Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group >
  • Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group

• Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group

Old 08-11-2014, 06:44 AM

All my wonderful blocks! Thank you ladies. Can't wait to get them home and put them together.

KAT
    Old 08-13-2014, 03:41 PM

Glad I finished the Clover group when I did. Went to sew a sashing tonight and my machine started knotting up underneath..Nothing I did helped, changing bobbin, cleaning, changing needle and thread, cleaning..so I called my repair man and he said bring it over...Ill get to it when I can...Im trying NOT to stare at the cabinet or get up to go sew something... LOL...Guess its time to cut out more blocks??
    Old 08-13-2014, 05:42 PM

OH, man! That stinks. I have "extra" machines all around the house just in case.
    Old 08-13-2014, 05:52 PM

Here's Jaba's block:

Jane

I'll send along some of the dark grey in case you decide to change out the wings on the flying geese units. If I were to do it again, the dark grey would look better.
    Attached Thumbnails boom-13-jaba.jpg  
    Old 08-14-2014, 11:23 PM

Sorry I haven't kept up with all the blocks being made but I have been sort of busy with family stuff going on. I am so glad that Janice has made the galleries so I can try to keep up with all the pretty blocks being made. You ladies are so talented and I'm glad to be apart of this. Thank you all so very much.
    Old 08-15-2014, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch
    Sorry I haven't kept up with all the blocks being made but I have been sort of busy with family stuff going on. I am so glad that Janice has made the galleries so I can try to keep up with all the pretty blocks being made. You ladies are so talented and I'm glad to be apart of this. Thank you all so very much.
    I know how you feel. Just returned from 10 days with the grandchildren ages 8 and 9. My mom (87) returned with us and will have her here for 10 days. I MISS sewing. I miss playing with the fabric. I love my family and treasure the time I get to spend with them but watch out when it settles down and I can get to play with stash!!
    Old 08-15-2014, 12:09 PM

I have been busy trying to get some projects done so I have been missing from the board. At the end of this month I am going to have a visit from my daughter and grandchildren from Australia. We will have several fun filled days at Disneyland and then off to Boston for 10 days. My daughter is doing a speaking seminar at Harvard for the Medical students. So the kiddies and I will have fun playing around Boston. Seeing that we all lived there before we know where all the best playing places are.
    Old 08-16-2014, 07:40 AM

This weekend is the Yorba Linda Quilt Daze. So I will be there on Sunday to help man our booth from my guild. I will also get to buy the new Annie's book...Quilts made with 3 yards of material. My quilt teacher, Lyn Brown, has one of her quilts showcased in the magazine so I just must have it. Today I am off for a meeting with my Off Kilter Quilters friendship group. Then when I come home I will be making more blocks. Yeah. Want to get all the blocks for the repeat a bom group done before my Daughter arrives from Australia on the 28th. Of course I have to sneak in some of my McKenna Ryan quilt that I am making. Any of you ever make one of her quilts. Lots and Lots of tiny squiggly pieces and she uses a zillion different color fabrics. I curse sewing the squiggly, shaking my head, saying that this lady is a crazy person....but when I get each panel done....I look at it in awe and think......I love it...let's do more. then of course my summer project is to complete as many quilts as I can on my UFO list. He He He.....so far three are done. The funny part and I know that none of you do this....Right? is that I also start on new ones that are not on the list. Sigh.
    Old 08-16-2014, 12:39 PM

Ive got 5 finished, waiting for backing to come in and send to quilters. I was in the middle of putting sashing on my last boom blocks when my machine decided not to sew right. I took my sisters Benina that she left me and was going to see if I could use it but it doesn't have a power cord or foot feed with it! Guess Ill have to try to find one. SO NO sewing this weekend...BUT I did cut out about 12 patterns waiting to sew them LOL...does anyone NOT have something that's a UFO???
    Old 08-17-2014, 05:54 AM

Joanlizbay, hope they fix your machine quickly. Would hate to be without one. Terriamn