Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed >
  • August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

• August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

Old 08-28-2010, 11:59 AM

I sent mine OUT on the 24th maybe it waws the 25th??? And I sent it PRIORITY. My SS SHOULD receive her's today. I sure hope so!!! :)

However I have not received mine either and the mail has already run today. I SURE hope I don't get flaked on :(.

Have a good weekend everyone.:)
    Old 08-28-2010, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
    I won't be able to send my secret pal package until the weekend of the 21st of August. Don't worry, I will not forget you!
    I got it earlier this week, I was out of town so actually I JUST got it....too funny you said you couldn't send till Aug. 21....my Birthday. Great Present, I just Love the colors and the Kool Tools, didn't have either of them and really needed both.
    THANK YOU! :-)
    Old 08-29-2010, 03:54 AM

I agree with you gals..I sent mine out priorty 2 weeks ago..I have not heard from my partner if she received the package or if she liked it..I sent her a PM no response..nor have I received anything..bummed in MO but up to the next swap.
    Old 08-29-2010, 05:48 AM

That is stinky that so many have not gotten their gifts. I have been lucky and received a great package from Justok and a wonderful response from Mom-6 on the package I sent her. I hope that it is possible to keep track of the ones who did not honor their commitment so that they cannot sign up again. For those who did receive a gift and have not bothered to acknowledge it to their secret pal, that is just rude. It has been fun for so many of us and I hate it for those whose experience has been disappointing.
    Old 08-29-2010, 06:00 AM

USPS delivery confirmation said my secret pal received her package yesterday! Hope she likes it! have not heard anything from her.

Tracy
    Old 08-29-2010, 06:26 AM

Thank you Kathy for the wonderful package. It arrived Friday morning. Will start on the book soon, the fabric looks like it will be fun to use. The pens and the little box they are in is perfect, in fact I am taking a class on Wednesday that I will use them. Every one needs buttons. I love the bracelet. The card was so pretty. You are a very talented person.
    Old 08-29-2010, 06:42 AM

I forgot to put a card in my SP package. I PMed my SP, but haven't heard anything back from her. She doesn't post much at all and I sent it priority. My Doll Quilt was sent further across the country and arrived yesterday, so my SP should have received hers yesterday. I am hoping I hear something by Monday.

I haven't received anything this month, nor have I received a message letting me know it is on it's way (which would be kinda nice to know.)

BTW - Last week, I was sent a book I bought on Ebay and the sender paid quite a bit extra for signature confirmation. (It cost her $7.25 to send me a book that only cost me $10.00... so she made only $2.75 on the book). Anyway, I received it on a Saturday (when I was home) and the signature barcode had been scribbled on and the package was shoved into my mailbox. I never even saw the post man. I was pretty upset. The postman had to have lied on his paperwork that I signed for it. I am wondering if the same could be true for "delivery confirmation."
    Old 08-29-2010, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Sew_Deer
    I won't be able to send my secret pal package until the weekend of the 21st of August. Don't worry, I will not forget you!
    I got it earlier this week, I was out of town so actually I JUST got it....too funny you said you couldn't send till Aug. 21....my Birthday. Great Present, I just Love the colors and the Kool Tools, didn't have either of them and really needed both.
    THANK YOU! :-)
    Glad you liked it! After I mailed it I went on the board and saw a post by you that you were out of the area for the week and woultn't be back til the 28th. I thought " Oh darn, I just missed her!" But I knew the surprise would wait until you came back, and it did!
    Old 08-29-2010, 07:17 AM

No package in yesterday's mail. Hopefully it is just late and not lost. Keeping my fingers crossed for next week! Already signed up for September Swap. I am having so much fun with this, even if people sign up then don't send, that's not going to stop me. I hope it doesn't stop others either from signing up.
    Old 08-29-2010, 07:26 AM

No package in yesterday's mail. Hopefully it is just late and not lost. Keeping my fingers crossed for next week! Already signed up for September Swap. I am having so much fun with this, even if people sign up then don't send, that's not going to stop me. I hope it doesn't stop others either from signing up.
    I have to admit that I am probably one of those who won't sign up again if I get burned. It does take the fun out of the whole swap when members don't follow through on their commitment, or when those who receive packages don't have the courtesy to post a thank you. :cry: :cry: