Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP >
  • BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP

• BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP

Old 05-31-2009, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    Originally Posted by JoanneS
    Ah Ha :x Pictures help find mistakes. I spotted a square with stripes the 'wrong' way (which I'll fix :lol: ) - 2nd row of blocks from bottom, 1st block on left, bottom left square.
    Isn't it amazing how things you don't see in person show up in pictures? I saw it but personally I would leave it alone. :lol: I would be fine with it but don't know how particular others might be.
    I'm too obsessive compulsive to send it like that to a swap :evil: My own worst enemy :twisted:
    Old 05-31-2009, 10:30 PM

JoanneS,
    Your B&W blocks turned out great!!
    I sure hope I will get one of them too.
    This is just to much fun!!
    :D :D :D :D
    Old 06-01-2009, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
    Did you fold up your blocks or is the envelope big enough to keep them flat?

I"ll have to go by the PO and check them out.
    The one I have may be the biggest one at 9 1/2 by 12 1/2.
    I folded my blocks in half and the mailing envelope that is coming back to me...and mailed it:)It arrived just fine-Skeat
    Old 06-01-2009, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    Ah Ha :x Pictures help find mistakes. I spotted a square with stripes the 'wrong' way (which I'll fix :lol: ) - 2nd row of blocks from bottom, 1st block on left, bottom left square.
    Isn't it amazing how things you don't see in person show up in pictures? I saw it but personally I would leave it alone. :lol: I would be fine with it but don't know how particular others might be.
    I'd be fine w/it....don't fret over the small stuff:)Just say you did it on purpose showing a person that likes to not take the path of others....I would have believed it!LOL Skeat
    Old 06-01-2009, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Skeat
    Originally Posted by susiequilt
    I'm down to my last 2 blocks to make and I just found the most perfect fabric to use for that block instead of what I used. :cry: Don't you just hate that? Not that there's anything wrong with the blocks as they are but they would have been so much prettier. Oh well, I'll just have to think of another use for that fabric. Soon comes the hard part: labeling all those blocks!

Very pretty block MadeinMaine!
    :D
    What about the border on 'your' quilt??:)Just a thought....Skeat(or just stop the frustration and send it on over here!)LOL
    Good ideas OR ...... I could just use them to make another set!
    I need either 74 or 84 for what I want to do with them. It looks like colletta will be getting at least 84 sets so that is a very real possibility. Still have a month to go although most of the free time I had is now gone but I bet I could squeeze in another set in a month.

I didn't sleep well last night so went and looked at all the pictures again! It's going to be great making something with all those great blocks. Keep up the good work everyone. I may have to use the large flat rate box to mail all of these!
    Old 06-01-2009, 05:08 AM

I'm debating a third set this weekend, maybe log cabins, since I've been informed I'm going to be a golf widow for the weekend. Such a pity to have more time to sew... oh, no... wait!

And then theres the problem that I dont have the fabric for them so I'll have to make an extra visit to the LQS...

Old 06-01-2009, 05:14 AM

SazuBMidlands send me your addy so I can send a sympathy card for all of your bad luck. HAHA
    Old 06-01-2009, 05:30 AM

I finished my 1st set of blocks - instead of Wild Geese, I'm calling it Tamed Zebra. I'm REALLY tired of HSTs. I'm doing another set of 12 using the zebra stripe fabric, but with paper-piecing. It will have a Wild Geese theme WITHOUT HSTs.
    When you make HSTs with a striped fabric, you wind of with about 1/2 in one direction, and the rest in the other direction.
    This is the first time I've attached a picture - hope it works!
    I wouldn't blame you for being tired of HSTs, but your blocks do look great!
    Old 06-01-2009, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by SazuBMidlands
    I'm debating a third set this weekend, maybe log cabins, since I've been informed I'm going to be a golf widow for the weekend. Such a pity to have more time to sew... oh, no... wait!
    That is my favorite sewing time! Although lately I've been a soccer widow (the fiance refs soccer), which works too. :D
    Old 06-01-2009, 06:08 AM

I finished my 1st set of blocks - instead of Wild Geese, I'm calling it Tamed Zebra. I'm REALLY tired of HSTs. I'm doing another set of 12 using the zebra stripe fabric, but with paper-piecing. It will have a Wild Geese theme WITHOUT HSTs.
    When you make HSTs with a striped fabric, you wind of with about 1/2 in one direction, and the rest in the other direction.
    This is the first time I've attached a picture - hope it works!
    I like your block and I I think it adds to the interest of the quilt with the sripes going in different directions. I have some zebra fabric and some with dots that go in lines and they go in different directions. I just placed them in directions that I liked.