Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

• Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 04-06-2015, 04:45 PM

Glorious Kass....just majestic! I am blow away by the creative talent here!
    Old 04-06-2015, 07:33 PM

Bee so glad you are having fun with the blocks that you received, that's always a plus! I'm sure your mother will love it when you get done and it will be a happy shared experience for both of you. So nice she is able to still come home with you for visits, cherish every one of them. I sure miss mine with my Mother, but have the happy memories.
    Old 04-07-2015, 07:42 AM

I HAVE SQUISHY PICTURES TO SHARE!

Thanks to all of you for sharing your talents with me. This is from both groups due to the number of projects I had going Janice held the March blocks for me. I have no idea how I'm going to put this together but I'm liking how all the colors are looking together. This is just opening them up and tossing them on the bed
    Attached Thumbnails 2015-04-07-08.28.00.jpg   2015-04-07-08.27.30.jpg   2015-04-07-08.27.07.jpg   2015-04-07-08.26.39.jpg  
    Old 05-04-2015, 06:46 AM

Hi Everyone! Good to be back and checking in here! Sounds like this has been a busy time for everyone.......well...me too! I wouldn't know where to begin! So I won't go back only to report that I have been getting time in on my UFO's and will post photos next weekend for Mother's Day.

Just a brief update: 2 weeks vacation resulted in 5 extra pounds which I could not afford. Let's just say it will long be remembered as the Krispy Kreme Donut vacation The garden is in the ground and looking great this week. Planted new flower garden around Mom's sun porch....poppies, coneflowers, columbine, coreopsis and others from seed.
    Pool is open and getting things ready for the Boomer's Quilting Retreat in late September.

Those of you who are confirmed and those on the "Send Me Info" list we be receiving an update e-mail from me mid-week. Ready to get back into the planning for this Retreat!

As for next Boom Swap.......I am ready when you are Janice! Would love to read a quick update from all the Boomers out there! Missing my "Keeps Me In Stitches" sisters.

Bee's Buzzin' again!
    Old 05-04-2015, 05:25 PM

It has been super busy here, taking a once a week art therapy class for children with Epilepsy with granddaughter #3 and they were thrilled when I donated a huge stack of quilting magazines to them. Have had several funerals and another one on Friday. Made another quick trip up north to go to a wedding shower and visit Mother, we opened the lake 2 weeks ago and I've been here since last Friday. Wonderful, quiet and serene. Sewed binding on baby quilt and have done lots of resting and reading. This quilt is for one of the ladies in my Biblevstudy group who is having her first baby at 38, nursery is in blue and gray. Will have to send a second email with picture
    Old 05-04-2015, 05:26 PM

I am out here - truly! I have been working on so many different things that I don't see anything getting done.....but it is!! Have gotten the tops and backs done on both the last two boom blocks. And now the thing I hate the most - sandwiching and quilting. And then I realized that Mothers Day is less than a week away - Anyone want to come and sandwich and quilt for me!!
    Went to doctors with my mom today and great news - after 6 months of C. Difficile Infection - her lab came back negative. has been a very long and expensive time...the last 10 days of meds that was THE one cost $700 AFTER two insurances. Very thankful we could pay it and she is well.
    Daughter, SIL and granddaughter coming this weekend so will have to take down my sewing room at my mothers, thus doubt I will get any more quilting done until after they all leave.
    Have told everyone that the last long weekend in Sept is booked. Very excited. Thinking that my mom will be okay for another season and we can get back on the road in September. Praying it is HIS will and not just mine!!
    Old 05-04-2015, 05:35 PM

Ok here it is, I never sent it to the I Pad, hoping it doesn't storm tonight. We need the rain but I have never weathered a storm here by myself. Dog is with me but she shakes like a leaf when it thunders.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]518865[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Old 05-04-2015, 05:37 PM

Traveling gramma, great news on your Mom and enjoy Mothers Day weekend.
    Old 05-09-2015, 06:16 AM

Hello everyone! Can you believe I only have 3 more weeks till retirement and the company's firewall blocked the Quilting Board? So I haven't been stocking daily.

Went through a couple of weeks of panic. My little shephard girl had a mammary lump. Didn't know dogs could get those. We had it removed and tested. Cost a ton of money but it's all ok. Testing came out good.

Everything is moving along. Reality has hit. I moved money from my 401K for a down payment on my retirement property and I think I found it. Waiting for the real estate agent to get back to me. It's in a rural area but the village it's attached to doesn't allow Pit Bulls. Praying it doesn't extend to the outskirts.

Yesterday I filled out my retirement flying benefits form and my manager signed and faxed it in. No turning back now.

Thank goodness I finished my challenge early.

Going to be busy busy busy for the next few months finding a new place and getting my gang moved (4 horses, 5 dogs) all in time for the September retreat.

Bee I didn't get an email. I'm still on the list, right?

KAT
    Old 05-10-2015, 10:34 AM

Wow AzKat you are busy. I can't tell you how much I love being retired. Do miss being able to buy within reason anything I want but I just look at it as a learning experience.