Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed >
  • August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

• August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

Old 09-01-2010, 03:50 PM
    Power Poster

I think everyone on here did great. I love seeing the pictures. I wish I could figure it out. I think it is the format. my pictures don't show up. Hope everyone signs up again. It really is alot of fun.I do believe we all see it is important to communicate when you send and recieve your gift.
    Old 09-01-2010, 04:07 PM

I did not receive anything for August, but I still joined for September. I had so much fun shopping for the person I sent to! I think it's nice to be able to put a smile on someone else's face. I was a little sad to see August go by without a surprise, but hope next month goes better. I really do appreciate our Hostess for putting these secret pal swaps together for us. it must take a tremendous amount of work to keep it all straight and notify all of us of who we have! Thank you!
    Old 09-01-2010, 04:23 PM
    Power Poster

Good for you Danielle, It's the giving not the recieving. even though the recieving is so much fun also. but things do happen.
    Old 09-01-2010, 05:31 PM

There was a package at my house when I got home from a long weekend. I got a wonderful git of 1" paper hexagons and charm pack. I love the colors. Thanks Bella Boo!
    Old 09-01-2010, 05:32 PM

I too am in on the Sept swap..I love to give.
    Old 09-01-2010, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by CharmQueen15
    I am upset about the person I sent my Secert Pal too, I mailed it late week and she got and I know she got because I put a tracker on and she hasn't posted anything about it, I wrote to the hostess and she said she would post something well I haven't seen it, I know life gets in the way sometimes but she can answer the hostess email and not post on here or send me email I think that is rude.I hope I am not stepping on anyone toes for me posting this but I have saw on other swaps some ladies feel the same way like I do of not posting to let us now if they recieved our packages or not. I also seen that she has mailed out her swaps and her parterns has posted they got thier packages from her. So it makes me wonder if i did something wrong???
    I do hope I do not cause any hurt feelings on my posting. If I did I am very sorry.

I didn't get anything from my SP today.
    I sent my package on time last month, but my SP didn't get it for some time after USPS confirmed delivery. Packages are delivered, sometimes on back porches, without being given directly to a person and the addressee may not know to look where the postman left it. My SP eventually found the package and my worries about sending a replacement were relieved.

Our hostess does a fantastic job tracking down who has and has not gotten their gift and/or mailed it off. Please don't let one person that didn't say thank you ruin all of the fun...next month is a new month and a different SP. Life keeps all of us busy, and getting to this board is not always on the top of the list for most.
    Old 09-01-2010, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by lizcake
    I will admit to being one of those sad people who did not get my package in the mail until this morning, but to make up for the lateness, I sent it Prioity in those awesome flat rate boxes. Stupid small towns with POs that open after people have to be at work and close before they get off work!!

Oh, and for those who wonder about their gift not having been received yet, I am also one of those who has not yet gotten my gift. So there are still some floating in the PO system, I'm sure!
    I live in one of those towns! Ours is open M-F and closes at 3pm. Lotsa fun to try and find the time to get there :lol:
    Old 09-01-2010, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by davef
    my gift from my secret pal... I am very grateful

Thank you so much

davef
    What an amazing gift!
    Old 09-02-2010, 04:19 AM

I'm wondering where our hostess is? I sent her three PMs mid august and it shows they have not been read yet. I'm hoping everything is ok with her.
    Old 09-02-2010, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by mzsooz
    I'm wondering where our hostess is? I sent her three PMs mid august and it shows they have not been read yet. I'm hoping everything is ok with her.
    I believe she is OK, just her PM inbox is probably flooded with messages :mrgreen: . I did hear from her with a PM on Saturday or Sunday evening.

BTW, I think when you look at your sent messages and it says "unread", it means that you haven't actually clicked on the link to your message and read it, I don't think it indicates the recipient has or hasn't opened your message. At least that is what I noticed on mine because as soon as I click on mine, it changes.