August Mini Quilt swap

Old 08-12-2015, 07:01 PM

I burned mu hand last week and wrapped it in a cold pack from the freezer. Then I thought it would be great to have that stuff made into gloves. I looked online . All the burn gloves were heavy duty. I was looking for something for kitchen accidents. Yes, I do grab hot pans when I am in a hurry! IF I had a skazillion $$ I'd o into business!! Now, someone will tell me where to buy them at Walmarts!!!
Old 08-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Power Poster

Here's what was in my mailbox when I got home from work tonight. A lovely mini quilt from Dotty, and the most adorable Scotty Dog pincushion. I just love that PC! Scotties are one of my favorite dog breeds. We had scotties when I was a kid, and I had a pair of my own as an adult.

The quilt will be cute in my kitchen. Thank you so much, Dotty!
Attached Thumbnails dsc01975.jpg   dsc01976.jpg  
Old 08-13-2015, 02:44 PM

OH what a nice mini quilt and scotty
Old 08-13-2015, 04:25 PM

Greetings!
Sorry everyone, we've been pleasantly busy here. Even had the gorgeous, busy, busy 22 month old gs overnight last night. It included a 3:00 overhaul, too. I spare the 'messy' details, and let you just imagine. Fun to the max when he's around. He loves to sew, only now, he wants to sit solo and sew. A bit too young for the machine I picked up and converted to a hand crank, and according to him, a bit too old to need Mi's lap. All in fun.

I have had the main element for klaw's mini cut out for days. I'm not an artist so the next portion is kinda fun trying to get it to recognizable for what it is. Hoping to spend tomorrow working it out.

letsquilt- I love the black and white from FabQuilter.

jclinganrey-The calico cat exemplifies sweetness. Nice work.

JuneBillie- That patriotic mug rug with the firecracker is awesome. And metallic thread, too? Right up your alley. (Remember our conversation about metallic thread, you the teacher, I the student?) And a boat load of extras.

Jaba to QuilterMomma- What a cute, happy puppy. Reminds me perfectly of QM's FB avatar.

KLTQuilts -I love the watering can. Can't wait to for the reveal.

And from BeckyW, I love the idea of four patch and prairie points together. Great thinking!

Klaws-Oh no! Take your time and heal my friend. No matter that it the deadline comes and goes. You allow yourself to heal completely and do not even think of working that hand for me. I'm serious. Speedy recovery, my quilting friend. (((Hugs)))

FabQuilter-I'm intrigued!

sewbizgirl-Awesome veggie mini, but the Scottie dog is priceless!

Best,
deb in Maine
Old 08-13-2015, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
Sure, I was sewing away this am and thought I was making such progress, then bam I noticed that I didn't put a sashing row in. Yep rip time. Hoping to finish it tonight and get in the mail by end of week. Oh boy, it is looking good.
You just forgot to drink your coffee first, it's a wake up thing you know
Old 08-13-2015, 05:40 PM

klaws hope your hand heals quickly, ouch!! Have had company since last Sunday and they left today. Now I have time to be on the internet
Old 08-13-2015, 08:35 PM

Klaws
I wish you a speedy recovery
Take good care
(Hugs)
Old 08-13-2015, 08:43 PM
Power Poster

Hello Everyone! Thought I would pop in to say hello to all my friends, and leave a few comments too.

QuilterMomma, that is the sweetest little puppy mini quilt you received from Jaba. I have 4 doggies, but they aren't puppies anymore so I can really appreciate seeing that puppy.

KLTQuilts, that is a pretty sneak peek for Becky. It has my imagination going, and it tells me it is going to be even prettier than what I already see.

Also, that is a great mini quilt you received from Becky. The added goodies are very pretty too. You are all set. Becky, I love the prairie points you added to the mini.

FabQuilter, that is a cute sneak peek.

Klaws- You better take care of that burned hand. Be careful for any infection!

Sewbizgirl- That is a very nice mini from Dotty. It makes me hungry! It will go very nice in your kitchen. Oh, and that little Scottie Dog pincushion is a real cutie.

Whigrose thanks for your comments on the mini from Marilyn, and yes I remember about the metallic thread.

Hi Tlambing!
Old 08-14-2015, 04:01 AM

Klaws hope your hand is feeling better. Went to the county fair yesterday. The quilts where fun to look at. I watched the judging and I thought she judged very fair.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:22 AM

I received my Mini and a doggy pin cushion from Dotty! Aren't they adorable!!!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]527736[/ATTACH]

and Yes Dotty, he does look like "Clifford"
Attached Thumbnails img_1387.jpg   img_1387.jpg