Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

• August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-18-2011, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by shelrox
    Thank you, I have started acupuncture, manipulation and gemmotherapy and something is finally breaking the cycle. Between Fibromyalgia, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and the Migraines life gets very difficult to deal with and I really enjoy this board and the swaps.

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Shelrox I hope you get some relief from those migraines soon.
    I'm glad to hear that. I have fibromyalgia and migraines, along with 2 different spine curvatures. Still waiting other diagnosis. I just wish they would find something that helps with the back pain and spasms. I'm keeping DH up all night because of it, poor guy.
    Old 08-18-2011, 04:45 PM

I got a great package from 3NorwichTerr today! I sent her a PM thanking her personally, but I wanted to show everyone what she sent. Thank you for sending all the goodies!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-243698.jpe   attachment-243699.jpe  
    Old 08-18-2011, 04:49 PM

I was cleaning out my garage today when the mail lady walks up with a package...a super SP firmie from KatieAnn! Eight pieces of beautiful fabric, needles, cute flower pins (love), pretty push pins, erasers shaped like flipflops (too cute!), a pretty journal, gorgeous green sewing kit, four various quilt magazines and books...The Jump Start your Quilting has some awesome patterns using precuts that I have been looking at for the past hour and planning some Christmas gifts from, and last but not least a Lindt Chocolate bar and Mary Kay embrace Happiness sugar scrub from the spa collection!!! It is like Christmas around here!!! Love it all! Thanks you so much KatieAnn!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-243700.jpe  
    Old 08-18-2011, 04:50 PM

Oh my goodness! I received a fabulous firmie today from CheryW! Five adorable FQs, three coordinating with little pearlheaded pins on them (favorite notion), one with scissors, and a really cute kitty-sewing one; a charm pack of Kansas Troubles Summer's end (favorite line of fabric!), a spool of Mettler poly sheen light brown thread,a little hardcover notepad with matching pen that says "I Love Quiting" for my purse, a magnetic notepad for the fridge, a nail file with case tape measure increments, a package of Dritz long pearlized pins, four packages of Extra Dessert Delights sugarfree gum, Key Lime Pie, Apple Pie, Strawberry Shortcake, and Mint Chocolate Chip, never seen those before, Key Lime Cheeseball mix (yum), a Metro Madness tape measure, a cute Smile You've just been tagged random act of kindness card to pass along, three patterns, Cherry a la Mode, Thimbleberries Pinwheel Twist and Love Me Tender (that was one of the songs at my wedding 30 yrs. ago), a Ball Jar Art kit, five spools of fall designs ribbon, a Natalie Dawn Tumbler template from Missouri Star Quilt Co., two quilting magazines, a Quilter's Christmas Cookbook, Pounce treats for my cat Bug, a package of litte mice toys too, and Snaugages for my lab Mollie. I hate to make you all jealous, but I'll post pics anyway!!! Wonderful way to finish my day was opening up all my goodies! Thank you sew much CherylW, your gifts are amazing!!!!!!

Bug enjoying his toy!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]243710[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-243701.jpe   attachment-243702.jpe   attachment-243703.jpe   attachment-243704.jpe  
    Old 08-18-2011, 04:57 PM

So many nice things!
    Old 08-18-2011, 05:07 PM

This has definitely been a good month for secret pals!!! Thanks Lori for making this all happen...again!!!
    Old 08-18-2011, 05:11 PM

i pray everyone who is sick, infirmed, injured, or otherwise suffering feels better real soon. here are feel better((((((HUGS))))) from me. i offer my prayers also to those who have lost loved ones.

even through all that we may be going through right now, we have been given another day to rejoice and be thankful for our lives. i hope you are able to take some time from your day from your aches, pains and possibly tears and express your gratitude whether it be in a moment of silence or in prayer. the fact that we are all able to be on a computer chatting with each other is in itself a blessing.

not sweating the smaller things in life can allow us to more clearly see the greater blessings at hand. i say this to all even as i have my own cache of maladies that i am dealing with. i still count it all joy always looking for tomorrow to bring greater clarity and a deeper appreciation of where i am versus where i could be. i think it is great that we have each other to share our "little windows" of life with all while we take a moment to have some fun and brighten each other's day.

i am casting my net to give one really big collective ((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))to all!
    Old 08-18-2011, 05:28 PM

Well said Mary
    Old 08-18-2011, 06:36 PM

As promised, here are the photos of my package.

Aren't those oranges just beautiful? I don't remember mentioning that I love to bake, but LeeAnn found a great Baking Cookbook for my kitchen library.

Without further delay, here are the photos of my loot. The FQ's are already in my stash, ready for my guild meeting tomorrow followed by our "lock-in". Hoping to make a few of those Microwave Bowls.
    Old 08-18-2011, 06:42 PM

Whoops guess I had a Gummie Life Saver in my mouth because I forgot to attach the photos. Here goes
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-243722.jpe   attachment-243723.jpe