Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >
  • April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

• April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-13-2011, 03:41 AM
    Power Poster

If I remember correctly, it was a question on the March form that we filled out. I didn't have the time to check it out, but I remember my SP partner saying that they did celebrate it but not as a religious holiday. I know that Suzanne always tries to think of everything. She does a great job. I sometimes just want to send her a SP package just because of all that she does.

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
    Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    I sent my box out today.Full of home made goodies. It's going to MD that is the state.I hope she celebrates Easter.It should be there within the next 2-3 days. Mary
    I Hope my SP Celebrates Easter too! Hmm maybe that should be a question the form..

About Holidays!
    Old 04-13-2011, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by trisha
    Some great packages being delivered. I have to get mine ready in the next couple of days. I went for my Heart Cath today and thought I would get a couple of stints and found out I have to have a triple bypass in the next couple of weeks. I find out tomorrow if it will be next week or not. Wow!!! What a shock that was!!! But going to get my SP out sooner than later!! Love all your things everybody, and can't wait til I get mine!!
    Trisha,
    The same thing happened to me except they put in 5 stents and then decided to do the triple bypass. It went really well for me and I pray your surgery does too!!

Linda
    Old 04-13-2011, 03:59 AM

Some great packages being delivered. I have to get mine ready in the next couple of days. I went for my Heart Cath today and thought I would get a couple of stints and found out I have to have a triple bypass in the next couple of weeks. I find out tomorrow if it will be next week or not. Wow!!! What a shock that was!!! But going to get my SP out sooner than later!! Love all your things everybody, and can't wait til I get mine!!
    Hope all goes well for you Trisha, Hopefully putting together you SP package will take you mind of it.
    Old 04-13-2011, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
    Was able to get my SP package off today! And it has very long trip over sea's! It's my first time doing this, now I'm seeing pictures, and it look's like some folks have spent more than $10.00 LOL...So I think mines gonna look a cheesey! But I hope she likes it any way!
    I live overseas so it maybe for me, I am sure I will love it if it is. It was my first swap last time and when I was looking at all the wonderful packages arriving I was so worried that mine would fall short but my SP said she absolutely loved all of it. I too found it difficult to stick to budget especially as things are much more expensive here but I bought quite a few things in bulk which made a saving so I can get together a bag of things to dip into (chocolate in bulk was so NOT a good idea, have to buy again this month)
    Old 04-13-2011, 05:02 AM

just checked the confirmation.....your secret swap package arrived in mississippi last night. When the post comes I hope you like or even love it. jacqui
    Old 04-13-2011, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by twinkie
    Well, I finally got my SP package sent off today. It is going to one of the four corners of the United States. But, after seeing all of the SP packages that have been received, I hope my SP is not disappointed. If you are in one of those states, it could be you.
    Het Terryl...we are in the SE corner... :mrgreen:
    Old 04-13-2011, 05:25 AM

Trisha, sending you good vibes all goes well and a speedy revovery.
    Old 04-13-2011, 05:45 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Here is a sneak peak at a couple of items that will be in my Sp's package, 2 Hot pads.
    Hoping to mail on Monday to someone in Ca.

I am not very good with binding so please be gentle. :-)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]183573[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-183567.jpe  
    Old 04-13-2011, 05:49 AM

According to the conf# the one I sent is at the post office and will be delivered tomorrow.
    Old 04-13-2011, 05:54 AM

Oh MY! At 8 am this morning I heard a thud at my front door. To my total delight, there was a package between the doors!
    A rather large box.
    I brought it in and raced to my sewing room It was from my secret pal, Wanda Lou from Ohio. Ohio is to the left of Pennsylvania!
    Wanda sent me such a wonderful present. It contained so many beautiful fabrics, patriotic homespuns. I don't have anything like them in my stash. The wheels are already turning for projects to use them. There is a pattern to make a sewing machine cover. I was searching over the internet over the weekend for a pattern to make one. Our house was built in 1890 and it is so dusty. She sent a mini tomato plant pot. I am going to start it today and keep it on my windowsill in the sewing room. When it is warmer plant it outside. I hope the dogs don't eat them all. Sometimes I think they eat more then we do. LOL.
    There was a bag of doggie treats for Bandit, Gidget, Patty and Sally. They love treats and always lick my foot in appreciation. Wanda, I am sending the kisses your way. They thank you.
    She sent a pair of titan edge thread clippers. I desperately needed them, the ones I have are shot! There is a package of metal plant markers with a marking pen, a tablet and a York Peppermint patty.
    To top it all off she sent a birthday present. I love old buttons and I collect vintage hankies. She filled the cutest old fashion bottle with old buttons and then wrapped it in a vintage hankie. It was tied with a pretty pink polka dotted bow and a tag.
    Wanda, thank you so much. You put such extra thought into my package. I love it.
    Peace and Blessings
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-183569.jpe   attachment-183570.jpe   attachment-183571.jpe