Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st >
  • August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

• August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

Old 08-01-2014, 01:46 PM
    Power Poster

Susan, when you learn how to make socks, can you make me a pair please!!??!!

I'm packed and put everything in the box, but forgot the card, so it's on the outside, whomever you are!
    You are south of me. You want my chickie. We've corresponded b4, (that's all of you except maybe one of you)ha ha.
    Never learned how to add, so i won't say your zip code adds up to.....(You may figure it out)
    Oh, and your weather is usually nice this time of year. MMMmmm, what the heck does she mean by 'nice'???
    Just about all of you are south of me, I'm up in NY on the island. Ha!
    go ahead, start guessing, i dare you. but i won't tell.
    Old 08-01-2014, 02:28 PM

I'm like you Susan. My feet are always cold too. Even here in Florida I usually have to put socks on my feet in the house with the a/c going.
    Old 08-01-2014, 03:22 PM

I got my PC Pal and have it ready to go but see she likes something else I like so I might repack her box.... Okay she may know who I am so will say no more...

Lynnie I swathe tute for the chickie at 8 AM this morning, was really surprised and wish it had been before this, but I like mine just as well... I can't make the Pins as I forgot to get hat pins today while Aunt Gail and I were at our BOM at the Quilt shop...Oh found some material for another purse for me, but have a Green Bay Packard's one to make first for $$$$ A pattern for a cool carryall from my Teacher that take 2 yards of material.. Really cool... Can't wait to make that and Sis sent me a pattern and A. Gail brought me one for a Carryall also... So many projects so little time... LOL...
    Old 08-01-2014, 03:23 PM

Karen what do you keep your A/C on we keep ours at 78 and it's just right....
    Old 08-01-2014, 04:22 PM

Ladybug, would you surprised if I told you my a/c is set on 82?
    Old 08-01-2014, 04:29 PM

Karen Yes am abit surprised as we used to keep ours at 80 and you live further south then I do...
    Old 08-01-2014, 04:43 PM
    Power Poster

Karen love your beautiful pins. Sis, glad you got your pattern. You and Auntie Gail finally got out and about huh? I bet you have all your projects done within a week or 2. lol
    Old 08-01-2014, 04:49 PM

It seems like everyone all ready has there items made. My partners will have to be patient,since I haven't even started. Lawsonmugs and Klaws thanks for the replies and pictures. Do you actually use those fancy pins? They are very ornate.
    Pickles look great! YUM! What is the difference in dill pickles vs kosher dill?
    nhnative don't mention clams. Dh and DD got their recreational clam licenses and have been clamming so much, I am sick of clams. I have a big pot waiting to be shelled. Sometime I feel my house is a seafood factory. I do love seafood, but my gout does not.
    Lynnie I got the email about the chicken tute, what a coincidence.
    I recognize some of your names from the other swaps I have done. From different posts, I think there are sisters and an aunt that all do the swap. I just haven't figured out who's who yet.
    Can I do machine Embroidery, or does it have to be hand embroidery?
    Old 08-01-2014, 05:01 PM

You can do any kind of embroidery you want. Don't feel bad, I haven't even started my pc yet either. I'm been so busy with other things. I don't really use the beaded pins. They are just for my enjoyment to look at. I don't know about anyone else.

Ladybug, I keep the a/c on 82 because I live in an older mobile home that has no insulation. If I set it any lower, it would run continuously. In fact, I just had to have the duct replaced under half the mobile because it was really bad and had a hole in it. I just had a $200 electric bill and was wondering why it was so high. The cold air was escaping. That cost me $720 that I wasn't expecting! I should have it all replaced but it would have been $1400. I want to sell this place next year and move to Ohio so I don't want to put a lot of money into it.
    Old 08-01-2014, 06:38 PM
    Power Poster

OMG, we keep it at 72*. and the ceiling fan is on too. when it gets to hot, i get migranes. it gets hot in here about 3 when the sun comes in, the kitty likes it, i don't. when it gets up to 80 it takes all night till 7 to cool down.
    Dwina, to bad the tut was on today, but better late than never. you can always find just about anything on youtube.
    I would love some baked clams with bacon and mozzarella cheese on top. my favorite way, super yummo. getting my Christmas decorations in a row. you all know me, i'm always early. can't help it. I guess it's my Catholic school upbringing. so what's my brothers excuse for always being late????

Saw And so it goes tonight. excellent movies. I think you all will enjoy it. it wasn't a 'genre' movie, it's like somthing you'd see on classic turner. a bit of a chuckle and heartwarming. go see it. *****.