Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

• August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-02-2011, 05:17 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by soniboo
    Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
    Ok so I go shopping today for that something special for my SP. I hit all my fav spots to shop......CAN'T find anything...... @#*#@*&%@*. Any other time I can find this particular thing everywhere but just cause I AM looking for it.......so after much frustration and a few other things to add to her pkg I got home and made her something.... :-)
    It's gonna be a humm dinger of a pkg so hope she likes it.

Oh and by the way somewhere in the above is a hint about something my SP likes and thats all I'm gonna say about that..
    I know! I know! I had to go back and read it a second time but I got the hint! Rats, it's not me :(
    Must be dense this morning, I don't get it:x ,haven't finished my cup of tea yet, I should come back to read this later.
    Myrna, anyone getting any of your handmade items is a lucky one.
    Not sure, but is the clue in humm dinger?
    :?: hmmmmm, maybe :?:
    Old 08-02-2011, 05:27 AM

hmmm, I have been snooping and if I am not wrong, I do believe my SP is a newbie at least to this swap :thumbup: ..This is going to be so much fun 8-) ...I will never forget my first SP package, it was like Christmas...
    Old 08-02-2011, 06:58 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
    Ok so I go shopping today for that something special for my SP. I hit all my fav spots to shop......CAN'T find anything...... @#*#@*&%@*. Any other time I can find this particular thing everywhere but just cause I AM looking for it.......so after much frustration and a few other things to add to her pkg I got home and made her something.... :-)
    It's gonna be a humm dinger of a pkg so hope she likes it.

Oh and by the way somewhere in the above is a hint about something my SP likes and thats all I'm gonna say about that..
    I know! I know! I had to go back and read it a second time but I got the hint! Rats, it's not me :(
    Must be dense this morning, I don't get it:x ,haven't finished my cup of tea yet, I should come back to read this later.
    Myrna, anyone getting any of your handmade items is a lucky one.
    Not sure, but is the clue in humm dinger?
    I didn't find it either.Ever since candi said 3 of us loved fabric everyone is jumping on the band wagon.I think they are just saying that so they can get our fabric!! lol. My pal likes fabric and chocolate and does quilting! Guess who it is??? Mary
    Old 08-02-2011, 07:03 AM

[

Not sure, but is the clue in humm dinger?[/quote] I didn't find it either.Ever since candi said 3 of us loved fabric everyone is jumping on the band wagon.I think they are just saying that so they can get our fabric!! lol. My pal likes fabric and chocolate and does quilting! Guess who it is??? Mary[/quote]

Me???? :lol:
    Old 08-02-2011, 07:28 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    My pal likes fabric and chocolate and does quilting! Guess who it is??? Mary
    Well, I know who it ISN'T ... but I think it's me!
    Oh. No. Forget that.
    I don't like fabric.
    :-P
    Old 08-02-2011, 07:46 AM

I sure wish I had known how hard it is to hand embroider letters before I started it on this mug rug, geez.... had to pull out the "W" at least 4 times
    Old 08-02-2011, 07:58 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by mimom
    I sure wish I had known how hard it is to hand embroider letters before I started it on this mug rug, geez.... had to pull out the "W" at least 4 times
    Good cause you had the "M" upside down! Mary
    Old 08-02-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21
    YAY...Candi's back :) missed you!!
    Thanks, Brenda.
    Now, where is your package going? Somewhere in Florida, by any chance? Of course I am only asking to check on soniboo;s package :mrgreen: :lol:
    :lol: :lol: :lol: ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol: thanks for looking out for me candi :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 08-02-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Donna H-M
    So being new to this, I'm guessing you DON'T tell your pal when it's in the mail?

Thanks.........I picked up my gift today at my LQS and think I will make something to go along with it, like everyone else, maybe a mug rug. My pal loves coffee. :thumbup:

No, you PM LORI when you mail it and your SP doesn't know who you are until she/he receives your pkg. Be sure to enclose a note or card so your SP knows your name/boardname. :D
    Old 08-02-2011, 09:02 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Donna H-M
    So being new to this, I'm guessing you DON'T tell your pal when it's in the mail?

Thanks.........I picked up my gift today at my LQS and think I will make something to go along with it, like everyone else, maybe a mug rug. My pal loves coffee. :thumbup:

No, you PM LORI when you mail it and your SP doesn't know who you are until she/he receives your pkg. Be sure to enclose a note or card so your SP knows your name/boardname. :D
    It's always nice to get a swap with a card saying who it is from.At least with a screenname signed on it. That way you can thank whoever sent it with a PM and let Lori know you recieved it. Also then you can leave feedback for your pal. Most of my swaps have had a card with a few lines written to me explaining who it is from and maybe a nice little message from them. It doesn't have to be a long note or letter.I usually say who I am and maybe say why I sent a certain item. such as thanksgiving fabric in June. My pal said that was her favorite holiday. Remember you got a list of their likes and dislikes and a brief history on them.So send a note to give a little history on you.Then when you post something we kinda know a little about you. Just making new friends.These are just some hopefully helpful suggestions. Mary