Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st >
  • August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

• August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

Old 08-02-2014, 05:21 PM
    Power Poster

Pat beautiful deer pictures. I watch deer all the time here. Usually see several pass by in the woods and our pasture while we eat supper. Red love the crazy socks. I am known for wearing wild crazy socks. Dwina I use Alleen's tacky glue for my pins. I think Lynnie said before that she uses super glue. I tried the gel super glue and it got to glumpy before I could use it, as I go so slow. I put a small spot of tacky glue on a piece of cardstock the dip a large darning needle in it and smear it up and down the pin about 1" long smear. then slide the beads into it.It makes the glue get in between the beads pretty good. I guess if you glue the last bead well the others will stay in place. Good luck and post pictures when you make some for all of us to see.
    Old 08-02-2014, 06:21 PM
    Power Poster

Pat those are the cutest deer. Momma and her babies are just too cute. I love wild animals, and all animals. Wait! I don 't like snakes, which are reptiles, but I do like turtles. lol...

Claire's pincushion is so cute, and she is a pretty young lady. Hope you get a sewing machine soon Claire.

TOOMANYUFO's you are a good momma.

RedGarnet those socks look so pretty, soft, comfy, and warm.

Hi Mary!
    Old 08-02-2014, 06:41 PM
    Power Poster

Pat, adorable deer. thanks for the nice picture. The cemetary across the street had a white one last year.
    who asked about the pins, I forgot now. Dwina I think, I use super glue.
    i put all my beads on and glue inbetween them and on the last one.
    Those polar fleece look like warm slippers, Red, But, I will admit, i do want hand knitted ones.
    So now I won't get to mail my pc out till Monday am. sorry swap partner.

Went to a local minor league ball game. Ate a bunch of crap. Deep fried oreos. 4 for $6.50
    small icecream $3.50. Larry had a hotdog $4. We each had 2 diet sodas $4/each. water $4 also, two pretzels $5/each.\
    add it all up. 2 bellyaches. we haven't gone in 3 yrs due to my back, so now we made up for it.oh year, pulled pork sandwiches $8.50. Oh, but that came with free kettle chips. back to mortgaging the house to pay for next year's game!!!
    Old 08-02-2014, 07:08 PM
    Power Poster

was at walmart today. they have a cute little machine that does basic sewing, for Claire, for $59. she can even save up herself for that price. did your basic sewing stuff for cloths and lightwt. for travel too, (to grandma's house).
    Old 08-02-2014, 07:19 PM
    Power Poster

for those of you who love wild life....we've been feeding a cat here in the condo.
    he left us a dead mole,but i didn't think you'd want to see him. his legs
    were up in the air. Nice gift, ginger kitty.
    Old 08-03-2014, 07:50 AM
    Power Poster

Hi Susan. Lynnie sounds like you had a tasty time at the ball game. It's a quiet sunday here at the farm. Maybe I'll do a little sewing later. I did get my swap packaged up and hope to mail it tomorrow. I didn't sign up for a needlebook this month so maybe I'll make one for next month. I really need to go and do a little straightening up in my sewing room. I need to reorganize a few things. I need to be in the mood for that or I just end up making a bigger mess. Everyone enjoy the day. Mary
    Old 08-03-2014, 08:02 AM
    Power Poster

Mary, want to come here and help me? My kitty makes a big mess of fabric everytime i get it into piles, she loves sleeping on a pile of it.
    Nothing happening here on this hazy, foggy, humid day. maybe a trip to Joanns will help.
    Old 08-03-2014, 09:34 AM

I've been busy here today. Got some groceries. Put some Christmas fabric in the wash to get read for my holiday block swap. Trying to decide what blocks I want to make. I still have to start on my pincushion. Also have several things I need to get ready to mail. I'll be going to the post office on Tuesday so I'll be mailing my pc then.

Lynnie, I think it's time for another Zoey story. How about it?
    Old 08-03-2014, 01:04 PM
    Power Poster

You asked for it......
    So Zoey's birthday was June 27 and her and Choda had a fun filled time.

Zoey heard the thwup, thwup, thwup of the blades cutting thru the air as Choda landed his helicopter on Zoey's front deck. Zoey ran to the door with great excitement, knowing Choda had a great day planned for them. She turned and got one last treat before leaving for the day.(wouldn't you too if you were a kitty, treats are like chocolate covered money to her). Choda was a real gentleman and got out and helped her up into the copter. It was a nice warm day, so they felw with the doors open, and seatbelted in. She didn't know where they were going, but was happy to be with him. Choda told her his plans for the day, but first there was shopping to be done. Choda landed his copter once again in the parking lot of "Puss In Boots" the 'western clothing store for the wild side of kitties". Choda and Zoey jumped out and ran for the doors. Zoey always wanted cowboy boots, but mom and dad said no. Choda could never say "NO" to her!. they found just what Zoey needed, a pair of pink and white cowboy boots, with rhinestones on the heels. They fit perfectly." Now just for a hat" is what Zoey asked for, and to her surprise, Choda had one specially made for her, with ear holes and white rhinestones around the brim to look like a tiara. they had everything bundled up and bagged and thew the bags in the back of the copter. Again they were airborn, and Zoey kept jumping up and down in her seat, wild with excitement. They flew for a few minutes and came to a big clearing in a field. Choda came around and helped Zoey on with her boots, and her hat. "How do i look" asked Zoey. Regally royal, Choda answered. they ran to where the stables were and selected their horses. Zoey spotted a beautiful miniature white horse, she knew was just for her. Choda helped Zoey up onto her horse, he got on his, and away they rode. They went down trail, and over down by a river. They followed the river over to a large patch of catnip. Choda said,'Not yet Zoey, first we need lunch". Zoey had a look of amazement as she watched Choda grab some fish for her from the river. Zoey decided to try for herself. Oh what fun!
    She saw all she needed to do was whip our her claws and swip in the water and she had a fish. They dined on shusi for lunch. This was the most fun Zoey ever had getting food, besides conning mom and dad into something great. Swipe and a tiny fish, swipe again, some more. Nothing ever tasted better to Zoey than fresh caught fish. When they were done with lunch, bellies full of fresh caught fishes, Choda said, "Let's take a nap in the cat nip field". Oh, fresh catnip, nothing smelled better than fresh crushed rolled around in catnip. They dreamed of fresh cat nip, catching mice and sushi fishing. when they awoke, the sun was setting, and Choda said,"Zoey, we need to get back with the horses". Choda took a picture of Zoey on her white miniature pony so she could have the memory to last forever. They rode back to the dude ranch and got in the helicopter and rode home. Zoey was so happy that handsome Choda was such a great boyfriend and planned a great day for her birthday.

Hoped you liked hearing about Zoey's last adventure. Let me know
    Old 08-03-2014, 01:18 PM

Lynnie, you just HAVE to write a book about Zoey's adventures! I love it!!!