Old 08-08-2011, 04:37 AM

M.I.Late,
    I'm mailing your quilt today.
    Be on the look out! :-D
    Old 08-08-2011, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
    Originally Posted by Lynnie25
    Originally Posted by oksewglad
    I love the enthusiasm you newbies bring to the swap! It's up to you to make what you want. It's an expression of who you are. Sometimes I think about what my partner likes, but not always.
    I finished the top to mine tonight. Worked on a new piecing idea and I kind of like it.
    I have made 2 so far, trying to decide which one to quilt.
    I love the surprise of getting the DQ in the mail, but if the mailman decides to take his/her time on delivering it to its new owner, I may post a pic so that my partner knows its coming.
    Decisions, decisions!!!!
    Oh, I love it. I've made 2 also, but I think I know which one I'm going to send my partner. We're all alike in many ways.......it's not just the newbies.
    Old 08-08-2011, 10:24 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by AmyBaby
    So is there any protocol here from making the DQ? I've sent a PM to my partner and asked if she liked certain colors, holidays, seasons, etc. But I'm so impatient I started on something in the meah while and maybe it won't work..lol
    The doll quilt is sender's choice, but if you haven't heard back, you can always do some "stalking" -- click on your partner's name and take a look at his or her profile comments -- and any recent posts s/he has made. This might give you some good hints.
    Old 08-08-2011, 10:26 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by nancia
    wait a minute! do you mean we are not necessarily supposed to please our partner? are there usually themes other than 'do what you want'?
    It's sender's choice BUT as an example, last month I made a pink frilly thing before getting my partner. She is sooooo not a pink frilly thing kinda gal. So she got the electrocuted wolf from me. My partner this month got a bonus - the quilt I made for her and the pink frilly thing.
    Old 08-08-2011, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ms Grace
    M.I.Late,
    Ms. Grace - Yours went in the mail today too. I gotta tell you... I rarely make scrappy quilts, (I have a lot of pastel in my stash) and never buy reproduction fabrics. But, since you like "old" quilts - I wanted to try it. I found some fabrics left over from a lap quilt. (I really didn't like the way the lap quilt came out. - It was a rag quilt) Never the less, I would call the collection antique looking. So I put together a nine patch to start with. Fell in love with it. Took a better look at my stash from just that quilt and realized that I could make a big quilt from what I had left. So that's what I'm doing. Changed a few fabrics and now I love it. It's going to look Victorian I think.

So, I took back the fabric I was going to use for your doll quilt this month and am now making a bigger quilt out of it.

Decided to go to the LQS to get some retro fabric and just go for it. I found a beautiful charm pack of Moda fabrics that were retro and really pretty. Put together a quick DP9 and l fell in love with those fabrics. I used all but 2 colors in your quilt (and I sent those to you). It felt so plain to me because I have been doing so much applique lately - but I have to say, you've opened up new doors to me. I really liked it. Actually, I imagined it as a gorgeous sewing machine cover.

Anyway - Thanks for the eye opener - that's what I love about these swaps. I actually did something new this month. Thank you for that! It's on it's way - I hope you like it.

Gayle

P.S. I was so excited to get it in the mail to you, I failed to add the note card and I forgot to get a picture before it left here.... If you post a picture I can download it from here.
    Old 08-08-2011, 01:49 PM

Wow you ladies have been busy! Great quilts shown so far.
    Congratulations on the new babies - what a treat to have little ones come into the family.
    Mine DQ is done, just waiting for my partner to send me her address then off to the postal jungle it goes.
    Old 08-08-2011, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ms Grace
    M.I.Late,
    Troy26, I mailed yours today also.
    Old 08-08-2011, 03:22 PM

Goldsberry921 your DQ flew the cacoon today...A hint as to subject matter...Hope you like it...It's one of my favorite techniques.
    Old 08-08-2011, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Originally Posted by nancia
    wait a minute! do you mean we are not necessarily supposed to please our partner? are there usually themes other than 'do what you want'?
    It's sender's choice BUT as an example, last month I made a pink frilly thing before getting my partner. She is sooooo not a pink frilly thing kinda gal. So she got the electrocuted wolf from me. My partner this month got a bonus - the quilt I made for her and the pink frilly thing.
    And I LOVE the Pink Frilly Thing :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

And I also LOVE the "Just Look Away".
    Old 08-08-2011, 04:54 PM

My DQ top is finished, now just the finishing touches..... will get fbric for the borders amd backing tomorrow. It will soon be ready to send to Jennifer.... jacie