Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >
  • August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

• August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-01-2012, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by stitchingpost
    What are bounce pads ???
    Maybe she meant pounce pad -the chalking thing to ponce on stencils to put the quilting stencil pattern on to quilt.
    Old 08-01-2012, 06:29 AM

Hav, maybe I have the name wrong for that specific item. I have never seen one except on the net but they appear to be sorta like a stamp pad except they use chalk I believe. You use them to stamp over a stencil to put the lines for a quilting motif on your quilt. Like my post said I dont get out much for quilting supplies except via the net so it may be called something else.

And, yes good thing for that neighbor. I knew there had to be an easier way to cut out my pieces back then but had never went looking since I only did maybe one or two things then as a gift. Well, now I can see why I only did that many. LOL If you think that was funny you should have seen the look on my face when I went researching new sewing machines back in January. I was using an old Remington sewing machine that belonged to DH grandmother. To find out that the machines had auto threaders, needle up or down and such. Well lets just say, once my new machine got here I spent an entire afternoon laughing histerically at how trapped in the past I had been. But it was all good. Not many can that at the age of 38 they were brought into a new world. I sure was.LOL
    Old 08-01-2012, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by mdall
    Oh, Krystyna, the man of my dreams. I'm not sure if DH even knows that we have more than one pair of scissors in the house. LOL
    My DH is scissors clueless, all my children however knew that "the orange handled" scissors were for fabric only. My most humor-est moment was one day my onery 10 year old son picked up the fabric scissors and a piece of paper to tease me by indicating he would cut it, when my 16 year old and I both said at the same instant, "don't even think about it" after which she let out a scream and ran up the stairs. I went to see what the problem was with her, to which she said "oh no, I'm becoming you" -which I guess at 16 becoming just like her mom was too scary.
    Old 08-01-2012, 06:54 AM

While cleaning up my post breakfast mess in the kitchen, I was thinkning " Wonder what other items are out there that may bring up to speed on the new ways of quilting?" So, if you like how about sharing with me some of the items that all you couldnt live without or found made things so much easier. I would love to hear about them.
    Old 08-01-2012, 06:58 AM
    Swap Hosts

Mdall, you are such a delight to read. Personally I really miss life in the boonies.
    Old 08-01-2012, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Mdall, you are such a delight to read. Personally I really miss life in the boonies.
    Yes, the boonies have their advantages but I do still miss the beach, the sounds, the smells, and of course lets not forget the oh so toned, tanned, and very interesting bodies of those surfers.LOL
    Old 08-01-2012, 07:09 AM

Michelle~I was at a very small college about an hour away from WVU- (Salem)....small private college, small tiny town....it was quite a change coming out of Philadelphia/New Jersey....met DH there....now as far as quilting...you do know there are lots of quilting rulers, right? haha....one of the ladies on one of the threads here used her dh's level to cut and somebody else was using a regular wooden ruler
    Old 08-01-2012, 07:13 AM

michelle i love sewing on my vintage machines best for piecing quilts. i looked at those spiffy new babylock machines (long time bl user) and thought to myself "yeppers i gotta get me one of those" and then i saw the price. holy gee whiz!!!!! then i sewed on one at my lqs sewing day and know that i will score a newer babylock some day but i will never give up my vintage machines. not a chance.

i have never used a pounce pad so i truly didn't know what you were referring to. i love tailor's chalk, a carry over from my sewing days, so i went to my lqs and bought up a bunch at $.25 each. now i have some frixon pens (due to a generous sp pkg) and will try those. my lqs assured me they will wash out and not show up again unless i live in alaska or the anartic where it gets really cold.

i am not the biggest gadget person so i too will rely on the innovative knowledge of my secret pals to introduce me to other magnificent tools and creations available in the quilting world. and ^5 (high five) to you on stepping into the current world of quilting.

mary
    Old 08-01-2012, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by starshine
    My DH is scissors clueless, all my children however knew that "the orange handled" scissors were for fabric only. My most humor-est moment was one day my onery 10 year old son picked up the fabric scissors and a piece of paper to tease me by indicating he would cut it, when my 16 year old and I both said at the same instant, "don't even think about it" after which she let out a scream and ran up the stairs. I went to see what the problem was with her, to which she said "oh no, I'm becoming you" -which I guess at 16 becoming just like her mom was too scary.
    Did you ever see the pillow that read "Mirror, Mirror on the wall I am my mother after all"?
    Old 08-01-2012, 07:35 AM

Hi, is anyone here found the names for partners for secret pal? I am getting lost here in thread, and also a newbie on this. Thanks for your help.