Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >
  • April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

• April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-25-2011, 05:45 AM

UPDATE!!

Just checked tracking and my package is out for delivery to my SP. That was quick. I was not expecting it to be delivered until tomorrow. This is just too awesome as I mailed it Saturday.
    Old 04-25-2011, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by mamaheath
    I learn so much from reading this thread. I didn't know to give feedback and just went to add somed for my partner. Thank you for this information!
    I didn't know we were supposed to either. Suzzanne always did it so i never did. I will go do for Kookla right now
    Old 04-25-2011, 06:00 AM

I don't think I've left feedback either! I guess I had better get on it!
    Old 04-25-2011, 06:05 AM

Good morning all. Hope all who celebrate had a lovely Easter.

Terryl...my husband made you a lemonade pitcher last night...hope you gwt off the bench soon my friend, :-D

As far as the swap rules, they are clear, there is a deadline, amount to spend and an address to send to. I don't personally feel that posting on the thread and sharing a photo is necessary, although it sure adds to the fun of the swap. However, a PM to thank your partner is just good manners, I can't imagine getting something from someone and not acknolwedge it, but like my mom says you really can't control other peoples' actions, only yours, so I pretty much do my part and don't have any expectations as to what my partners do or don't do.

Of course, the hostess can make sending a Thank You PM a requirenment, but then that is just creating more work for her and more things to follow up on and she already has a tremendous job with just making sure that everyone gets a package, but lets face it, many don't follow deadlines, and I suspect manyy won't follow the thank you PM rule either. Now I understand life happens, and gets in tge way of fun, but really hownlong does it take to a PM a partner? You don't even have to write a message you can just make the title "got my package, thank you".

On another note, I am always amazed at excuses people give for not doing what they are supposed to do. Back in January, I traded a pattern for a FQ with a board member, I sent her the pattern right away, and she said the FQ is in an envelope addressed and ready to go...here we are three months later and I haven't gotten a thing from her yet. In February, I PMed to let her know that I haven't got the FQ, and she said that she didn't have a chance to go to the PO, her back was out or something. Now mind you, she is a frequent poster, and she went to a sewing exposition and talked about that, a class, some guild meetings and what not, but apparently she is too sick to drop the envelope at the PO... I have of course given up on that FQ, and it really isn't a huge deal, but like I said, it amazes me, and it is just a reminder that when manners are lacking, there is really not much you can do about it.

Many of the swappers on here though are fun and considerate and I'll continue to participate for as long as I can. Oh, I talked too much and I need a glass of lemonafe now :mrgreen:
    Old 04-25-2011, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by candi
    Good morning all. Hope all who celebrate had a lovely Easter.

Terryl...my husband made you a lemonade pitcher last night...hope you gwt off the bench soon my friend, :-D

As far as the swap rules, they are clear, there is a deadline, amount to spend and an address to send to. I don't personally feel that posting on the thread and sharing a photo is necessary, although it sure adds to the fun of the swap. However, a PM to thank your partner is just good manners, I can't imagine getting something from someone and not acknolwedge it, but like my mom says you really can't control other peoples' actions, only yours, so I pretty much do my part and don't have any expectations as to what my partners do or don't do.

Of course, the hostess can make sending a Thank You PM a requirenment, but then that is just creating more work for her and more things to follow up on and she already has a tremendous job with just making sure that everyone gets a package, but lets face it, many don't follow deadlines, and I suspect manyy won't follow the thank you PM rule either. Now I understand life happens, and gets in tge way of fun, but really hownlong does it take to a PM a partner? You don't even have to write a message you can just make the title "got my package, thank you".

On another note, I am always amazed at excuses people give for not doing what they are supposed to do. Back in January, I traded a pattern for a FQ with a board member, I sent her the pattern right away, and she said the FQ is in an envelope addressed and ready to go...here we are three months later and I haven't gotten a thing from her yet. In February, I PMed to let her know that I haven't got the FQ, and she said that she didn't have a chance to go to the PO, her back was out or something. Now mind you, she is a frequent poster, and she went to a sewing exposition and talked about that, a class, some guild meetings and what not, but apparently she is too sick to drop the envelope at the PO... I have of course given up on that FQ, and it really isn't a huge deal, but like I said, it amazes me, and it is just a reminder that when manners are lacking, there is really not much you can do about it.

Many of the swappers on here though are fun and considerate and I'll continue to participate for as long as I can. Oh, I talked too much and I need a glass of lemonafe now :mrgreen:
    Candi, totally agree people either follow the rules or not you can't make them just exclude if they don't send a package.
    Old 04-25-2011, 07:43 AM

I thought because it's a secret pal swap, you are not supposed to let them know who you really are. I will do better in the future.
    Old 04-25-2011, 07:43 AM

I thought because it's a secret pal swap, you are not supposed to let them know who you really are. I will do better in the future.
    Old 04-25-2011, 07:46 AM

Candi, Please thank your husband for me. Until I can thank him myself in person :) :) It's such a beautiful day here, I think I'll take my crocheting out with me as I wait for/stalk the mailman. LOL LOL
    Old 04-25-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by hobo2000

Let them know AFTER they receive the squishy if you didn't include your identity in the package. Send them a PM or tell them on this thread.
    Old 04-25-2011, 07:55 AM

Ladies, I have read some of the post and sometime you get a card or just a label on the package with the persons real name and not board name. but with that said it should still be posted that they received the package. also i wanted to thank everyone for there prayers,Mom went to be with Jesus on Sat. and i will miss her dearly. But she will suffer no more. Thank you ladies for being there to help me thru.