Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

• August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-12-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by dyer804
    Originally Posted by Kellie G
    Just got back from the post office where I shipped a firmie to a state on the border....is it the northern, southern, eastern or western border....not saying!!!! However, her zip code adds up to 27!!!! Her city is the county seat....oh and George Luca was born there....love George Lucas films!!!! Should be there by early next week.....
    Me, me, me! That is, if it isn't someone else in Modesto. I can start stalking the postman!
    It came! It's wonderful! Pictures later!
    Old 08-12-2011, 06:32 PM
    Power Poster

Oh My Goodness!!!!!! I recieved a wonderful squishie today from Crafty Darlene!!!First thank You so much Darlene for the terriffic gifts. The mugrug is soooo very nice and cute as can be. It is done in mostly browns which I happen to love. And it has farm animals all over the fabric.So very cute. You did a wonderful job on it with fancy stitches and a pocket and all. She also sent a very nice note.Plus there were christmas fabrics and a couple that were everyday types that are really nice. Also hand sewing needles,sewing machine needles, a seam ripper,2 very nice patterns one for a quick quilt and one for a tote bag (which I have been on a kick of making lately.),a big ole sugarfree DARK chocolate candy bar.That made it here just great..It was barely soft thanks for thinking to use a plastic baggie just in case.Also a grocery list type notebook with a pen .Whew I think that was it.My daughter is coming over I think this weekend and I will see if she can post a photo for me. At least of the mugrug,it is so adorable. Thanks again Darlene!!!!!!! I love it all,you are a great secret pal. Mary
    Old 08-12-2011, 06:36 PM

Wow! We sure kept the PO busy today. Great packages.

Mary, sounds like a very nice package you got there.
    Old 08-12-2011, 06:46 PM

I'm ready for tomorrow as long as my migraine doesn't get worse again. I just got home from the hospital, I had to get 2 doses of morphine by IV. My head still hurts but it is a little bit better now. I was finally able to eat a little something too. Just have to get back home before my daughter and the grand babies come over.
    Old 08-12-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by hoppa
    Recevied my swap from Joann aka Dyer 802 today. She sent a beautiful pkg with 6 fat quarers including one with cranes and she did not know I love Asian fabrics, thread snipper, pin cushion, a new quilt magazine which she supplemented with 2 older ones as she knew I liked to read quilt magazines, some yummy sugar free werthers since its too hot for chocolate, a retractable tape measure and a wonderful not.

Thank you for a wonderful package!!!
    So glad you liked it!
    Old 08-12-2011, 06:56 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by candi
    Wow! We sure kept the PO busy today. Great packages.

Mary, sounds like a very nice package you got there.
    It was extremely nice. Terryl hope you sign up next month too.Mary
    Old 08-12-2011, 07:16 PM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    I'm ready for tomorrow as long as my migraine doesn't get worse again. I just got home from the hospital, I had to get 2 doses of morphine by IV. My head still hurts but it is a little bit better now. I was finally able to eat a little something too. Just have to get back home before my daughter and the grand babies come over.
    Oh, that's awful!! I will pray your headache goes away, and fast. Your grandbabies need you in good shape. Take care of yourself.
    Old 08-12-2011, 07:22 PM
    Power Poster

Robyn hope you feel better sweetie.It's hard to enjoy the grandkids when you feel so bad. Mary
    Old 08-12-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnnMc
    Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Oh, that's awful!! I will pray your headache goes away, and fast. Your grandbabies need you in good shape. Take care of yourself.
    Thank you.
    Old 08-12-2011, 07:29 PM

Alright, box is sealed ready to go to PO tomorrow. Entrusting DH to take it for me as I have to work. Here are the rest of the clues for you - it is 1,151 miles from me - I would say southwest. The elevation of the city is 3,236' and the population is a little more than 17,200. Who is it? Didn't look to see when it should be there but expect it Tuesday or Wednesday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!