Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Postcard Swap, Come join the fun! >
  • August Postcard Swap, Come join the fun!

• August Postcard Swap, Come join the fun!

Old 08-17-2015, 03:49 PM

Pam P -- I didn't even realize the sun was missing a couple of rays! Duh! So observant! But I love that sassy penguin! I don't know why I didn't think of a pengiuin -- I love seeing them at the zoo & the aquariums! And the lorikeets -- our zoo here in CT had a traveling exhibit of them & those little guys would just park themselves on your shoulder (if you were lucky). I would've loved seeing Woody Woodpecker -- we have a downy woodpecker in our backyard. Oh, well ....
    Old 08-17-2015, 03:54 PM

Deb -- your postcard from JuneBillie is lovely! The pine needles in her postcard remind me of a medallion quilt I made some years ago. The center has pinecones with pine needles, & the pine needles JuneBillie made remind me of that quilt. The block is from a book on appliqued state flowers &, of course, it's Maine's state flower. When I saw it, I knew I had to make that block my center, as I love Maine! Now I can't wait to see what you made JuneBillie!
    Old 08-17-2015, 04:35 PM

Thanks CTyankee, I didn't know those birds were call lorikeets haha. I found them on a google clip art search and thought they would make a great card and I had the perfect fabric to use. This is so much fun : )
    Old 08-17-2015, 04:44 PM

Hi all,
    I have heard from JuneBillie and she says she wants to see the postcard I made for her.

I am in hopes of making her a replacement card tomorrow. It was my plan to do so last night while hubby was out fishing with a friend for a few hours but dd called and said she and the gs were in town at the market and would I like them to stop in. Yes, please! And today we had him for the entire day so Poppa and I are settling down for supper and some quiet time-alone together. What an oxymoron, eh?

This is my spin on our State bird, the chickadee, and in the corner is our state flower, the pine cone and tassel.

So without further ado...

Best,
    deb in Maine
    Attached Thumbnails 2015-junebillieiii-cropped.jpg  

Last edited by Whigrose; 08-17-2015 at 04:47 PM.
    Old 08-17-2015, 05:00 PM

Very pretty, Whigrose! We have chickadees at our feeders, too!
    Old 08-17-2015, 05:08 PM
    Power Poster

Whigrose (Deb) I love what you did on that beautiful card. I also had thought about doing a state bird. lol... The chickadee is so cute. I like those pretty colors in the birds feathers. Such pretty edging too. You did a great job! You are a natural. Thank you so much!

I sent my card to Deb Au'Naturel lol...as in no cover, and it looks like there could be a couple of rub type ink mail stains on the left side unless it is a shadow, so I might just start another one for her too.

When I first began this swap I thought it was so neat that someone could make their own artsy post card with fabric, and it go through the mail stamped and all just like regular post cards. So, you could say that I had it etched in my mind that I would do that. Then when I seen all the other beautiful creations, and some of them were sent with covers to protect them I should learn that at least sometimes they might need a cover. I knew that the embroidery should go through with no problem, but forgot about the total white background. Oops!
    Old 08-17-2015, 05:13 PM

Love the chickadees!
    Old 08-17-2015, 05:17 PM

Deb, I just love the card you made JuneBillie also. T'Ball, hmm, me thinks the lady doth' protest too much. This is a great postcard. Is it your first? Because if it is, you did a great job. I love the differences and similarities in yours and JuneBillie's cards. It's like you were both on the same wave length.

JuneBillie, some really like the character of the cards when they go through the mail the regular way. I usually put mine in a sleeve or an envelope because I usually have poufy embellishment's on them. I usually sew them down pretty well, if they were ripped off, you would be getting a card that was trashed at your door step. You should send them however moves you to send them personally.
    Old 08-17-2015, 05:56 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Judith1005
    I have received my postcards from both of my partners today. What a sweet surprise in my mailbox. I received 2 postcards from my partner, Pam P. They are both awesome. So colorful and so me! "Surf's up Dude!"

And the 2nd one. I just love the colors of these love birds.

And this is the wonderful postcard I received from petthefabric. She wrote a little play on words on the back. Very clever and very cute. I was just thinking that no one had done a chicken yet. And this "chick" arrived in my mailbox. lol

And, if that isn't enough inspiration, I made one more "Bird" card, as Dorothy would say, feathers and beaks. I made this card for a cyber friend. Hope it brings her a smile.

Chubby Chicks Rule! She's got style and attitude. Maybe not as much as petthefabrics tho. lol
    Judith what beautiful cards you received from Pam P and Petthefabric. Also, the one you made too Judith. Each card is so vibrant in colors and full of surprise, and giggles.
    Old 08-17-2015, 06:06 PM

Thank you JuneBillie, here's an updated photo of "Sassy Chic". For who this is meant for, she needed some bling. So, I've associated her with the song phrase, "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend". And I used some of my coveted Austrian Crystals. I used to use the crystals on my daughters baton costumes.