Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >
  • August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

• August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 07-29-2012, 12:16 PM

Beautiful quilts toomanyufo's congrats on winning a ribbon.
    Old 07-29-2012, 02:15 PM

Hey Everyone! I'm in again for this month, can't wait! Sending my pm now! Thanks Lori for all you do to make this special and fun for all of us!
    Off Topic Alert: Been in the Smokies all week with my parents, 5 of my 6 Grandkids and my neice and her daughter (6) and my 16 yr old nephew. So tired my GK are age 4 to 10 (the oldest) and let me tell you I am worn out! LOL! My parents wanted to take their Great Grandkids and no parents, just the kids. They had a blast, we were so busy! Told my parents next time their parents (my kids) need to go to help out! We were in the car 13 hours yesterday, my dad and I drove the whole time so I was exhaused and of course so was he! We made a detour to Valdosta, Ga to drop of 2 of my GK that have been with my DH and I all summer. Next week plan on being selfish and doing what I want hope to get a lot done in the sewing room! LOL! Everyone have a great day!
    Old 07-29-2012, 03:03 PM

This swap sounds like the bunch is one creative group.. I love just about anything (oh so hard to please I am not). Magazines are a real treat. I pick them up on occassion at the market when I am feeling like not being frugal and they are read, reread, read again.. then picked up one or two more times before I donate them. The library loves them. I can't bring myself to just throw them away. Someone else would surely love them. I would be more than happy to be your partner and you could send THEM ALL. At the same time your home would be that much cleaner,no more magazines laying around.. see I could be doing you a service!! ok its a good idea, share your magazines someone will love them. It is the thought that is supposed to count anyway at least I think so. I am ready to pack my stuff up too but until I know what the likes, dislikes are.. I guess I will sit here.. ready.. My thrill of the day: stopped at our little antique store and there in the corner is a basket. With.. fabric in it. Not vintage just some stuff the owner wanted to get rid of. I picked up one fat quarter, one half yard and a 3 yard piece. $3.00. RUN. Before she changed her mind. Said she has lots more it was her moms she just hadnt pulled it all out yet. Now I will have to go back again and again.
    Old 07-29-2012, 03:18 PM

Like Louise I was getting many magazines, well last year when they came up for renewal I decided to cut back and take only the one I liked the best... Well I then decided that I would not take any and let them all run out.. So that's what I did... Once in awhile will find one at the newsstand at Joann's that I will buy, but has to have something that I will do in it..
    Hand dyes and batiks I love both... greens and reds mostly for a few reasons especially greens as they go with so many things... Now I am collecting FQ's or 5 inch squares of neutral colors, am going to do a Dresden Plate quilt for my Grandson and his Fiance Will start that next year... Need lots of different fabrics...

I did sign up for the SP and Lori does such a great job on keeping evreyone on their toes... Super gal...
    Old 07-29-2012, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by sweetwaterquilter
    Hey, fayzer, where did you get my picture? I thought I burned all the negatives and prints. Gotta tell you that was really a fun night though.
    Sweetwaterquilter, don't you know that when you post something on the internet it NEVER goes away. :P

Beautiful quilts toomanyufos!

Darlene, do you never stop? You must be worn out!

Last edited by fayzer; 07-29-2012 at 05:39 PM.
    Old 07-29-2012, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer
    Sweetwaterquilter, don't you know that when you post something on the internet it NEVER goes away. :P

Beautiful quilts toomanyufos!

Darlene, do you never stop? You must be worn out!
    Hey Faye, worn out doesn't begin to describe it! LOL! But glad we did it just wish my youngest Gdaughter could have come with us, but she lives in Ohio. Posted on the other thread but congrats on the paintings! Which gallery is it? Would love to come and see your paintings and support you!
    Old 07-29-2012, 06:03 PM

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments. We are happy. All ready planning next years quilt. It will have to be much more detailed I guess. I have a quilt picked out. I have to get written permission from the designer before I can display it in the state show. Copyrights. I believe in giving credit to the designer, but once you buy the pattern you should be able to show what you have made. It only brings more business to them. My quilt was a Pam Bono design, but I added more hearts than the original.
    Old 07-29-2012, 06:10 PM

Louise,
    I would love some magazines too. I don't buy them any more they are so expensive.
    Thank You.

Last edited by grammyj; 07-29-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: add more
    Old 07-29-2012, 09:39 PM

I am back for Aug.

Last edited by maggy; 07-29-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    Old 07-30-2012, 04:53 AM

UFO-The quilts are gorgous. Thanks for sharing