Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st >
  • August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

• August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

Old 08-06-2014, 01:01 PM

I'm almost ready to mail mine. It will probably be Friday or Saturday for sure. Everything is sewn just have to get the goodies ready.

Lynnie you get a lot of ammenities (sp) with your condo. I only had the pool which I never even used it. I used to go up the hill to the other condos with the same owner and would sit out on their lawn chairs. I don't go in the water and haven't since I saw Jaws. Now I'm afraid to put on a bathing suit. TV is all hooked up and old one out on the curb. I hope someone picks it up. He only broke my dolly using it to get the tv to the curb. He said the tv weighed a 100 lbs and he couldn't carry it so we put it on the dolly and it fell off in the driveway and crushed the pipes where the handle goes. I put that out to the curb and someone picked it up already.
    Old 08-06-2014, 02:40 PM

Susan, hope your dad gets better. I haven't started my items yet, but got plans, just hope they turn out or back to the drawing board.
    Old 08-06-2014, 03:09 PM
    Power Poster

pat, I forgot to mention the indoor pool i think and the jacuzzi oh and the gym (fully stocked and with tv's too) to watch as you work out, and the movies too.
    we get alot for our money, but you;d be surprised how many people don't use anything. I'm in the cafe at least once a week, and the card room to play games.
    drinks at the tiki bar just went up. Beer $2, mixed drinks 3-4 frozen are 5 (for a big red solo cup full.) not to pricy. just right i guess. I hear drinks in bars are up to $10. That tells you how long it's been since i was in a bar (mixed drinks 3 and beers were one dollar.) it's been awhile now.
    Old 08-06-2014, 06:50 PM
    Power Poster

The only extra thing I wish I had is someone who would regularly mow my grass. We live in a manufactured home, but we bought it new. It has a fireplace with mantel (a wood burning one), and instead of 3 bedrooms that most had we told them we wanted only two bedrooms so all the other rooms are bigger. We have 2 bathrooms. The master bath is on suite with a big garden tub. We have the wainscoting in the living room. A small back deck that my dad put on when we first got it, and a big covered porch on the front. Gray siding that looks like wood, and shingled roof. We bought some new hardwood to put down in the living room and halls. We have one walk in closet, and another smaller. Carpet in the bedrooms. Carpet is not good with doggies. We pay a mortgage on this and insurance, but we own the land that dad gave us. It's about a half acre. I got a bit carried away, but got all caught up in it when I started reading about the condo's. lol...You folks did good in those Condos with all the extras. We have to pay for most everything. We pay for garbage pickup, and satellite tv. We pay all utilities. I use to mow our grass with my riding lawnmower, but it finally went kaput. Not sure if that is a word. lol..One advantage in the city is everything is close. That is not true where we live. We drive, drive, drive. lol.. I love the country though.

I sewed today while down at dads. He was asleep in his lawn chair when I first went down. I woke him up, and we went into the house. He sleeps a lot now, and a nurse comes out to check on him. He is doing ok for what he is going through. Thanks for the nice thoughts.

I look forward to seeing pictures as they come in. All of you are so talented.

Susan
    Old 08-06-2014, 07:25 PM
    Power Poster

Susan, your house sounds beautiful. we have 2 bedrooms with the master a suite bath. we redid it for me in mind, a high toilet(I don't know how you all sit on those low ones now) and a walk in shower with a tiled seat and river rock floor and on the seat too. granite tops. the half bath (Larry's, is wainscotted and a nice pedastal sink and high toilet too. we redid the kitchen and iwill eventually redo the dining area. the second room is my sewing room, and as we all know, is nevver big enough. we have a long living room, with a 55" tv. we put on a deck outside, and the guy measured wrong so we got an extra 80 sq. ft of it. we have a white vinyl fence and nicely landscaped. across from me looks like a mih=mosh. they started to cut thing down, and stopped in the middle. So now, hopefully next spring, i'll re do it. they do cut our laws, shovel snow and the parking lots for us. also tree trimming and the like.We do have a front lawn, and a side one, being we're on a corner.
    I love hearing about the places where everyone lives. the cafe and clubhouse are a parking lot away. I live across from a cemetary, we call it condo #3.(there are two boards in our development). I have to drive everywhere too. just gtting out of here is a half mile, and i live 2 lots from the entrance. We live central Long Island 65 min from NYC and Montauk pt. about 15-20 from the north and south shores.

So, if anyone wants to tell us about where you live, i'd love to hear about it.
    Old 08-07-2014, 12:06 AM
    Power Poster

Your Condo sounds very pretty lynnie. It is nice hearing about where everyone lives. My home is not expensive compared to most people's homes, but it is just right for me and my dear husband. My second bedroom Lynnie is now used mostly as my sewing room. We did use it as a second bedroom when Gene's parents were still living. I have still got to paint my front porch.
    Old 08-07-2014, 05:01 AM

Happy Birthday Dwina!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486598[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails birthday1.jpg  
    Old 08-07-2014, 05:57 AM

Hey,Lynnie, I live also in the country, in a private community, over looking the beautiful Tennessee River. Lots of birds,deer and other wildlife. Bald eagles are here in the fall and winter. They fly right over my head when I go out on the deck. They're so close I can see them blink their eyes. They are a beautiful site. I never get tried of watching them. I have large double windows in my sewing room, lots of light, and it overlooks the river. I get to watch all the river traffic, we have lots of tug boats pushing tow up and down the river and occasionally The Mississippi Queen and The Andrew Jackson steam boats. My husband and I used to catfish all the time,but we've gotten too old. I can't get in and out of the boat,due to back problems{ fell and broke my back}. My little town is about 10 minutes away.It sets upon a high bank overlooking the river also. We used to run a quik-mart and a cafe there until we retired. My little town looks like a picture postcard from the past{1800's} lots of old rockwork and wrought iron. One of my friends runs a bed and breakfast from one of the old antebellum homes. We have a lot of people that come here to retire. They see the place and fall in love. I'm president of our FCE Club and volunteer at the senior center, and do any kind of crafting that can be thought of! My hands are always doing something. Last but not least, I have 22 grandchildren and 6 greats, happy, happy.
    Old 08-07-2014, 07:10 AM
    Power Poster

mawluv, you house and town sound beautiful. must be nice being near the river.( Our town is like Mayberry. there's over 3,000 in our community, but most of the people keep to themselves and don't do anything. But go to the food store or anyplace else and you'll see alot of people you know. My husband calls it Mayberrry here.)
    How wide is the river by you? And wow, alot of grands you have.
    Happy Birthday Dwina.
    Old 08-07-2014, 07:45 AM

Yes,it is beautiful here. The river is probably 500+ feet wide, with a bank on my side and a large island and sandy beach on the other side. The island/beach is where all the party/camping people hang out. We have a nice new marina about 1 mile up river. It was always my hubby's dream to live on the river. None of my children live here and not any of them or the grands are the least bit interested in the river. Isn't it crazy the way life is sometimes!!