Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st >
  • August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

• August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

Old 08-08-2014, 04:41 PM

I'm the lucky one to get the funky chicken!!! My sewing area is in the basement, I set him in the base of my ott lite. I also got 2 pkgs of tea mix, strawberry candy, chicken fabric and little chicken ornament. Thank you so much Peg - PeginCo. Oh, he looks like a rooster, so I named him Henry. Guess he will need a girl friend named Henrietta! Lol:-)
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Old 08-08-2014, 06:52 PM
    Power Poster

love that chickes feets!!!! so fluffy and stuffy. Great theme this month. love the chickie fabrics.

I Love tomato soup, ketchup and tomato sauce. hate maters. they are the caviar of the veggie world. slimy and icky. I grow them and give 'em away. the apples look great and yummy.

Mary, i love that little chickie too. he's so cute

Rosemary, I love your triangle chickie that you have on the shelf too. Pretty embroidery.

Can't wait to see what the po bring tomorrow. to everyone. everyone have a great night.
    Old 08-08-2014, 08:08 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by klaws
    DRUM ROLL PLEASE............TADA!!! I got my pc from Mary today and words cannot describe it. It is the most adorable chicken that I've ever seen. She outdid herself on this one. She also included a chocolate cupcake candle (it really smells like chocolate), a heart bookmark, some mentos, a little chicken magnet and a handmade card. Thank you so much Mary. You are the best!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486768[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]486769[/ATTACH]
    Wow!!! That is one cute chicken. So cute, and stylish. Other nice goodies too. A very nice package. No wonder you are so happy.
    Old 08-08-2014, 08:13 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938
    Guess who got Lynnie's Chicken, it is adorable to say the least and oh so soft. Just love I... Love the Pins, put them around her head to look like a crown, she also sent a yellow and white dishcloth and one of her famous magnets and a great surprise, wish she would have sent more... Salted Almond White Chocolate Bark... had to get it in the fridge
    right away so it didn't make it in the picture Isn't she beautiful?????
    Ladybug that is a very cute chickie that you got from Lynnie. Those pins do shape on his head like a little crown. Pretty magnet too.
    Old 08-08-2014, 08:21 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
    I'm the lucky one to get the funky chicken!!! My sewing area is in the basement, I set him in the base of my ott lite. I also got 2 pkgs of tea mix, strawberry candy, chicken fabric and little chicken ornament. Thank you so much Peg - PeginCo. Oh, he looks like a rooster, so I named him Henry. Guess he will need a girl friend named Henrietta! Lol:-)
    He is a cute funky chicken. Henry is a good name. Nice goodies too. Your chicken has the cute big feet. Sweet.
    Old 08-08-2014, 08:25 PM
    Power Poster

I love mater sandwiches. The acid in the maters aren't the best on my stomach so I have to limit them, but they sure are good. I also like a sweet onion sandwich. My brother use to get up at night before he was married, and fix him an onion sandwich, but used those strong onions and mustard. His bedroom was up stairs over mom and dad's bedroom. Mom said she couldn't sleep for smelling those onions all night. lol...
    Old 08-09-2014, 05:18 AM

I just love all of the adorable chickens. I have one problem, I am not that creative. It is amazing how you can make all of these different chickens. I am a pattern type person, I see a pattern and make it, I have absoultly no talent for being creative. I am an experienced sewer, but not sure you will want me in your group.
    Old 08-09-2014, 06:34 AM

Please don't think that!!! I am not a very creative person either. I have to use a pattern when I make something. The pc I made this month is not a chicken but made with chicken fabric. We just want everyone to have fun no matter what. I'm like you. I've been sewing for 40 years but just started quilting a year ago.
    Old 08-09-2014, 06:43 AM

Dwina, stay!! Some of my pin cushions have been simple, and the ones that are more complex usually have tons of mistakes! In fact, looking at he picture you posted, I could see some and cringed. Truthfully, some of the simple ones are my go-to ones to use, so we need all kinds, don't we? I think we all agree that it is the heart put into these gifts that matters. So just enjoy the process - that's the important thing. Have fun, and don't worry one bit.

Fun, fun packages coming in.
    Old 08-09-2014, 07:46 AM
    Power Poster

my simple ones i use, the more complicated ones go on display.
    that being said, i got a pkg from NanaKathy today.
    first off, there were (notice past tense) chocolate truffles, then chocolate covered candy sticks.
    some fancy pins, and the most elegant chicken with fancy tail feather a beautiful comb and
    head feathers sitting on top of a old wooden spool wrapped in fabric. she sits there very
    elegantly. hr body is made of white cherry fabric, and the top of the spool has a cute little bow and a star button.
    Alot of attention was paid to detail on this pincucshion. very elegantly made. It looks like something you'd
    see in a nice quilting store. A bit Americana in a way. The pins are pearl topped with red and white and blue and white pins.
    thank you so much for a great swap chicken. I know i got the best one of the group!!!!
    Maybe Nana can post a picture later. Thanks again.
    Looking forward to seeing the rest of the chickens.