Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

• August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 09-17-2011, 05:03 PM

Almost a month after I mailed both of my packages, one of them was returned to me today...pics attached...I will be taking to the post office and RESENDING for the THIRD time to FQ Stash Queen. I am sooo sorry...I am never late and never have had anything returned; let alone twice!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-258402.jpe   attachment-258403.jpe   attachment-258404.jpe  
    Old 09-17-2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21
    Almost a month after I mailed both of my packages, one of them was returned to me today...pics attached...I will be taking to the post office and RESENDING for the THIRD time to FQ Stash Queen. I am sooo sorry...I am never late and never have had anything returned; let alone twice!!
    Gotta love our mail service sometimes!
    I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with that--is there someone at the Post Office you can talk with to help you with this?
    Old 09-17-2011, 05:38 PM

Dang that bites! Hmm perhaps you should take it personally over to her? hehehe
    Old 09-17-2011, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Dang that bites! Hmm perhaps you should take it personally over to her? hehehe
    If it wasn't so far I might be tempted LOL...
    Old 09-17-2011, 05:48 PM

and THANK YOU to the angel that covered my butt!!
    Old 09-18-2011, 02:53 PM

i wonder if these problems are just from using the us postal system. i know when we mailed things internationally from my former employer (a global company), we never had these type delivery problems. but then we also used fed ex for our deliveries.

i will have to check fed ex's prices for the future if i plan to mail swap packages overseas.
    Old 09-18-2011, 02:55 PM

i found out also (the hard way) that if a package is stamped and over 13 ounces, you cannot put it in a mailbox, it must be handed to a clerk over the desk at the post office. i wasnt mailing internationally just here in the u.s. and my packages were pulled and sent back to me with the same blue sticky note.

i learned something new about mailing packages thru the postal system.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    i found out also (the hard way) that if a package is stamped and over 13 ounces, you cannot put it in a mailbox, it must be handed to a clerk over the desk at the post office. i wasnt mailing internationally just here in the u.s. and my packages were pulled and sent back to me with the same blue sticky note.

i learned something new about mailing packages thru the postal system.

in our post office here in texas, we have an automatic postal service station, you walk up to it, put your package on the scale, punch in the data, and it gives you the postage and then i put it in the mail 'drawer' (the boxes are too big for a slot!!)...have not had a problem yet...i thought these auto stations were common thru out the usa.......
    Old 09-18-2011, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    i wonder if these problems are just from using the us postal system. i know when we mailed things internationally from my former employer (a global company), we never had these type delivery problems. but then we also used fed ex for our deliveries.

i will have to check fed ex's prices for the future if i plan to mail swap packages overseas.
    Havplenty, when we first started having trouble I checked fed ex and UPS and their rates were ridiculous. Don't know if they've adjusted them lower or not, but one office I visited laughed at me for even considering them. If you find better information, I'd appreciate hearing about it, as my local offices aren't too big on chatting about informative topics--Strange the way they acted. :?: :?: Thank you!
    Old 09-18-2011, 04:46 PM

This package was given to the mail carrier along with the other package since I did two in August. My carrier said that it just couldn't be put in a mailbox...either take to clerk at office or give to your carrier....the other one was received and no problem...this one came back twice...first time they said not enough postage, even though it's a flat rate envelope!!!