Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August 2011 Doll Quilt Swap >
  • August 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

• August 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 08-26-2011, 01:04 PM

These are all so awesome! This month was really fun, glad I'm in for next month.......now if I can just find that flame fabric I KNOW I have.........I know it's here somewhere! Even DH remembers it.
    Old 08-26-2011, 01:12 PM

received my doll quilt today from scrappylouisa i love it the purple and yellow are so cheerful also she sent me a crochet pincushion i now have to see if i can keep it away from my grandaughter she loves purple too.

Linda

here is where i am using quilt with my salone girls i made
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]247118[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-247093.jpe   attachment-247112.jpe  
    Old 08-26-2011, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by fromzstore
    received my doll quilt today from scrappylouisa i love it the purple and yellow are so cheerful also she sent me a crochet pincushion i now have to see if i can keep it away from my grandaughter she loves purple too.

Linda
    I just love purple & yellow together. I think the colors just sing! What a darling quilt. Wonderful.
    Old 08-26-2011, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Carron
    Here is the quilt I received from Psychomom...check out all those tiny squares...if I counted right she put in 168 of them. The fabrics she choose are so pretty and she also made an adorable pin cushion from some of the same fabric.

Thanks Mary I know you must have put in a lot of time with those postage stamp size squares to make this quilt.
    What a lovely 9 patch this is...so floral!! :-) Love it!!
    Old 08-26-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Patticake
    Look at the beautiful little Doll Quilt I got from Jillnjo! She did such a wonderful job, I can't decide which side I like better. Good thing I can choose both! :P She also sent me some fabric and a nice card. Thank you Jillnjo for being a great swap partner! Happy Quilting!
    Patti
    Wow...I like this one a LOT!!
    Old 08-26-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by dorrell ann
    This is the quilt I sent to QuilterMomma- I really enjoyed this one!!!I used my hand dyed fabric and several pieces of silk-
    WOW Dorrell!!! That is just stunning!! How creative! Wonderful work, as always.
    Old 08-26-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
    Here is my first Amish inspired quilt, by Leslie Frost. A great addition
    to my collection. TY!!
    Dotty I love your new little Amish quilt. I love Amish quilts, and I recently got a book with minis. My future partners are bound to get some! :-)

I sent AmyBaby's little quilt to her on Tuesday, and she only lives about 150 miles from me, so hoping she'll have it today or tomorrow. There's a story to it, too, so hope she includes that when she posts the picture.
    Old 08-26-2011, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
    Yeah, mine's here from Lynnie25. I haven't opened it yet (patience, G, patience...) Sure hope she gets hers soon and then we will open them.
    I sure hope it comes on Monday Gladie, we don't have weekend postal deliveries. If your patience wears out, go ahead and out it, I won't mind :) :)
    Old 08-26-2011, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Muv
    Hello Bonni, So glad the little quilt has arrived, and it's nice that Turtle9 and I chose different colours - all blue from her and all green from me!

Here are a couple of pictures of the doll quilt. I made it entirely on my 1937 Frister and Rossmann transverse shuttle, which can be seen at http://quiltingboard.com/t-130994-6.htm , and this is what I was making on the Youtube video I made showing the use of the seam guide. So all told, I have had lots of fun with this doll quilt, especially as it is the first one I have ever made! Can't wait to see what I receive from Bonni!
    Oh Muv, I love that you made that charming green quilt on your Frister & Rossmann machine! I used my Featherweight to make my little quilt this month, at least about 85% of the quilt, anyway. It was fun doing it. And the colors in that little quilt are wonderful...I do love green!
    Old 08-26-2011, 02:12 PM

I can't thank all of you enough for all the encouragement on this board. I still make a lot of wonky stuff, but I learn something new from each attempt I make - for instance my DQ just didn't want to square up perfectly so one corner is wonky. Hopefully, it isn't too noticeable and my partner won't mind. It's in the mail to jljack so we'll know soon enough :)

I have to say - I am looking forward to the next round so I can try some of those teeny tiny blocks I've seen posted here! Just amazing. What a great group of quilters!

Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin
    Originally Posted by oksewglad
    Originally Posted by AmyBaby
    Gosh everyone's quilts are so amazing. I sure hope my partner likes the one I sent, it's kind of plain in comparison. But now I have a lot of ideas for next time!
    AmyBaby--Never second guess yourself--what you make in the moment is who you are at that moment. Yes it's okay to step out of your sewing box, but at the same time I think it's important to remain true to your quilting self. But then I have had several years (ha ha) to develop my quilting self! Your next quilt will be who you are at that time.
    oksewglad, so very well put ..... I enjoy this swap so much because there are such wonderful and encouraging people here
    thanks for being so good for each and everyone of us Doll Quilt Swap ..... this seems to be a family of quilters nurturing and teaching and learning from each other ..... and shoot its so much fun too!!!!!! CrazyQuiltinRobin