Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm CST >
  • August Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm CST

• August Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-17-2014, 12:03 AM

I was lucky enough to have sewdamncute for my SP again. Darlene is always so generous to me - a sort of poor Scottish relation .

As you can see, she made me a little sewing kit with needle keeper, needles, clips, thimble, needle threaders, Thread Heaven and a fantastic pair of Gingher scissors which are hugely expensive here (as is everything, lol). There's also a great zippered pouch she made to keep it all together - wonderful.

The two stuffed animals are for Fergus - although he doesn't deserve them. The little hand sanitiser on the key ring is a replacement for the one Darlene made me last Christmas which he ate............

In addition, there's a set of 18 Madeira threads which is the kind I use for appliqué. A fantastic parcel. Once again, thank you for your kindness and generosity.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]487916[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]487917[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_1119.jpg   img_1124.jpg  
    Old 08-17-2014, 04:58 AM

I love thle one with the cat...so cute and the orange one with the flowers, (what do you call those things)....brain dead this AM, too early LOL
    Old 08-17-2014, 09:02 AM

Check out the great stuff Krynstyna sent me. The plastic bags contain ribbon yarn for making the twirly scarves. Now that I have instructions from Utube, can't wait to try them. The book will serve me well on my trip this week. Everything else has been consumed happily by my sewing room. Lots of patterns to look thru and videos to watch, chocoloate to hide from DH (MY guilty pleasure). Thread variety will be fun to play with (usually just use white or gray since that's all I had). Thank you so much for a great assortment!

BYW -- not your soap the dog stole, and she's fine.
    Attached Thumbnails 018.jpg   019.jpg   020.jpg   022.jpg  
    Old 08-17-2014, 09:04 AM

And yes, she did make that bright table runner -- great for Halloween for those of us who like the non=traditional colors.
    Old 08-17-2014, 09:07 AM

... and speaking of the newest "rescue" -- She has decided to join the Quilt Police Force. And I couldn't figure out at first why I was getting so much drag while trying to quilt the latest ...
    Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg   007.jpg  
    Old 08-17-2014, 09:18 AM

Hi Everybody!

Just wanted to let my pal know my package is going out Monday (and I let our amazing hostess know that I was a day late mailing). Dad was kind enough to drive me across town, as all of the places I usually shop are either closed, or heavily depleted in stock due to the recent looting and he didn't want me going out by myself as I would have to go near areas where protests and such are still going on. Pal, your most wanted item was hard to find, but I managed to get some of it! Now to start getting some things sewn for next month!
    Old 08-17-2014, 10:18 AM
    Swap Hosts

Be careful, Quiltingdragon! What a sad state of affairs for your area.

Lori, Iowa sure has some tough competition! Glad you got to the fair. Will be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow. Good luck, Slim!

Nancy, love your new rescue. I think you're turning into an animal hoarder! As for the table runner, Nancy sent me a generous amount of the print fabric a while back. I personally think it looks like Mardi Gras, not Halloween, but ... to each her own.

Back to my seam ripper and the DP9 that I sewed together wrong. *sigh*
    Old 08-17-2014, 10:33 AM

Received my pkg. from Belfrybat on Saturday and it was packed with from really neat items. I especially like the stilletto. She also sent me a spool of Superior thread which arrived a few days ago because it was ordered thru e-bay. I unfortunately forgot to add it to the items when I took pictures. Can't wait to start on the book, but I have one started and need to finish that one first.[ATTACH=CONFIG]487966[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]487967[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]487968[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails aug-sspw-1.jpg   aug-spw-2.jpg   aug-sps-3.jpg  
    Old 08-17-2014, 02:43 PM

Default I am trying this again!

I posted this message from my cell phone, but I would not let me add pictures!

Thank you Mandie!
    I received a nice package from Mandie this month. It had fabric, a book , patterns, pins, my favorite candy, a sweet sewing kit, a seam ripper set, embellishment charms, and appliqués. I really love the bird fabric and plan to use it for something special!

Thanks again, Mandie!

P. S. I know something you don't know!
    Attached Thumbnails august-secret-pal-mandie.jpg   augustsecret-pal-swap-3.jpg  
    Old 08-17-2014, 04:33 PM

LOVE the BEAGLE PHOTOS assisting in sewing. Our critters MUST be in our presence While we sew, craft, quilt, garden, bake , eat dinner!!!! I have one kitty who always decides to hop up onto my sewing table eveytime I sit down to work on a project....