Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group >
  • Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group

• Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group

Old 07-08-2014, 02:40 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but talent is when you do something right the first time and it looks good? I on the other hand had to re-do this several times because the pieces were so small. Just a word of advice on doing one like this, when working with curves, make a larger block. LOL But I wanted this design so I hung in there until I got it.

The flames with the peppers just had to be, nothing else really made it work like the flames. Oh and I love hot peppers so that is a good to go one for me.

I'm having so much fun with all these blocks, so you never know what I'm going to come up with next. The hardest blocks for me are the ones with only 2 colors but I'm working on that.

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
    seesaw2 - wow - love all the blocks. and those flames with the peppers - too cool!! great creativity. and I love my drunkards path - so talented.
    Old 07-08-2014, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch
    I'm having so much fun with all these blocks, so you never know what I'm going to come up with next. The hardest blocks for me are the ones with only 2 colors but I'm working on that.
    I had a difficult time in my first BOM with using only two colors. This one I am working on them more to stretch myself. And after seeing so many great two color blocks I have to keep working at it!
    Old 07-08-2014, 05:28 PM

I'm all done with the 2 month group, had kids and families home for 10 days over the 4th. 12 extra people in the house, all gone yesterday, beds changed and all the towels, etc. washed and put away. Now I think I have my groove back and have started making blocks for this group. Today seasaw2mch, gaijin, travelinggramma, and billi. Hope these will work ladies.
    katskiddin I read your note and am I reading it right???you want another print with your print? please advise...[ATTACH=CONFIG]482151[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]482152[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]482153[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]482154[/ATTACH] groovy pieces got yours done also but camera ran out of battery...will post for you tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails dscf2209.jpg   dscf2210.jpg   dscf2211.jpg   dscf2212.jpg  
    Old 07-08-2014, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by jaba
    I'm all done with the 2 month group, had kids and families home for 10 days over the 4th. 12 extra people in the house, all gone yesterday, beds changed and all the towels, etc. washed and put away. Now I think I have my groove back and have started making blocks for this group. Today seasaw2mch, gaijin, travelinggramma, and billi. Hope these will work ladies.
    katskiddin I read your note and am I reading it right???you want another print with your print? please advise...Groovy pieces got yours done also but camera ran out of battery...will post for you tomorrow.
    My you were a busy lil bee today :-) after having family for 10 days then all the work getting the house back in order I might have spent the day sleeping not creating beautiful blocks. Thank you thank you my block is beautiful. They are all wonderful but mine is best :-)
    Old 07-08-2014, 05:59 PM

Jaba love that pattern

Last edited by joanelizbay; 07-08-2014 at 06:08 PM.
    Old 07-08-2014, 06:37 PM

Had to keep busy Billi or I would have dropped. Bed will feel very good in a few. Tomorrow's another day, glad you like your block.
    Old 07-09-2014, 05:28 AM

Jaba, How do you get so many perfect blocks done in the same day? Do you cut out a bunch first and then start in sewing? That is what I am going to start today. I have four ready to cut out and then if I am not too tired I will start sewing.
    Old 07-09-2014, 06:42 AM

I do them 1 at a time. I look at the F8, decide on a block that I think will showcase your fabric, then I pull fabric that will blend with it, cut the pieces, sew, trim, and photo. Put it back in your baggie and start on another one. I've always done it this way so I won't get any mixed up, guess it has just worked for me.
    Old 07-09-2014, 06:47 AM

That is the way I have been doing my blocks but thought I would try it cutting out more at a time. (Does that make sense?)
    Thanks for answering me, you really do such beautiful work. Do you remember me? You were my secret Santa last year.
    Old 07-09-2014, 07:01 AM

Thank you for the nice compliment, I try. Yep I remember, love making those secret boxes!