Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

• Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 12-26-2014, 02:48 PM

Evening, Joan. Yes, I'm going to hold the F8s for both groups since everyone who is doing both groups is requesting combined shipping. Doing it all at once will be much easier for me and less expensive for all of you.
    Originally Posted by joanelizbay
    Janice, are you going to wait for the other group to send all their F8s also so you can make one mailing do? If not Ill need to send you some more money to pay for the F8's in the 3 month group. I was hoping you could ship them all together but if you are still waiting on one F8 from the other group it might not be convenient!
    Old 12-26-2014, 05:20 PM

Joanlizbay, sorry to hear you were sick for Christmas

TG glad you were there to get your Mom into the hospital

Spent morning in emergency with my back, I let it get out of control over Christmas, won't do that again
    Old 12-26-2014, 07:36 PM

terri- take it easy - and slow
    Old 12-27-2014, 05:30 AM

I hope everone is feeling better after Christmas! Still have a terrible headache and sinus are causing me problems but luckly there aren't other worse symptoms.. A LOT of the staff and residents at work have the cough and vomiting etc. hope this weekend will allow me to get rid of he stuff! Ive never had back problems but after laying around so much I pity anyone that does have back aches.... Lets ALL get well and start out the new year sewing up a storm!!
    Old 12-27-2014, 05:46 AM

You said it, Joan! Let's start the new year out healthy. And if we can't all quite make that, let's take care of ourselves so we get well as swiftly as possible. As for me, I've got to start walking again. With all the craziness around here - and my sedentary nature which I fight constantly - I've ignored the pups lately and their requests for walks. And now I've got one of my mother's dogs who despite calming down in the last 2 weeks, definitely increases the overall stress level for my dogs. Three dogs is a lot of canine in this house, so daily long walks would be most beneficial and not just for me! I guess that would be my one New Year's Resolution: walk my dogs and work off their stress and mine. Does anyone else have any resolutions for 2015?

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
    I hope everone is feeling better after Christmas! Still have a terrible headache and sinus are causing me problems but luckly there aren't other worse symptoms.. A LOT of the staff and residents at work have the cough and vomiting etc. hope this weekend will allow me to get rid of he stuff! Ive never had back problems but after laying around so much I pity anyone that does have back aches.... Lets ALL get well and start out the new year sewing up a storm!!
    Old 12-27-2014, 06:02 AM

I always have those resolutions but they seem to go by the wayside for some reason ? Think I'll just resolve to keep sewing and quilting, then I'm safe.
    Joan, think your "yuk" came flying through cyberspace last night, sure have that "queasy" feeling and I'm not liking it at all.
    Old 12-27-2014, 06:14 AM

I am sorry to say that I have joined the club.....got the stomach virus Christmas Eve morning and continued through Christmas day. Company started arriving noon Christmas Eve day and straight through Christmas Day. My DH has been hiding the fact that he can certainly cook! I had to stay pretty much in quarantine for 24 hours. He just jumped in and even mashed the potatoes. That revelation was the definitely one of my best surprises. I think I am not going to get better for a while

Happy New Year everyone!
    Bee
    Old 12-27-2014, 11:04 AM

Hope all our sick ones are feeling much better by now. Being sick is the pits, 'specially over the holidays. Flu is beginning to hit pretty hard in this area too. I think I'm going to become a hermit for a while. Nobody to take care of me BUT me. I don't do the flu shots, but they're no good this year anyway. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Old 12-28-2014, 03:10 PM

Libster you are right the flue shots aren't any good but its been this way for several years because they can't really predict which virus is coming. I know several people that have taking the shots and still have gotten the flue.

Anyway, I've been sick myself, not exactly the flue but my family members keep bringing their colds and dropping them off at my house. I have finally told them to stay away from me!!!! I'm so sore from all the coughing, my ribs & back hurt just sitting up.

I haven't been able to do any sewing in 2 months because my house has been so full of everyone else crap. That is all gone now and I'm finally able to set up my sewing again but I'm so sore I don't feel like it. That sucks!!!! I figure that if I wait until after the first of the year, then I'll hopefully be better since I kicked everyone out. LOL I didn't really, they finally was able to moved on to their own places.

If you don't hear from me, I'm resting so don't worry. If something crazy happens, I will email Janice so she will know.
    Old 12-28-2014, 04:04 PM

Maybe we should all "hermit up" here until this stuff passes us by. Several in my family already have it. Supposed to go to the nursing home tomorrow to see my BFF's DH. I'm expecting them to go into quarantine any time now. We thought we'd get in there tomorrow to see him before they do shut everyone out. Sure don't want the flu to get loose in there.
    Stay well, Everyone. If not, try to get in lots of fluids and rest.

Last edited by Libster; 12-28-2014 at 04:08 PM.