Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 12 *short & sweet* sign-ups CLOSED >
  • Boom 12 *short & sweet* sign-ups CLOSED

• Boom 12 *short & sweet* sign-ups CLOSED

Old 03-13-2014, 06:27 PM

Im a little confused. We send 2 F8s, same or different fabric...then when we receive others 2 F8's each we make them 2 blocks of our choice (their color choices) and send them back to Janice? In 4 weeks?? So that might be 24 blocks in 4 weeks...6 per week? That would really be pushing it for me since I work and babysit grandkids at least one night a week ...5 or 6 weeks maybe?? Im still up for whatever!! Call me crazy...along with the rest of you LOL
    Old 03-14-2014, 01:05 AM

I'm thinking 6 weeks might be a more doable time line for that many blocks. As always though, I'll go with the majority.
    Old 03-14-2014, 03:07 AM

Default One block, 4 weeks, let's go!

Good morning ladies, I'm preparing an email for everyone but want to post here, too. The response to my (not so brilliant) idea about making 2 blocks fell a bit flat so let's move on and get started with our 'mini-boom' Short & Sweet: 4 weeks, ONE block, same rules as Boom 11! We've got 12 people so we'll all make 11 blocks. Please get your FAT eighths ready to mail to me. The hard deadline for F8s "in my hands" is March 31. If they all arrive sooner, I'll send them out to you sooner!

i'll ask PatriceJ to shut down this thread and i'll email you with the new Boom 12 dedicated thread. Be looking for more info by email this morning! Thanks and let's get started!

Janice McC
    Old 03-14-2014, 07:23 AM

Janice I got your e-mail and you are asking that they be in your hands by March 31st and you want them back by April 30th. This means we will have about 2 weeks to make blocks by the time we get fabric back from you and then time for us to mail the completed ones back. The last set I mailed to you took 6 days to get there. By your dates we'll have about 2 weeks to make blocks, is this right?
    Old 03-14-2014, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by jaba
    Janice I got your e-mail and you are asking that they be in your hands by March 31st and you want them back by April 30th. This means we will have about 2 weeks to make blocks by the time we get fabric back from you and then time for us to mail the completed ones back. The last set I mailed to you took 6 days to get there. By your dates we'll have about 2 weeks to make blocks, is this right?
    I was thinking the same thing. Can we make the return date by May 15 so that we've actually got a full 4 weeks to work on them?
    Old 03-14-2014, 08:45 AM

I appreciate the feedback! Let's go with a date of 5/10 then, the date your completed blocks are due to me. Our group is smaller, 12 or 13 (I've just had a last minute request to join but am waiting for all contact info today) not 16 as originally planned. That means we are making only 11 (or 12) blocks. Our adjusted time frame would be as follows:

F8s in my hands, 3/31 (sooner if you can manage it)
    I mail to you by 4/2 (4/1 if at all possible)
    Completed blocks back in my hands by 5/10 (or sooner)
    I mail your completed blocks by 5/12

That's over 4 weeks to make 11 or 12 blocks, a completely do-able 3 blocks a week. Originally, I had been trying to make this fit that gap of time before the end of Boom 11. Also, my thinking had been that for those of you in Boom 11 S&E, I could have combined shipping and sent you both sets of blocks at the same time. In any case, I'll push the "in my hands" date back to 5/10.

I should know whether our final person joins by first thing tomorrow morning. Either way, I'll send an email with our final tally tomorrow and our new timeline, both of which will be firm. I hope this suits everyone a bit better. I don't mind altering dates for you all a bit since we're a small group but in a large group, it's impossible to suit everyone perfectly. (It was also brought to my attention that I failed to send my contact info. Will rectify that in tomorrow's email.)

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser
    I was thinking the same thing. Can we make the return date by May 15 so that we've actually got a full 4 weeks to work on them?
    Old 03-14-2014, 05:46 PM

I've got all my fabric cut, printing the notes as I type, and will be mailing tomorrow along with my S&E boom blocks (2-fer-1 mailing! Woo!)
    Old 03-15-2014, 02:04 AM

I forgot all about this... till the next boom.
    Old 03-15-2014, 04:51 AM

Default Sign-ups closed - here's our group and final dates!

Good morning!
    Our group is set at 13 members:

Annt59
    ArizonaKAT
    Bluelady
    Jaba
    Janice McC
    joanelizbay
    KatsKidinWI
    Libster
    Marcialee
    Mosher92
    Moonrise
    Terriamn
    Themamahauser

our dates are as noted in this thread yesterday:

F8s in my hands, 3/31 (sooner if you can manage it)
    I mail to you by 4/2 (4/1 if at all possible)
    Completed blocks back in my hands by 5/10 (or sooner)
    I mail your completed blocks by 5/12

An email has been sent to everyone and i'll set up a new dedicated thread for Short & Sweet later today.

When mailing your F8s, be sure to send me tracking info to [email protected] as soon as you get it. Thank you!
    Old 03-15-2014, 06:39 AM

Welcome, Mosher92 to our group. We love talking and showing pictures of our blocks. My F8s are ready to mail. Our post office isn't open on Saturday so I'll try to get mine out on Monday, weather permitting. We're expecting sleet and/or freezing rain Monday into Tuesday. As soon as I can get there safely, they'll be on their way to Janice.