, a cupcake key ring, a heart sachet, great fabrics, floss bobbins,Invisible thread, some fusible applique backing, patchwork templates, a pattern (i will use it in a few days...adorable),postcards of her town...it looks awesome and a place I would love to go see, and a sweet note on a lovely Easter card. It is really a great package and I love every single thing!
    Attached Thumbnails dscn2205.jpg