Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

• August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-16-2011, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804
    I'm still waiting patiently to see if someone mails out to the state that starts with a V......anybody??? :-(
    I am awaiting hte same thing as well and it is getting frustrating isnt it?
    Old 08-16-2011, 05:51 AM

My SP package is on its way to Texas, it left this area last night. Be on the look out, should be there on the 18th.
    Old 08-16-2011, 05:56 AM

Lots of wonderful packages :-) ...For those in waiting, it should not be long now :thumbup: ..Still waiting to find out if my SP got her package..I always worry until I hear something..But, that is me..ole worrier :lol:
    Old 08-16-2011, 07:03 AM

Ok, here are the promised pictures of grammyj's wonderful package, it took more then 1 picture to show it all for you!

She sent a seam ripper, ruler grippers, an emery board in hot purple, an 18 mm rotary cutter (the one size I didn't have :) ) with a really cute pink print handle, a pilot frixion pen that I've been dying to try, a 1" bias tape maker, also something I've wanted to experiment with, 2 darling sewing machine buttons, the cutest TY birthday bear and a Happy Birthday mug just full of peanut m & m packs (well, yesterday it was full, today it's down 2 packs), the cleaverest magnetic cat (how do you suppose she knew I loved cats ;) ), a bamboo lotus candle, a HUGE cut of red flowered material, a red FQ and 3 green FQ, one of which is a darling kitty print, plus 2 darling mug rugs or coaster (I think?), a spool of thread topped by a darling pin cushion she made, a novel I haven't read with a darling handmade book mark, an unusual tootsie roll lollipop notions with 13 funny ways to use the lollipop while quilting, a hex table topper pattern, a FQ quilt book and my one of favorite candy circus peanuts!!
    Plus there was the sweetest note on really cute double wedding ring paper. If I missed anything, I'm sorry, but I'm overwhelmed!

As i was sitting here taking pictures and writing this DH just came in and said that's really fun, isn't it? Boy, is he right....I hope my pal liked my package as much as I liked mine :)
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-242645.jpe   attachment-242646.jpe   attachment-242647.jpe   attachment-242648.jpe   attachment-242649.jpe  

Old 08-16-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by shelrox
    Originally Posted by mscupid804
    I'm still waiting patiently to see if someone mails out to the state that starts with a V......anybody??? :-(
    I am awaiting hte same thing as well and it is getting frustrating isnt it?
    Yes, Shelrox, it's very frustrating waiting for your pkg after you see everyone else getting theirs. But on the upside, I have already been shopping for some items we all need as quilters for the next SP swap. Even tho I haven't rec'd my pkg yet, I am looking forward to the next one!
    Old 08-16-2011, 07:27 AM

Mailed my package today hope she likes it.
    jazs2
    Old 08-16-2011, 07:37 AM

Well, as soon as I posted my last post the mailman came and brought my goodies!!! Thank you Sue Straley (board name?)!!!!! I love it all and it was so thoughtful of you to get my fur baby something, that really touched my heart! :thumbup: Love the seam guide, and the purse and everything else, you did great Sue, thank you so much!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-242659.jpe  
    Old 08-16-2011, 07:50 AM

So many wonderful packages, my Sp has already received hers so I am waiting very patiently for my package to arrive. Have lots of WIPs to finish off so will keep myself busy. I have a swap stash, whenever I am out and there are bargains about I buy them (except for sweets, I just eat them so they have to be bought just before I send the package lol.

Canny
    Old 08-16-2011, 07:53 AM

Love seeing all the packages, such nice and generous ideas. Still being patient here, nothing in my mailbox yet. I'm also waiting for my SP to get hers; I mailed it more than a week ago. But here's another CLUE - it went out of the US - and might take a bit longer.
    Old 08-16-2011, 12:31 PM

Checked my mail and nothing for me today except bills! Hopefully some time this week. Love seeing everyones pkgs gives me some new ideas for next month!