Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

• August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 09-03-2011, 05:34 AM

Stacey, great packages.
    Old 09-03-2011, 06:26 AM

Well, well, well yesterday evening was my night! I received my squishie from sewnmom! So exciting!! Look at the nice fabric I received. I have more additions to the black and white quilt I will be making and my beauuuutiful batik fabric! But what warms my heart is the cute rooster pin cushion and finger pin cushion to match! How did Sewnmom know that I have been trying to figure out the notions cup holder from one that was given to me. I've been measuring and trying to figure out the dimensions! Now I don't have to think so hard and I have the pattern. Hooray! and I'll have my little razor thread cutter to add to the pocket! Thank you so much sewnmom!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-250820.jpe  
    Old 09-03-2011, 07:48 AM
    Power Poster

Aren't those mug keepers sooo cute. And your little chickens are adorable. Great swap. Mary
    Old 09-03-2011, 08:55 AM

Really a neat package..
    Old 09-03-2011, 10:52 AM

cute chickens!!
    Old 09-03-2011, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21
    cute chickens!!
    They are! Update on July, Wanderingcreek has at last got her squishie.......... it only took the best part of 7 weeks to get there! I thought it would never arrive and had given up hoping.
    Old 09-03-2011, 01:46 PM

Here is a note from wandercreek to let us all know what is going on.

Hi Lori,
    Sorry that I have been out of touch for so long but things have not been going well with my mom. They have told us 4 times now to have the family get to the hospital as she won't make it through the night and then she does better for a few days. I have been at the hospital constantly since she was admitted and when not there I have been at my dad's house. He is taking this very hard and I am afraid I am going to lose both of them in a very short period of time. My dad has always had someone to look after him, first his mom and then my mom and can't look after himself. He can't cook or anything and since I am the only one not working it is all up to me. My sister finally agreed to help out so that I could come home for the weekend and see my daughter and grandson and get some stuff done at my house. My daughter called me yesterday and said I received 2 packages in the mail and was very surprised when I came home today and opened them. One was from an angel (Koko) and the other was from my secret pal for July (Tussy Mussy). It took forever but finally arrived although the packaging was a little damaged and it had been put into a clear bag by the po! Maybe that is why it took so long to get here. Now I am concerned that I received a package from an angel and also received my original package. I will be sending them both emails shortly and am trying to find my camera so that I can take pictures. What should I do about the angel package since my original package did show up? I'll tell you it was a wonderful way to get a little cheer in what has been a very trying time for me. I have not touched my quilting since the end of June with moving and it may be some time before I can get back to it with what is going on with my parents and I really miss it. Please let me know what to do about the second package. Thanks so much for your understanding,
    Rose
    Old 09-03-2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Here is a note from wandercreek to let us all know what is going on.

Hi Lori,
    Sorry that I have been out of touch for so long but things have not been going well with my mom. They have told us 4 times now to have the family get to the hospital as she won't make it through the night and then she does better for a few days. I have been at the hospital constantly since she was admitted and when not there I have been at my dad's house. He is taking this very hard and I am afraid I am going to lose both of them in a very short period of time. My dad has always had someone to look after him, first his mom and then my mom and can't look after himself. He can't cook or anything and since I am the only one not working it is all up to me. My sister finally agreed to help out so that I could come home for the weekend and see my daughter and grandson and get some stuff done at my house. My daughter called me yesterday and said I received 2 packages in the mail and was very surprised when I came home today and opened them. One was from an angel (Koko) and the other was from my secret pal for July (Tussy Mussy). It took forever but finally arrived although the packaging was a little damaged and it had been put into a clear bag by the po! Maybe that is why it took so long to get here. Now I am concerned that I received a package from an angel and also received my original package. I will be sending them both emails shortly and am trying to find my camera so that I can take pictures. What should I do about the angel package since my original package did show up? I'll tell you it was a wonderful way to get a little cheer in what has been a very trying time for me. I have not touched my quilting since the end of June with moving and it may be some time before I can get back to it with what is going on with my parents and I really miss it. Please let me know what to do about the second package. Thanks so much for your understanding,
    Rose
    We all have you in our thoughts and prayers as you experience this difficult time...

What to do with your second package - Enjoy it of course. There are no coincidences in life - it was meant to arrive when it did from an angel just for you whether you received your original package or not.
    Old 09-03-2011, 03:26 PM

Wandering creek, I am thinking of you too.
    Old 09-03-2011, 09:48 PM

Love those pot holders! Those are great!!!

Originally Posted by SLHughes
    Here is a pic of my wonderful swap package from JLMiller that I said I would post. Everything will be put to great use!!! Check out the homemade pot holders that were made out of jeans!!!