Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up >
  • Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

• Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Old 03-21-2017, 06:06 PM

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!! I had a lovely day. WMUTeach, I got your candies yesterday, right on time! Thank you.
    Old 03-21-2017, 06:11 PM

Now that I have received almost all the candies, here are the recommendations I have: definitely tape the outside edges for reinforcement. I got three that were ripped, but all the contents were there. (I was surprised about one because the whole side edge was ripped.) Also, mail the first ones at the post office just to be sure of postage. I got one COD. No worries, it was only 21 cents : ) . The postage on them was all different, depending on the packing style. Thanks for all the lovely cards and extras, as well. Now it's my turn to start mailing!
    Old 03-21-2017, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by mrshalibut
    Now that I have received almost all the candies, here are the recommendations I have: definitely tape the outside edges for reinforcement. I got three that were ripped, but all the contents were there. (I was surprised about one because the whole side edge was ripped.) Also, mail the first ones at the post office just to be sure of postage. I got one COD. No worries, it was only 21 cents : ) . The postage on them was all different, depending on the packing style. Thanks for all the lovely cards and extras, as well. Now it's my turn to start mailing!

By taping the outside edges, do you mean all four sides of the envelope? And with scotch tape?
    Old 03-21-2017, 08:36 PM

Redstilettos, Sunrise450, and Nelco - Your Birthday cards and charms have were mailed today, hope you enjoy them!
    I use a small mailer with tape on back to cover the brad. Most birthday card envelops are so thin these days!
    hugs,
    dj
    Old 03-22-2017, 04:42 AM

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!! I had a lovely day. WMUTeach, I got your candies yesterday, right on time! Thank you.
    HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY!!! I was traveling to New Jersey yesterday to visit my daughter ❤️️

I've scanned the posts but don't see you've received from me.... it was mailed out March 10th. It's odd sized. You can't miss it. (In my house you're the Birthday Princess until you stop receiving gifts!
    Old 03-22-2017, 01:55 PM

Happy Birthday cards and charms were mailed to Red Stilettos, Nelco, and Sunrise450 today! Look for the pink flowers on the envelope, so no peeking inside!
    Old 03-23-2017, 04:00 AM

Also, mail the first ones at the post office just to be sure of postage. I got one COD. No worries, it was only 21 cents : ) . The postage on them was all different, depending on the packing style. Thanks for all the lovely cards and extras, as well. Now it's my turn to start mailing!
    Oh Mrs. Halibut...was that mine? I did it through the mail room at work....hoping they calculated it properly!

I have also decided to do something a little different with the rest of the b'day crew.....so you might be seeing something else coming your way *wink*
    Chris
    Old 03-23-2017, 06:55 AM

Yeah! Hope your day was wonderful!
    Old 03-23-2017, 07:07 AM

Ok MrsHalibut, now that you have had the best birthday ever......what are your plans for all those little buddies. Please don't tell us you are holding them prisoners in a box somewhere. (sing "Let my people go")
    Old 03-23-2017, 07:27 AM

Finally back from Florida and I am mailing my candies to the three April birthday ladies today!!