Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed >
  • August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

• August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

Old 08-03-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by kkbrand
    Just sent you a PM with my information, this sounds like fun, it will be my first time taking part in the secret pal!
    You will LOVE it. It is so much fun getting that package each month. It's great when people post pictures because it gives ideas for future packages.
    Old 08-03-2010, 11:37 AM

Are the pictures of the quilts on each of your messages (as your photo) quilts that each of you have made? If so, you are all pretty amazing.
    Old 08-03-2010, 12:11 PM

The quilt on mine is one that i have started but had to put aside and plan on started it backup one day soon. Its all applique so it slow going, I am not the applique Queen. It was a block of the month at one of the shops I use to go to.
    Old 08-03-2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pinkbutterflyquilter
    The quilt on mine is one that i have started but had to put aside and plan on started it backup one day soon. Its all applique so it slow going, I am not the applique Queen. It was a block of the month at one of the shops I use to go to.
    If you can do that, *I* think you are an applique Queen! It will be beautiful.
    Old 08-03-2010, 12:24 PM

You are my new cheer up coach! Cause you just made me feel ten feet tall!! I have to admit i have been playing around with different types of applique to see which one i like the best. And life has just got in the way other wise! But i have made a pack with myself not to (TRY NOT TO) hehehe buy any more kits or material for a while till i get some done, when i first started i went on a binge! I was a widow and quilting was going to be my new husband and so i bought me a janome 10001 and away i went taking a class here and there. And buy, buy, buy, lord you would think i was rich!!! I have so much my new husband (which i swore i was never getting married again) said i must have bought a whole quilt shop !! LOL LOL little did he know i had move parts when he wasnt looking!!!! What they dont know wont hurt them! Heck he has 4 gun safes full and more than wont fit!! BUt he has been good, he bought me a old feather weight and a custom table to go with it! ANd i didnt ask for the table I was shocked!!! These men can be good when they want to be!!!
    Old 08-03-2010, 12:26 PM

He certainly sounds like a keeper! :) I like to do applique but am a beginner and am looking at different techniques. Like you, it had to be put off for a bit but I am looking to start it up again.
    Old 08-03-2010, 12:41 PM

try this site:erinrussek.typepad.com/one-piece-at-a-time
    she is giving away every month a new block! and she had tutorials on a starch method. Which i am going to try soon!
    She makes it sound so easy! I love her site! She has also entered into the Mcalls quitling contest. I dont know where she is at this point but she post so many great things, you can go back as far as you want and she list lots of great links!
    U can set up on your pc to get a RSS feed everyday so it will download automatically. Enjoy! New buddy of mine!
    Old 08-03-2010, 04:21 PM

Hi Tammie. Bonni is right, you are the applique Queen. Your quilt is absolutely beautiful. I'd love to see close-ups of the individual blocks. I'd love to do an applique quilt that large. I've been doing baby quilts mostly. I started by hand, but moved onto machine. But then again, mine aren't that detailed.

Sounds like you found a wonderful husband 2. We're lucky if we find one, two is a miracle. You must be one sweet lady.
    Old 08-03-2010, 05:45 PM

Tammi, tell the truth...how many safes to you have for your fabric? A girl has to protect her stash.
    Old 08-03-2010, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by lab fairy
    Tammi, tell the truth...how many safes to you have for your fabric? A girl has to protect her stash.
    They are in the hidden compartments with the hubby's guns I bet! (kidding). hehe