Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm >
  • August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm

• August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm

Old 08-20-2013, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by SewsonSaturday
    Sorry secret pal!!!!!! I ended up in the hospital. I was bitten by a spider then had a reaction to the meds they were giving me. My pals package is all put together ready to go but I'm on strickt bed rest for the next 2 weeks. My boyfriend is going to mail my package on wensday morning. Ive given him instructions to eithor express mail or over night it. So hopefully he listens and you'll get it with in the week.
    I hope you are feeling better!
    Old 08-20-2013, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat
    I found a tape measure at Big Lots for $3.99 a couple of months ago. I think it is only 12', but would make several of the bags you are discussing. Also, if you have a Harbour Freight nearby, they sometimes have them for as little as $1.99.
    Whoa! I have a Big Lots and a Harbour Freight pretty close. What about you Wonnie? Let me kow if you don't. I'll check them out for us.
    Old 08-20-2013, 08:20 PM

I havent recieved my secret pal package yet...boohooo I guess I am impatient. Its too hot to sit outside waiting for the mailman..so around the time he is supposed to come..I look out the window a million times and every day mailman says..nothing today..maybe tomorrow..
    Old 08-20-2013, 08:30 PM

I'm waiting patiently for my secret pal package. Maybe tomorrow.
    Old 08-20-2013, 10:01 PM

Wow great packages! I love looking at the pictures so I can get an idea of what I can send to my next sp. I need to download the picture and post it of what I got from my sp this month, JuanitaBean. Will try to do it tomorrow.
    Old 08-21-2013, 05:00 AM

My package was mailed a couple of days ago. I have sent to this pal before and it was very quick shipping, so I am hoping that will be the case this time. In my rush to get it in the mail, after "extra tape" due to the distance it has to travel, and printing postage, then one of my drivers agreed to drop it at the PO for me, and after he left, I found the letter I had written to put in the package. CRAP!!! I cannot tell you how many times I have done this!! When you receive, I will PM the note to you. I hope you like what I sent, I could not find the item I wanted to get you. Even looked at the Quilt Festival in Grand Rapids. Went there with 5 friends for 3 days. We had a ball.
    Old 08-21-2013, 06:00 AM

Oh Buslady that sounds like so much fun. I am going to Shipshewana tomorrow with 2 friends for the day. Wish we were staying over but it will be a lot of fun and laughter for sure. I love a "ladies day out"!!! No package here yet..Oh well..fun to wait.
    Old 08-21-2013, 06:34 AM

Fayser and Belfrybat......thanks for info on metal tape measure. Had to do a little research before I responded.
    Our Harbor Freight does have the metal tape measure starting in the $2 -$3 range but only in the 1" size. After rechecking the pattern it calls for 3/4" tape...bummer! Rechecked Home Depot but this time I searched for ,
    "3/4" metal tape measure" and came up with several but more in the price range of yesterday's post. But the pattern looks so easy (famous last words!) that I think it would be a great item for swaps and Christmas presents so it may be worth the price considering I probably have plenty of fabric left in my stash!! What say you?
    Old 08-21-2013, 07:46 AM

I went and checked my tape measures and they are all 1" as well. Amazon has them for $5.-7.00 if you have Prime. If not, this one is free shipping with no extra purchase needed: http://www.amazon.com/Amico-Retracta...ing+tape+3%2F4
    It is metric, but that won't matter for your purposes, and you'd have enough to make five or six purses.
    I'd forgotten E-Bay. Here's one for about 5.00 with postage and it is mailed from the States, not China: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-1...item19d1d196ef
    And this one would be $4.50: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMC-S166CHRO...item5d39d3b21b

Last edited by Belfrybat; 08-21-2013 at 07:55 AM.
    Old 08-21-2013, 08:18 AM
    tmw

you can the tape measures at the dollar stores, cheap. if you don't find the right width, just measure and adjust the slide in hem for it to fit.