Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >
  • April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

• April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-13-2011, 10:15 AM

I am so grateful to have found such a great quilting group. I have looked long and often and I am so happy I finally found this group!

This morning in the mail I found the book I ordered and a Surprize! My SP Squishy! And there was such a haul I felt doubly blessed! Thank you LennieK for such a great job of getting things that I can put to use right away.

I received Chocolate candy, tea, hot cocoa, needle threaders(Which I needed badly)a hand made bookmark, 4 quilt labels, a sewing kit, patchettes, 2 quilt patterns, glue stick, tailor's chalk, Sulky cotton thread, notepad, a pink storage basket, a blue kitchen towel, Batik fabric and 3 fat quarters in Magenta, green and pink.

Again thank you so much LennieK for everything.

April Secret Pal Swap Haul!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]183631[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-183625.jpe  
    Old 04-13-2011, 10:22 AM

Barefoot Quilter, you are very welcome! I had so much fun with it. I told my grandkids those were veggie and dip bowls! LOL! To be honest, I have no idea what a Gourd is, I just thought they looked so neat. Enjoy!
    Old 04-13-2011, 10:27 AM

I don't deserve this! I am in such a mood today. It is very humbling to go to the mailbox and get an unexpected gift. I got my SP package today. All the way from Ohio and Jenni M.
    She sent me some fabrics in my favorite things, dogs and clovers. A couple of patterns, an embroidered fingertip towel, pins for collecting (yes thats a barbie shoe! LOL), recipe cards, stationary, handmade tissue holder, a card with needles in and some hand cream. I think that is everything.
    It has definitly made my day. Thank you Jenni for my little pick me up.
    I havn't mail my package yet. Still finding stuff. She hasn't posted in 3 weeks. Starting to worry, hope all is good with her.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-183663.jpe  
    Old 04-13-2011, 11:02 AM

Some really nice packages being received. I will start warming up the bench and bring the coffee lol
    Old 04-13-2011, 11:35 AM

I just received the most incredible package from quiltnut4ever!
    Everything she included was thought out and perfect!

I got 6 fat quarters of different pink fabric (my favorite color!), a crossword puzzle book (my second favorite hobby!), 2 spools of thread, a german made sewing machine needle (which I can't wait to try out!), some Starbucks coffee (my favorite!), a pattern for a little bag and one for a table topper (which are my favorite things to make), an adorable piece of fabric with "girlfriends" on it, an "I Love Sewing" emery board AND the book "Quilt Pink" ( which is chock full of pink quilts)!!!

I am so appreciative of the care with which this package was put together! Thank you, quiltnut4ever!! You did so good!! You made my day!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-183707.jpe  
    Old 04-13-2011, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by mooretll
    Some really nice packages being received. I will start warming up the bench and bring the coffee lol
    Ooh, good. I love coffee. I hope it's really hot, 'cause it's still chilly here in PA. I'll join you on the bench.
    Old 04-13-2011, 11:41 AM

Wow! Some amazing packages have been received today! What ab swesome group :thumbup:
    Old 04-13-2011, 11:46 AM

Wonderful packages, it's so exciting to see what everyone gets! :D
    Old 04-13-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Plain Jane
    Originally Posted by mooretll
    Ooh, good. I love coffee. I hope it's really hot, 'cause it's still chilly here in PA. I'll join you on the bench.
    Think I will join as well..Hot here but coffee is good anytime :wink:
    Old 04-13-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
    Oh MY! At 8 am this morning I heard a thud at my front door. To my total delight, there was a package between the doors!
    A rather large box.
    I brought it in and raced to my sewing room It was from my secret pal, Wanda Lou from Ohio. Ohio is to the left of Pennsylvania!
    Wanda sent me such a wonderful present. It contained so many beautiful fabrics, patriotic homespuns. I don't have anything like them in my stash. The wheels are already turning for projects to use them. There is a pattern to make a sewing machine cover. I was searching over the internet over the weekend for a pattern to make one. Our house was built in 1890 and it is so dusty. She sent a mini tomato plant pot. I am going to start it today and keep it on my windowsill in the sewing room. When it is warmer plant it outside. I hope the dogs don't eat them all. Sometimes I think they eat more then we do. LOL.
    There was a bag of doggie treats for Bandit, Gidget, Patty and Sally. They love treats and always lick my foot in appreciation. Wanda, I am sending the kisses your way. They thank you.
    She sent a pair of titan edge thread clippers. I desperately needed them, the ones I have are shot! There is a package of metal plant markers with a marking pen, a tablet and a York Peppermint patty.
    To top it all off she sent a birthday present. I love old buttons and I collect vintage hankies. She filled the cutest old fashion bottle with old buttons and then wrapped it in a vintage hankie. It was tied with a pretty pink polka dotted bow and a tag.
    Wanda, thank you so much. You put such extra thought into my package. I love it.
    Peace and Blessings
    Janet, what a terrific pkg you received, love your birthday present how thoughtful! We share the same birth month, isn't May the best? I have my birthday, Mother's Day and our anniversary in May...I looooove May!:lol: Happy upcoming Birthday!