Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

• August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-12-2011, 04:30 AM

Wow! Some great pkgs being delivered. Can't wait, SP your pkg should be there today!

Processed through Sort Facility
    August 11, 2011, 2:21 pm
    KANSAS CITY, KS 66106

Expected Delivery By:
    August 11, 2011
    Delivery Confirmation™

August 10, 2011, 11:30 pm
    KANSAS CITY, KS 66106

August 09, 2011, 9:44 pm
    PENSACOLA, FL 32522

Acceptance
    August 09, 2011, 9:13 am
    CRESTVIEW, FL 32539
    Old 08-12-2011, 05:51 AM

I am right there with ya!!! Wonderful Wonderful packages!!!! I am getting so excited now waiting for mine also!!!

Originally Posted by mscupid804
    WOW! What GREAT pkgs ladies! Makes me even more anxious waiting for mine!!!!!!
    :thumbup:
    Old 08-12-2011, 05:55 AM

Well, my package is on its way to my SP..She has not posted on this thread but she does post on the board..I think this is also her first SP swap :thumbup: ..She should get it by wed..if not sooner..Its going northwest of me..
    Old 08-12-2011, 06:01 AM
    Power Poster

really nice packages. Love the embroidered mug rugs. They bring back memories of dish towels my mama had.Mary
    Old 08-12-2011, 06:06 AM
    Power Poster

I just received my SP package from Sue "skaduzy". And, what an AWESOME job she did. Everything was focused on my favorite color and collection. I received a fantastic cup and saucer for my collection, the prettiest mug rug which she made (in purple), a yard of purple (favorite color) butterfly fabric, three purple fat quarters, two large pads trimmed in purple, a purple and green pen, sewing machine needles, a new seam ripper (my favorite friend) a spool of Guttermanns thread, 4 packages of special tea, a star shaped post it pad, a pattern for a tote bag, a pewter angel note or index recipe card holder and a darling note. Sue, to answer your question about antique machines, my DH and I collect them and have about 33 machines. (7 are Featherweights). We also have an 1852 Baker and Gibbs treadle, which I love.
    Thank you so much for everything you did. My SP package will be mailed this weekend.

My great SP package for August
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]240486[/ATTACH]

Needs to be refurbished but works
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]240487[/ATTACH]

This is the coffin lid cabinet which is Walnut
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]240488[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-240480.jpe   attachment-240481.jpe   attachment-240482.jpe  
    Old 08-12-2011, 06:15 AM

Did anyone else who has mailed their package have a change in the postal (postage) amount? When I mailed mine today she weighed it, which was unusual since it was a flat rate box..Than the amount I had to pay was different..It was almost 4.00 less than I usually pay..Which is good :thumbup:
    Old 08-12-2011, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
    Did anyone else who has mailed their package have a change in the postal (postage) amount? When I mailed mine today she weighed it, which was unusual since it was a flat rate box..Than the amount I had to pay was different..It was almost 4.00 less than I usually pay..Which is good :thumbup:
    I received a kit in the mail from our friendly USPS. The rates did change depending on where you send your packages. IE - within the same district so to speak. I basically threw it away, however, since most of my packages travel across country to my family. But if you stay within a certain range/distance - Ex CA to OR or WA, etc, the rates have dropped. So instead of the same rate for long distance as short distance, you catch a break. In turn, though, I heard they are thinking of laying off 120,000 USPS workers - the unfortunate way of cutting costs. That may explain the reason for your drop in cost. What a nice surprise you received, huh? Happy weekend. SharonAnne
    Old 08-12-2011, 06:28 AM

I received a very nice note from islandwiz1 who did receive my package even tho she doesn't seem to be posting here, thereby missing at least half the fun! She was kinda puzzled by the eyebrow trimmer tho. We decided that the next time we're in her neck of the woods we'd try to get together, cool.
    Old 08-12-2011, 06:34 AM

[

I received a kit in the mail from our friendly USPS. The rates did change depending on where you send your packages. IE - within the same district so to speak. I basically threw it away, however, since most of my packages travel across country to my family. But if you stay within a certain range/distance - Ex CA to OR or WA, etc, the rates have dropped. So instead of the same rate for long distance as short distance, you catch a break. In turn, though, I heard they are thinking of laying off 120,000 USPS workers - the unfortunate way of cutting costs. That may explain the reason for your drop in cost. What a nice surprise you received, huh? Happy weekend. SharonAnne[/quote]

That is probably what it was..The package is really not going that far from me..Just a few states away..That is so sad about them laying off people..I hope that things turn around soon and people can get their jobs back..
    Old 08-12-2011, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by thomp116
    Originally Posted by candi
    Thomp, that millkyway is just Calling my name really loud,lol.

Great packages have been flying around, thanks all for sharing pictures of them.
    Hiding that candy in the cupboard!
    Aw, come one, it a big one, surely you can share a little piece :mrgreen: Ppplease!!!!!