Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

• August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-20-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by mtquilter09
    I know of a pkg that's on it's way to MA and to Macon anyone out there waiting for them???? I'm canning pickles today with DD, 22 qts. to be exact-still have peaches to do--also have peach pie in the oven anyone want to join me on the bench?
    I love peach pie but never seem to make it - it'll be comfort food for me since I got stung by wasps earlier today. Ouchies and Double Ouchies. I'll sit a spell on the bench with you since you are sharing and to keep you company. Yummy!!
    Old 08-20-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by dabbler312
    Wanted to share a photo of the awesome package I received from Donna H-M; I love love love the mug rug and thirties fabric; she chose beautifully. Thanks again Donna - this is my first mug rug ever.
    Very nice I just love your dall
    Old 08-20-2011, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by fromzstore
    Originally Posted by dabbler312
    Wanted to share a photo of the awesome package I received from Donna H-M; I love love love the mug rug and thirties fabric; she chose beautifully. Thanks again Donna - this is my first mug rug ever.
    Very nice I just love your dall

What she said :thumbup: Doll is soooo cute & funky!
    Old 08-20-2011, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by mooretll
    Me to, I am helping watch!!
    Originally Posted by candi
    Yay, Darlene!! Sounds like a great package.

Soniboo, we are watching for you friend.Oh, and ladybug in Lynn Haven too is still waiting too. The last two FL gals?
    Gosh Rosemary, are we lucky or what with all our watcher friends?

Darlene, your pkg sounds wonderful...if you feel inclined to share... :lol:

All the packages this month are great and it's fun to see the imagination at work in this swap!

For everyone that's going through physical/other problems hope ya'll feel better soon, you're sure having a rough time of it.

For the nameless person that fell off her horse the whole idea is to stay on top of the animal until one is done riding. :thumbup: :lol:
    Old 08-20-2011, 06:49 PM

I thought we could send used books, quilt magazines, etc. as long as we did not count it toward the $10.00. I love to get recycled quilt mag. and books. I gave a book to my Aug. sp that I had just finished reading, but did not include it in the money I spent. It was an extra. If you use a flat rate box might as well stuff it full. It won't cost any more and will make the pkg more exciting.
    Old 08-20-2011, 10:37 PM

some of us buy the used books, quilt magazines, etc. for these swaps so they may get counted towards the $10.00. it's permissable.

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
    I thought we could send used books, quilt magazines, etc. as long as we did not count it toward the $10.00. I love to get recycled quilt mag. and books. I gave a book to my Aug. sp that I had just finished reading, but did not include it in the money I spent. It was an extra. If you use a flat rate box might as well stuff it full. It won't cost any more and will make the pkg more exciting.
    Old 08-21-2011, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    some of us buy the used books, quilt magazines, etc. for these swaps so they may get counted towards the $10.00. it's permissable.

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
    Didn't we talk of sending the used books and putting our board name and state or country to see how far a book travels in this swap or someone can choose to keep it? I thought we did, so this time I mailed 2 with their starting info, taped on paper, in the back of the book. Tell me we did or I'm just a bit crazy--which is possible. LOL!
    Old 08-21-2011, 03:03 AM

Ok those pin cushions are SO CUTE, and the doll well it is so very cute also. I have sent books from my stash of many books, and gone to the thrift store for some also. My SP received her package but no picture posted and I didn't take one. I also, hope that everyone is feeling better. Have a great Sunday everyone.
    Old 08-21-2011, 03:21 AM

There are soooo many really neat packages this month! I'm getting anxious for Sept.

Lori, I read where you said there are 28 pkg in the mail - is that about normal for this time of the month?
    Old 08-21-2011, 03:25 AM

Havplenty, what an awesome package you sent!
    And that doll is adorable!

Sarah, yes there was such talk about the books, lol, you are NOT crazy..well not in this instance anyway :mrgreen:

And Soniboo, aren't you the clever one :?: :mrgreen: sure the purpose of riding is staying on the horse, but that is largely decided by the horse him or herself, lol. In that case, my Danny decided to spook, and run one way while I stayed behind, oh poor me, my tush is still sore :oops: :-(
    Hope you get your package soon, I hear there are many flying all over as I type this, maybe one will land in your mailbox? :P