Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >
  • April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

• April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-14-2011, 10:22 AM

Thank you Jeanne (JHolm) !!!!! I LOVE the package..It came today :-D..I have already used the hand cream..The smell is just awesome and the horse, the coffee, the fabrics, the lip gloss, the adorable writing table and rolling pen..(that is just so cute) And my hands are itching to start doing one of the projects in the pattern you sent..Thank you again so much..I really do love them..Here is a picture..
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-184186.jpe  
    Old 04-14-2011, 10:27 AM

Very nice package.
    Old 04-14-2011, 12:10 PM

I'm still on the bench :(
    Old 04-14-2011, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by mimom
    Oh it's too early for the bench yet, unless we're just out for the sunshine and Candi's husbands homemade lemonade, we have until the 19th to send out our packages. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
    Old 04-14-2011, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Linda58
    Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
    I have a question and please forgive me if I give out too much information in regards to my secret pal..My Pal LOVES to cook and I have a cookbook that was printed in 1976 that than has recipes that are 100 years old..So now, they are over 130 years old..My question is this..Do you think it would be ok to add into her "goodies" that I am sending? I would love to see this book go to someone who enjoys cooking..Its a little well used but in very good shape..I am mailing her package tomorrow morning :)
    OMG!!!! Send the cookbook. What an awesome gift. Just reading through it would be so fun!!
    Agreed! Hey, I love to cook, and I'd love something like that
    :mrgreen:
    Old 04-14-2011, 12:27 PM

I would like to thank Christina Hayward for my secret swap package.
    It made my day I needed a new pincushion and I have wanted to try paper piecing for some time.
    I wanted to send you a private message but you didn't include your sreen name.
    so a big thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-184221.jpe  
    Old 04-14-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Terryl
    Oh it's too early for the bench yet, unless we're just out for the sunshine and Candi's husbands homemade lemonade, we have until the 19th to send out our packages. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
    He squeezed some more last night, and added some strawberries for a yummy strawberry lemonade, I am enjoying a glass as i Type this :mrgreen:

And I will try your tips for the mitered corners. Maybe I'll be visiting you sooner than yu think :lol: :thumbup: :mrgreen:
    Old 04-14-2011, 12:49 PM

I know I know, its my first time ya know, and seeing everyones stuff and knowing that some dont end up getting anything, I just hoping everyone comes threw.
    Old 04-14-2011, 12:59 PM

Suzanne would never let anyone go with out a swap. I have been on the bench many times. But recently decided that I would be more patient and have faith in the goodness of others. So I give them a little more leway, a few more days after the deadline. Then I will plot down on the bench and share my goodies and bring a nice big straw for the lemonade. lol
    I know I know, its my first time ya know, and seeing everyones stuff and knowing that some dont end up getting anything, I just hoping everyone comes threw.
    Old 04-14-2011, 01:03 PM

For sure your secret pal will come through, Suzanne doesn't let slackers stay in our swap :evil: She's an awesome hostess and believe me, she sees to it that EVERYONE receives a squishy, instead of the 70's "Charlie's Angels" she has "Suzanne's Angels" lined up and ready :thumbup: The first SP swap I joined, my pal waited til the last day to mail out because she said she thought half the fun was/is the anticipation of not knowing when a surprise might show up. She made the wait well worth it, lots of times we're making something special/specifically just for you and for those of us with outside the home jobs, it takes us a little longer to get them completed. Just sit here beside Candi and me and have some strawberry lemonade today :mrgreen: we'll talk about what we are working on now or our next projects.