Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

• August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-13-2011, 08:03 AM

robyn i am a non-medicated migraine sufferer and wouldn't wish this condition on anyone. this summer's extreme heat and my allergies are making my headaches much worse this year. along with destressing my environment, filling my space with the calming scents of essential oils and plenty of rest, i usually found drinking a cola to help with the migraines. the caffeine opens the blood vessels to help lessen the pounding pain. of course the trick to mananging migraines is to catch them early before they become full blown.

i've had migraines for over 30 years and except for the first 3-4 years i have refused taking medications opting instead to work with my doctors & manage my triggers in a more homeopathic way, with much success. i do hope that you find your way on the road to recovery very soon.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} from a fellow migraine sufferer
    Old 08-13-2011, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by dyer804
    Originally Posted by Kellie G
    Just got back from the post office where I shipped a firmie to a state on the border....is it the northern, southern, eastern or western border....not saying!!!! However, her zip code adds up to 27!!!! Her city is the county seat....oh and George Luca was born there....love George Lucas films!!!! Should be there by early next week.....
    Me, me, me! That is, if it isn't someone else in Modesto. I can start stalking the postman!
    It came! It's wonderful! Pictures later!
    Here is the picture of the wonderful package KellieG sent. As you can see, she really spoiled me. Today is my birthday so getting this yesterday was really fun. I hope you can see the colors of the lovely fabrics she send; they are beautiful. A book I haven't read and a magnetic bookmark with sewing items on it were included. A notepad for on the frig will be handy for those grocery lists. Then my collectables: a snowman tin, a sparkly pumpkin, and a very cute crocheted angel bell ornament that she made for me - so cute. KellieG also included a very nice note letting me get to know her a bit better.
    Happy Birthday, Joanne :!: :!: :!: :D 8-) :-D :) :-)
    Old 08-13-2011, 08:15 AM

Ladies, i wanted to show you a pic of the quilt that Troy and i made for a soldier. He was so proud of himself. He is only 5.

Troy showing the quilt. he is my grandson
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]241045[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-241039.jpe  
    Old 08-13-2011, 08:17 AM

I just returned from a successful hunt at a second Tuesday Morning. They had different and less fabric then the other one but more and different gadgets and notions, plus a book I may keep about scrap quilting...or may it'll go in a SP box some month soon :wink: :wink:

I just love that store. They had a set of punchneedles for $1.99 that I'm keeping!! no question about that.
    Old 08-13-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by mooretll
    Ladies, i wanted to show you a pic of the quilt that Troy and i made for a soldier. He was so proud of himself. He is only 5.
    Awesome quilt. What a wonderful lesson to teach your grandson, not only passing on the quilting bug, but also to do for others. You are an awesome grandmother!!!!
    Old 08-13-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by candi
    Juli, that martini glass fabric is great. I did a strach for Timeless Treasures Martini fabric and got many stores as well as eBay and Amazon. Just in case somebody is interested, lol, I am bad influence.

Wanda Lou, awesome package.

Robyn, hope you are feeling better. Not o butt in your business, but I was wondering if you do any yoga. The reason I ask is ( although I have never had migraines as bad as you describe), I haven't had any since I started practicing yoga regularly, especially inversions. It helped my headaches and sensitivity to light tremendously.
    No I don't do yoga, but that might be something to look into. I am migraine is barely there today. I'm just hoping not to have a rebound one. We had a storm come through last night and my lower back has been killing all night. I got a couple of hours of sleep. I'm heading out to do my shopping.
    Old 08-13-2011, 08:30 AM

Thank you, He loves to do what ever his Nana and Papa are doing. He is getting very good at his quilting. I gave him his own machine.
    Originally Posted by Kellie G
    Originally Posted by mooretll
    Awesome quilt. What a wonderful lesson to teach your grandson, not only passing on the quilting bug, but also to do for others. You are an awesome grandmother!!!!
    Old 08-13-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    robyn i am a non-medicated migraine sufferer and wouldn't wish this condition on anyone. this summer's extreme heat and my allergies are making my headaches much worse this year. along with destressing my environment, filling my space with the calming scents of essential oils and plenty of rest, i usually found drinking a cola to help with the migraines. the caffeine opens the blood vessels to help lessen the pounding pain. of course the trick to mananging migraines is too catch them early before they become full blown.

i've had migraines for over 30 years and except for the first 3-4 years i have refused taking medications opting instead to work with my doctors & manage my triggers in a more homeopathic way, with much success. i do hope that you find your way on the road to recovery very soon.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} from a fellow migraine sufferer
    I've only been taking meds for the last 10 years because they have gotten so bad. My problem is that I wake up with them and by that time they are full blown. Weather and allergies play a major part for me as well. So does not getting enough sleep or waiting to long to eat. I agree that coke does help some times. Thanks for caring.
    Old 08-13-2011, 08:39 AM

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their caring and support while I have been dealing with my migraines.

Love and Hugs to everyone,

Robyn
    Old 08-13-2011, 08:48 AM

Well, I tackled the mailman and he still didn't have a pkg for me. I have been waiting at this table for so long now my behind and legs have gone numb! :hunf: