Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

• August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-14-2011, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Shush! I'm not supposed to be here - been banned by the doc from using the computer until I get eye surgery. But I have just got to share.......

I passed! Wooo hooo I passed my assessment and got my DHP today. I am so thrilled.

Slinking back, out of range of the computer so that DH doesn't catch me.

Everyone take care and I really, really look forward to catching up with the huge number of pages and everyone's news.
    Woo Hoo! Way to go!
    Old 08-14-2011, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by sik1010
    Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Originally Posted by candi
    Hey Candi, Sara, & Terryl,

This is what I picked up at the fabric shop today. I didn't a have to blame anyone as my DH went with me. I always end up coming home with more when he is with me.
    Nice :thumbup: I too went yesterday and came home with some pretties.
    Very nice I really like those.
    Hey, you got some good stuff out there in Arizona! Love the brights, and I think we have the same kitty fabric--I'm gonna check...
    Candi, yes I went shopping, and I looked at your haul and thought you could just set them aside for next month's SP and send those to me--Okay???
    Terryl--is the car running and did you go shopping too?

Let me get a photo of this...
    Yup, same kitties at the beach, I got mine at Joann's with these other ones to make a sewing machine cover for my DD who has 4 kitties.
    OK then, Sarah. If I get you next month, you will be an easy pal :thumbup:
    These kitties are just too cute. What are you making?
    Old 08-14-2011, 03:00 PM

Hey Candi, Sara, & Terryl,

This is what I picked up at the fabric shop today. I didn't a have to blame anyone as my DH went with me. I always end up coming home with more when he is with me.
    Nice :thumbup: I too went yesterday and came home with some pretties.
    Very nice I really like those.
    Hey, you got some good stuff out there in Arizona! Love the brights, and I think we have the same kitty fabric--I'm gonna check...
    Candi, yes I went shopping, and I looked at your haul and thought you could just set them aside for next month's SP and send those to me--Okay???
    Terryl--is the car running and did you go shopping too?

Let me get a photo of this...
    Yup, same kitties at the beach, I got mine at Joann's with these other ones to make a sewing machine cover for my DD who has 4 kitties.
    That's so funny that we have the same fabric. I was bad and went shopping again and got some more fabric. I also got some more of that kitty fabric. I'm going to send some to someone special. My DH is not helping me have any control...lol
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-241832.jpe  
    Old 08-14-2011, 03:13 PM

I received a wonderful pkg from Neena. What a great secret pal!! I hope I dont forget anything here....
    I LOVE everything!! An adorable hand made pin cushion; a sweet little bird bracelet wrapped around four 1/2 yd cuts of beautiful fabrics; A great Redwork pattern for pin cushions and hand towels; adorable birdhouse notecards, a Chicken Soup for the Soul word finds and a Fons and Porter notions jackpot!!! Machine quilting gloves, chalk marker and refill, machine quilting needles,a combination scissors lock and a needles disposal case.
    Sorry the picture isnt very clear. My phone doesnt do a very good job and I have lost the cord to my good camera.
    Thank you again Neena!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-241840.jpe  
    Old 08-14-2011, 03:26 PM

More neat packages! I have to say, this is a pretty good group of swappers, and I keep seeing more and more that I want/need. LOL!

You went shopping again??? More goodies--good job!

Candi, my DD has a birthday in September and she needs a cover for her sewing machine, with a scrap bag and pin cushion, so I am making her a set. She loved this kitty fabric, but I didn't buy it while she was with me. Now, the funny thing is she takes my pictures--so to get the photos, she said is this for your swap, and I said yes, I really need to post a picture on the swap thread. She said she wanted the fabric and was very disappointed, but very nicely took the picture. LOL!!! I didn't really lie about it! :oops:
    Old 08-14-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Shush! I'm not supposed to be here - been banned by the doc from using the computer until I get eye surgery. But I have just got to share.......

I passed! Wooo hooo I passed my assessment and got my DHP today. I am so thrilled.

Slinking back, out of range of the computer so that DH doesn't catch me.

Everyone take care and I really, really look forward to catching up with the huge number of pages and everyone's news.
    Way to go! Congratulations!
    Old 08-14-2011, 03:38 PM

my package is ready to go... I posted one hint earlier. Another hint is.. Thanksgiving & Christmas are her favorite holidays.

This is a picture of it waiting for the Monday morning mail pickup along with one of it's contents... my first ever mug rug. I hope she enjoys everything else that I sent with it. It is scheduled to arrive to her on Wednesday :)
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-241861.jpe   attachment-241863.jpe  
    Old 08-14-2011, 03:50 PM

have my package just about ready to go... I don't drive so will get to the PO on Wednesday when we go grocery shopping...
    Will get to my Secret Pal, proably the next day she lives that close to me... Hint hint...
    Old 08-14-2011, 03:55 PM

More neat packages! I have to say, this is a pretty good group of swappers, and I keep seeing more and more that I want/need. LOL!

Candi, my DD has a birthday in September and she needs a cover for her sewing machine, with a scrap bag and pin cushion, so I am making her a set. She loved this kitty fabric, but I didn't buy it while she was with me. Now, the funny thing is she takes my pictures--so to get the photos, she said is this for your swap, and I said yes, I really need to post a picture on the swap thread. She said she wanted the fabric and was very disappointed, but very nicely took the picture. LOL!!! I didn't really lie about it! :oops:
    LOL! How lucky for you and your DD that you both sew! Wish I had a sewing buddy, as is, my mom lives five hours away from me and doesn't sew!
    Old 08-14-2011, 05:01 PM

LOL! How lucky for you and your DD that you both sew! Wish I had a sewing buddy, as is, my mom lives five hours away from me and doesn't sew!
    Candi, think about that statement for a minute--okay, when she doesn't have something, where do you think she goes??? Mom's stash. I also have 2 sisters that sew, so I only own what I can hide and they are better trackers and stalkers than you--that's serious! LOL! I love them all, but my shopping problem usually involves several of THEIR needs too. All I can say is it's good that I like them all... A sewing buddy for me would be nice if they're NOT related and have some things of their own. LOL! So far, I haven't found one. Do you want one of mine???