Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

• August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 09-04-2011, 05:10 PM
    Power Poster

Rosemary your just 8 yrs older than me. and my husband is 12 yrs older than I am. So I understand part of what your meaning. My husband is style very active.He cuts wood and builds fense etc. We live on a cattle farm and have cut way back on our cattle the last few years,His memorie is not very good since having 2 small strokes.He takes care of himself but I have to keep a eye on him.lol.Welcome to the swap and join in anytime.The more the merrier.Lots of fun good natured people here. It helps with keeping your sanity. Except for mean ole Lori.Don't tell her I said that.
    Old 09-04-2011, 05:12 PM

I received my package from TussyMussy on Friday and it was well worth waiting for. I received 3 Christmas fat quarters and 1 yard of white on white fabric. Also received a postcard and a lovely handwritten note. I loved the English Patchwork magazine which I will pass on. I can't wait to try the recipe for Toss in Fruit Cake....yes, I do love fruit cake! I love the mug caddy full of notions and the newspaper insert from The Mail of the Royal Wedding of Zara and Mike with comments on the different hats. Zara is Princess Anne's daughter and Queen Elizabeth's grand-daughter. I almost forgot the manicure set and the teabag and pen holder. I love everything.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-251564.jpe  
    Old 09-04-2011, 05:23 PM
    Power Poster

Very nice swap.She sends a good one every month.Cute snow man fabric.Cute mug caddy. I got the patternand I need to make some. Mary
    Old 09-05-2011, 09:06 AM

Yeah {{{hugs}}} to lauriejo i received my parcel today, or rather my hubby received it. I am still on holidays on the other side of the country but he let me know that it had arrived and also managed to take a pic. thanks so much Laurie, you are so special and i luvs ya heaps. Cant wait to get home to check out personally what i got, but what i can see from the pics it all looks great and i have been very spoilt. thanks again {{{hugs}}}

August secret pal - lauriejo :0)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]251851[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-251845.jpe  
    Old 09-05-2011, 10:29 AM
    Power Poster

Yeah Lauriejo you did very good!! Love the fabrics. picture is kinda small so my poor old eyes can't make it all out. Mary
    Old 09-05-2011, 10:45 AM

I'm so glad she finally got it, I was getting a little worried. The tracking hadn't been updated since it got to the sorting facility on the 19th. Now I can really focus on September!
    Old 09-05-2011, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
    I'm so glad she finally got it, I was getting a little worried. The tracking hadn't been updated since it got to the sorting facility on the 19th. Now I can really focus on September!
    I have the same problem with another Country and the International Postal Service and I are becoming friends or something like that. Glad to see yours made it and nice package too!
    Old 09-05-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by annt59
    I received my package from TussyMussy on Friday and it was well worth waiting for. I received 3 Christmas fat quarters and 1 yard of white on white fabric. Also received a postcard and a lovely handwritten note. I loved the English Patchwork magazine which I will pass on. I can't wait to try the recipe for Toss in Fruit Cake....yes, I do love fruit cake! I love the mug caddy full of notions and the newspaper insert from The Mail of the Royal Wedding of Zara and Mike with comments on the different hats. Zara is Princess Anne's daughter and Queen Elizabeth's grand-daughter. I almost forgot the manicure set and the teabag and pen holder. I love everything.
    I was getting a bit paranoid about the delivery of my swaps. Wandering Creek got her July one at the weekend, and yours seemed to be taking a long time. Phew, I can relax now. I am so glad that you like it. I really enjoyed putting it all together for you.
    Old 09-06-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Rosemary your just 8 yrs older than me. and my husband is 12 yrs older than I am. So I understand part of what your meaning. My husband is style very active.He cuts wood and builds fense etc. We live on a cattle farm and have cut way back on our cattle the last few years,His memorie is not very good since having 2 small strokes.He takes care of himself but I have to keep a eye on him.lol.Welcome to the swap and join in anytime.The more the merrier.Lots of fun good natured people here. It helps with keeping your sanity. Except for mean ole Lori.Don't tell her I said that.
    Hey!!!!! I just saw this!
    Old 09-06-2011, 01:25 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Hey!!!!! I just saw this!
    Uh Oh. Candi told me to say that.tee hee

:twisted: :oops: :oops: