Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st >
  • August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

• August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

Old 08-13-2014, 08:27 AM
    Power Poster

Rosemary, love your emb block of the month. looks like it was fun too.
    Also want to see your BOM>
    NanaKathy, what a nice pkg you got fro Claire. looks like she had fun with the chickie too.
    so bright and cheerful.
    When i was her age, i wish there was a QB for me to join. I was the weird one beading and sewing when everyone else was playing ball games. How i hated playing ball games. Sewing was so much more fun. Had no one to give my treasures too but my grandma, how lucky we all are to have this board to share our goodies with!

Super Rainey here today. over 12" of rain at the local airport. DH stayed home today, hard getting anyplace today.
    Old 08-13-2014, 09:07 AM
    Power Poster

Dwina what a cute needlebook and pin cushion. I can't figure out what the white with black dots is? I know it's a chicken,but being upside down I can't tell if it is a mini pin cush or what. It is a cute chick though. Kathy your chick is so cute what a sweet face it has. Love the recipe box too.Sis your quilt is great. Love the embroidery with the applique. Colors are really pretty. Lynnie, my first job was working at a wrecking yard in San Francisco when I was 16. My last job was working in a glue factory in Missouri. I've also, bartended,waitressed,stuffed and soldered pc boards worked as a motel maid and lots of other jobs.I never knew how anyone stayed at one job most of their working life. Nice swaps coming in.
    Old 08-13-2014, 09:37 AM

Wow, that's a lot of work. It's beautiful!!!
    Old 08-13-2014, 01:05 PM
    Power Poster

Mary, my dh has been at the same job since graduating college about 28 yrs ago. I like variety. Never bar tended, but went to school for it. I've worked fast food, pc board, secretary stuff,(YUCK), but mostly jewelry and caskets. that was my 40 hr a week job, but did the census, art stuff,sales of all kinds, cars to windows,acct rec. (was supposed to be cust serv, I'm dyslexic),hardwood flooring ect. I get bored quickly. work on a few different type of projects at a time too. that's cos I'm ADHD too. It's a blessing and a hindrance at the same time. Now I'm disabled,i miss jewelry and caskets, bet jobs I've ever had.
    Old 08-13-2014, 01:16 PM

NanaKathy/Claire what a sweet chicken pincushion. That was a great idea to put them in a chicken recipe box. Great swap.
    Ladybug you sure put a lot of work in your BOM quilt. You did such a good job on the embroidery.
    Lynnie did you get flooded. I saw pics of Long Island today and it looked like here in May. I had a big storm yesterday that I was driving through with lightning and thunder all around me. I was really afraid that a tree would come down in front of me. And to get home I had to go through the National Park and that was worse. A limb did fall down but it was on the other side of the street. Today it's nice and cool. I just love this summer.
    My first job was at 14 when I was picking green beans on a produce farm. My last job was head of the quality control dept of a shoe distribution center. I got lots of free shoes there. In between it's been mostly stitching jobs and then the casket one. Love all the chickens
    Old 08-13-2014, 03:59 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by NanaKathy55
    Received my Chick package from Claire yesterday and wanted to say a big THANKS for it..I received the sweetest chick, some fat quarters in my favorite colors, strawberry candy and mini cloths roller and some tea and it all came in a roaster recipe box..and the nicest card.......Thanks You Claire
    That is a very nice chickie, and package from Claire. I love that idea of the recipe box. Claire does nice stitching.
    Old 08-13-2014, 04:02 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
    I received a chicken pkg today. Just got it before the post office closed. I had a great day with a friend. She took me out for lunch and then we went to a quilt shop.

Nh native had my name for the needle book swap. Well she gave me so much! She gave me a chicken shaped needle book that was just adorable. It has a sewn in tape measure. Of course, plenty of room for needles and a pocket in the back trimmed with rick rack. She also sent a matching hen pincushion, which was just so cute. I also got some fancy beaded pins, a rubber Tyson chicken, a small yellow chicken that will be put in my easter decorations, and a notebook and card. I also got a beautiful hummingbird candle holder. Thank you so very much for all the nice gifts.
    I love the needle book, and pincushion set. Very nice package. Pretty pins, and lots of nice goodies.
    Old 08-13-2014, 04:03 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938
    I just finished the BOM was going to put a 3.5 inch green border but decided that was to much so will use the green to bind it... It came out better then I thought it would... Here it is
    That is such a pretty BOM Ladybug. You must feel so proud. Great Job!
    Old 08-13-2014, 05:13 PM
    Power Poster

Pat, we're lucky, our house is about 4-5 feet above the parking lot.
    it's hell on my back though. Our lot is about 4 feet above the road. so we lucked out.
    some plants fell and some branches. Larry couldn't go to work due to the roads going thre were flooded.
    Lucky him, he got to stay home. Just came down torrentially for about 45 minutes a while ago. now the
    crickets are out.
    tomorrow....more chickens!!
    Old 08-13-2014, 05:46 PM

The Bom is very nice, what a lot of work. The chicken with black dots is rubber, she's a Tyson chicken. We are having the storm now. Speaking of chickens, I saved a rooster tonight. DD took me over to the next town to get pizza. On our way home there was a rooster in the middle of the road. Well he didn't seem mean, but I didn't dare pick him up. I couldn't tell if he had spurs because he had feathers on his feet. I made him go into the nearest driveway. Then found his owners. Love seeing the chick pics.