Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up >
  • Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

• Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Old 01-24-2018, 03:06 PM

I cut & pasted Feb BD addys from Barb then PMd them to TrishB. Hope this helps.
    hugs,
    dj
    Old 01-24-2018, 03:19 PM

Hi everyone. I haven't opened my candy packages yet because I am still waiting for my candy package from Redstillettos. Thanks everyone for the candy!
    Old 01-24-2018, 05:35 PM

Thank you Barb and djmat for the February addresses.
    Old 01-25-2018, 04:27 AM

SheriR's Birthday Candy

1/23 - CLMay
    1/24 - DJMat
    Old 01-25-2018, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by redstilettos
    I have so many candies left from this swap, I am still on the fence whether to join again or not.

I wonder if I would have to count the purchase or fabric for this swap as my 2018 goal of using more than I buy LOL
    Oh Red, don't go! You are not suppose to buy for the swap (these pieces are small). Can't you use your scraps, small leftover pieces and fat quarters? Just share what you got. I know it is harder to count when all 35 gals don't get the same group of candies....but the variety is what makes the swap special. Also, it is not much fun when you put 10 of the same candies in your project...and with a swap like this, you keep one candy and trade for 9 different ones. There are so many great scrappy patterns out there....I think I might try "wonky stars" next. Jenner8r has joined our group for the next year and she is a master of scrappy quilts. I'm sure she will gladly share some of her creative ideas. I have been working on our Birdie quilt and am almost done using this years candies, you will find one you love too. And, personally, I hope you stay,.....I love your sense of humor! Jane
    Old 01-25-2018, 05:12 AM

aborning: Yours was mailed....and then returned, because with working the hours I have been working the last several weeks, I put your name and only part of your address on the envelope ((very embarrassed blush here)). I remailed on Monday. I truly apologize. Please let me know when you receive.

Hugs!
    Old 01-25-2018, 05:15 AM

Awe Jane, thanks for that. Melted my heart.

My only concern is I wasn't smart enough to tag what was already swapped. I would hate to repeat something to the gals that were here last year. Hm....still tempted. Not sure. I'm going north to our cottage this weekend *(where my sewing studio/room/cave is) so I will take a peek and see what I have there and decide by Monday or so.

Gotta say, this board has been fun to read through. And people's suggestions are always great. It's why I keep coming back to this site

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter
    Oh Red, don't go! You are not suppose to buy for the swap (these pieces are small). Can't you use your scraps, small leftover pieces and fat quarters? Just share what you got. I know it is harder to count when all 35 gals don't get the same group of candies....but the variety is what makes the swap special. Also, it is not much fun when you put 10 of the same candies in your project...and with a swap like this, you keep one candy and trade for 9 different ones. There are so many great scrappy patterns out there....I think I might try "wonky stars" next. Jenner8r has joined our group for the next year and she is a master of scrappy quilts. I'm sure she will gladly share some of her creative ideas. I have been working on our Birdie quilt and am almost done using this years candies, you will find one you love too. And, personally, I hope you stay,.....I love your sense of humor! Jane
    Old 01-25-2018, 04:34 PM

Good gracious with the number of little 2.5 in squares who is going to remember. Stay with us and send what ever you want. You know, we will use them, we always do.
    Old 01-25-2018, 04:54 PM

SheriR's Birthday Candy

1/23 - CLMay
    1/24 - DJMat
    1/25 - AnnieQuilts
    JuanitaBean
    Kele
    barbarakibler23
    Moonrise
    MizMelly
    Old 01-25-2018, 05:37 PM

got candies today from:Annie Quilts,Moonrise,Kele,Barb Kibler,oldcatlady,and sunrise 450. Thanks ladies.I will open all on Birthday!