Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August FQ swap! Fall/Halloween or dots/stripes and checks! >
  • August FQ swap! Fall/Halloween or dots/stripes and checks!

• August FQ swap! Fall/Halloween or dots/stripes and checks!

Old 08-12-2014, 03:30 PM

Love your fabrics you lucky duck! The hexi's are so cool!
    Teresa
    Old 08-12-2014, 06:13 PM

Nice fabrics, Jane! Love that blk/wht hexi...
    Old 08-12-2014, 06:42 PM

Nice black and whites! Got home from the wedding frenzy and it was very nice but now trying to play catch up on laundry, done yesterday, garden....still doing it and finally got over it and sold a bunch today which will be picked up tomorrow...maybe some breathing room for a tad. Next month I need to swap and get new and re-cycled. Nice fabrics everyone, love seeing them.
    Old 08-13-2014, 04:25 AM

oK here I am again "slapping hands" as one might put it. Let me make this extremely clear. THIS IS A FAT QUARTER SWAP. IF YOU ARE SWAPPING YOU WILL SEND ONLY FAT QUARTERS unless you chose to send a larger piece as a bonus after you have completed the five fat quarter requirement and only if you have completed the five fat quarter requirement. PLEASE STICK TO THIS RULE. People are expecting the excitement of five fat quarters something new for their stash NOT a bunch of little pieces NOR one big piece and then some extras tossed in. It makes for very unhappy player and you will have to be banned. this is your last warning. I am trying so hard to be nice but its a rule and I can't change that I work hard to make sure this forum has been approved by the people kind enough to run this forum. If you cant stick to the rules and enough complaints come in this swap will be banned. I would beg you to follow the darned rules. Its not a big thing to ask. thanks for hearing me. I do appreciate it. sigh I don't like writing these things and sure don't like receiving the emails that come with them. If you read the rules before you sign up and send what is required there would be no need for this notification again. Come on, its not that hard!
    Old 08-13-2014, 02:36 PM

Oh Brat,
    I'm sorry this keeps happening..and I'm irritated that this swap could be cancelled.. I love this swap, it's a great way to get a variety of fabrics from all over..and meet new "quilty friends". So I hope the rules get followed exactly from now on.
    A fat quarter is 18"x 22". I've bought some pre cut that are 17" x 21", and I know that's close enough. But as Brat says, it's super easy to send the right size. If in doubt, don't mail it. Mail what you would be happy to get back.

If there's enough interest from those who enjoy it, someone can start a scrap swap, but please let's all keep this fq swap going.

And I try to put myself in Brat's place..really all of our hostesses. They volunteer their time running swaps..then when rules aren't followed they "get" to listen to unhappy people and try to smooth things over, which is not fair. Especially when it happens over and over.

Thank you to all of our hostesses for EVERYthing you all do for us!

Kif
    Old 08-13-2014, 05:02 PM

When I cut my own FQ's I cut 1/2 yard and then cut the fold. That's how I've seen QSs do it. I hope that's right and all y'all have received the proper size from me.

MISS Brat..... Don't stress over this. Stick with your guns and make us all toe the line. <3you!!
    Old 08-14-2014, 01:35 AM

That's what I do, too, Sheri. I usually cut a tad more than half a yard, press that if it's "catywompous" like some are from being on the bolt, making sure the halves are even, then I cut the fold...

Yes, I admit it, and those of you who've received my fabrics know I press them. Which I know is ridiculous, as they certainly get wrinkled about in transit. But I can't hardly help myself. I think to self, "Self, those fabrics aren't wrinkled, they're fresh off the bolt, and you store them on bolts or carefully folded."
    But then my other self, self2, says, "Self2, these fabrics aren't nice and flat, come on, you know you can't stand it..geeeet the iiiirrrrooonnn, preeeessss theeee faaabriiiics." Self2 is a taskmaster I tell ya!

On my "extras" I send, they can be charms, or extra fqs, but I make sure and send at least 5 of the fqs. Or "Self2 does...nicely pressed...".

K
    Old 08-14-2014, 01:05 PM

Received 7 awesome fqs from jclinganrey. I was able to post a pic from my Kindle the other day but can't get it to work now. I will post a pic as soon as I can.
    Thanks, love them all, Jane!
    K
    Old 08-14-2014, 01:43 PM

That is great info Sheri-I will do it that way next one!!! Hope You can post a pic of the polka dots you sent to me!! I have GOT to learn how to to do that! They were a wonderful combo of colors & right up my alley!My fav was the blue with gold,orange,yellow & green dots! I didn't even know they made white on white dots so I did the happy dance & headed straight to my fat quarter quilts book to get busy! Thanks Sheri! You have Good Taste in fabrics! BTW do you sign up each month for that months swap or are you in unless you opt out?
    Old 08-14-2014, 08:26 PM

Hi Hairquilt,
    We sign up each month, the hostess starts a new thread each time, so next one will be September Fat Quarter Swap. Each month is a different theme as well.
    Regards,
    K