Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed >
  • August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

• August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

Old 08-25-2010, 05:25 PM

A package from Heather was waiting for me when we got home from our weekend get a way. Thank you so much. I love the cardinal pattern and the Christmas panel projects. I was just about ready to buy some rotary blades and was thrilled to find them. I have already eaten about 1/2 the candy. I love the chewys.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-104345.jpe  
    Old 08-25-2010, 05:29 PM

I want to THANK my secret pal Jane Jones(no board name enclosed) for all my goodies she sent me. She definitely sent me VERY nice items(as if she saw my sewing room). I received three fat quarters, two with cats(I have a cat) and one with a sewing theme(which I have been collecting), some CANDY(Much needed after a long day sewing), a magnetic strip that says - Love,faith,hope, & love -, a Keepsake needle card with assorted needles(it brings back memories of my DGM's sewing basket), a small bag(I can use this to put my needles, scissors, cutter & other small items when I go to class) and a thread catcher made out of CAT fabric(did she know that I have a paper bag taped to the end of my sewing cabinet?)!!! I love everything and will use it all, thank you again for all the wonderful gifts!!

My paper bag - thread catcher
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]104387[/ATTACH]

All of my Goodies
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]104389[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-104382.jpe   attachment-104384.jpe  
    Old 08-25-2010, 06:25 PM

Great packages everyone! Can't wait to get mine:)
    Old 08-25-2010, 06:39 PM

my gift from my secret pal... I am very grateful

thank you so much
    Old 08-25-2010, 06:41 PM

my gift from my secret pal... I am very grateful

Thank you so much

davef
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-104415.jpe  
    Old 08-26-2010, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by amy WI
    Originally Posted by Pinkbutterflyquilter
    I am a little concerned I mailed mine to my SP back on August 13th to CA but she has not posted anything! Lynnc if you got your please let me know! I am worried sick!
    Here is her post from a different thread-

I received my Secret Pal package for this month. She mailed it from Red Oak, Texas. But didn't give a name. thank you so much. I loved the cute flower pot pin cushion. Plus the fat quarters, and the candy bar. My favorite, Snickers. I wish I could send a personal thank you but not this time.
    Thanks again
    OK So there is nothing wrong with me!!??!! I didnt realize i left out the note! For that matter where the note?? ROFL :oops: :oops: Thank you Amy for finding the note, does she not post to this thread? I went back as far as the date I sent it and didnt see it. But I guess the bottom line is she got it and she is happy! I was hoping she would post a pic of the pin cushion. I was kinda proud I figured those out. I hadnt seen one but i figured it would work so i went for it! Everyone's gifts look great! I call my husband everyday to check the mail! LOL
    Hugs and stitches to all!
    Old 08-26-2010, 10:11 AM

I am still waiting on my SP package, can't wait to see what she sent me,I know my SP got her package on Tues. but she hasn't posted anything about it,I haven't seen any posting from lately, I hope everything is ok w/ her or maybe she on vacation.
    Old 08-26-2010, 10:13 AM

Just want to let my special secret August friend know her package is on its way extra quick to her today....picken grapes and making up our first batch o white wine has gotten in the way.
    stitchful hugs
    Old 08-26-2010, 10:24 AM

O. K., so everyday I wait for the mailman and nothing from my secret pal. I'm so disappointed! I'm starting to feel left out!! Then today I go to check the mail and nothing again!! BooHoo!!
    So I go about my business and I happen to glance out on my side porch...and....there it is!!! The most beautiful box I've ever seen!!!

Thank you, thank you for my goodies, Wilma from Roanoke Rapid, NC!!! I don't know your screen name, so I can't send you a private message. Your box was so worth waiting for!!

Wilma sent me sticky notes (which I always use!), a quilted tissue holder (made by her), a teapot needle case (also made by her and that I needed very badly!), a crocheted cotton washcloth (I assume made by Wilma!), glue sticks (YES!!), magnetic clasps (for all the bags I make - SWEET!!!), a pack of rayon thread (which I can use for free motion quilting on my wall hangings - DOUBLE SWEET!!!) and the most beautiful thread catcher I've ever seen (also made by her - DOUBLE, no TRIPLE YES!!!)

This was the best box ever and I soooo thank you, Wilma!! You not only made my day, you made my month!!! Hugs!!!

All the wonderful things that Wilma sent me!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]104725[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-104720.jpe  
    Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 AM

Hey pal, please be patient with me. I have been keeping it in my car since I have cats and you are allergic. But the box is complete now, but can't find your address....I am sure I printed it out somewhere.

Hopefully quiltingbee will remind me of it shortly so I can get it in the mail today. I hope you like it!

I have not received mine yet either but looking forward to it when I get back from weekend trip. I am sure it will be waiting for me.