Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

• August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-12-2011, 09:52 AM

Did you send it priority mail or parcel post ? Wow that's alot of money. No wonder the post office is not doing well these days.
    Originally Posted by jillnjo
    Yep, for me it was 11 dollars the cheapest way!! I swallowed hard and bit the bullet and sent it. The lady said it costs a lot more to send the distance my package had to go. I admit, it makes me a bit iffy about doing it every month, but it was FUN!!
    Old 08-12-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by kimscruzer
    Did you send it priority mail or parcel post ? Wow that's alot of money. No wonder the post office is not doing well these days.
    Yep, for me it was 11 dollars the cheapest way!! I swallowed hard and bit the bullet and sent it. The lady said it costs a lot more to send the distance my package had to go. I admit, it makes me a bit iffy about doing it every month, but it was FUN!!
    Priority mail and the 70 cents for delivery comfirmation. I'd love to know if there is a better(cheaper)way! I used the box that Lori said to use in an earlier post. My postal lady said I used the cheapest way....
    Old 08-12-2011, 10:03 AM

well, I am heading to Post office again . I will let you know my outcome $$$$$. I see where are kind of neighbors ! My parents live in Holton Indiana.
    Old 08-12-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by kimscruzer
    well, I am heading to Post office again . I will let you know my outcome $$$$$. I see where are kind of neighbors ! My parents live in Holton Indiana.
    Good luck!! I live in northern In.
    Old 08-12-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by Terryl
    Originally Posted by sik1010
    Wow, scrolling through all the pictures of the packages makes me want to go shopping! Great packages, everyone!
    Good idea Candi, I'll go shopping with you; want to meet half way?
    But if you're stalking, can you take a break? Is Terryl still helping you?
    Well, Sarah, we can leave Robyn in charge, she doesn't seem like she likes fabric shopping ( :mrgreen: ), and we can go.
    Terryl, one of my LQS has a 25% sale on everything in stock until Monday, wanna come up? :D
    Yep, I wanna come unfortunately one of my challenges this week is a car that won't start :thumbdown: Was working just fine yesterday morning/evening worked both jobs went back to salon for a late client, ready to leave 9:00 pouring down rain, get in car, won't start :evil: :evil: try & try, nothing, call friend to see if I can borrow his car to go home in he's agreeable, try to start car just once more, miracle it starts!!! Go home thinking I just didn't have car all the way in park last nite, get in this morning, need to take kitty to vet, he's limping like his right hip is out, car won't start :hunf: :hunf: had to call DH to come get me, don't take kitty to vet, had to borrow same friend from last nite's car to come to second job today, DH says he'll take the battery out tonite and have it tested, but he doesn't think it's the battery, now my car isn't quite 2 years old yet so it may still be under warranty in case it's not the battery, gonna call dealer right now to find out. So if you don't mind could you just shop for me this time and next time I'll be there?
    Oh, my friend, I am so sorry for your troubles. I hate car problems. Hope it is still under warranty and you can get it fixed soon. If you weren't that far, I would have driven around, and hope kitty feels well soon.

And sure, I'll shop for you.
    (((Hugs))))
    Well, if we can't meet halfway, then I'll go shopping too, but it won't be as much fun by myself. Sorry about the car and kitty Terryl--hope both are good as new soon. Candi, you can pick me up a few things while you're shopping and I'll look for something for you???
    Old 08-12-2011, 10:17 AM

Wow, scrolling through all the pictures of the packages makes me want to go shopping! Great packages, everyone!
    Well, Sarah, we can leave Robyn in charge, she doesn't seem like she likes fabric shopping ( :mrgreen: ), and we can go.
    Terryl, one of my LQS has a 25% sale on everything in stock until Monday, wanna come up? :D
    Booo, I wanna go shopping too. See if you get any Milkways now...lol
    Old 08-12-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Booo, I wanna go shopping too. See if you get any Milkways now...lol
    Now, now, let's turn that frown upside down, I'm certain they have stores in Arizona that you can go to, and I just came up with an EXCELLENT (if I say so myself) idea, we could all go to the store of our choice at the same time and it would practically be like all shopping together!!! Let's choose a day and a time, who's in? I'll start by saying I can go tomorrow say after 1:00 PM eastern time, (so my car will/may be fixed) Candi what's a good time for you? Sarah are you on central time? Arizona girl is this too early for you?
    Old 08-12-2011, 10:40 AM

Yep, for me it was 11.50 the cheapest way!! I swallowed hard and bit the bullet and sent it. The lady said it costs a lot more to send the distance my package had to go. I admit, it makes me a bit iffy about doing it every month, but it was FUN!!
    Normally, my packages run almost 14.00 to mail..that is using the medium size flat rate box (priority mail flat rate box)..this time it was 4.00 cheaper..I am wondering if just regular mailing (bubble wrapped) envelopes are cheaper to use?
    Old 08-12-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
    Yep, for me it was 11.50 the cheapest way!! I swallowed hard and bit the bullet and sent it. The lady said it costs a lot more to send the distance my package had to go. I admit, it makes me a bit iffy about doing it every month, but it was FUN!!
    Normally, my packages run almost 14.00 to mail..that is using the medium size flat rate box (priority mail flat rate box)..this time it was 4.00 cheaper..I am wondering if just regular mailing (bubble wrapped) envelopes are cheaper to use?
    No, they are not. I had one with me and we tried both ways-box was cheaper.
    Old 08-12-2011, 10:43 AM

My shipping always runs around $10-12.00. I use a regular box and not the post office priority. It's usually 3 or so dollars more to ship Priority. I figure it like this. We only spend 10.00 on the goodies. Right now I can afford the twenty or so dollars a month to have fun. :)